What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

Is Casshern Sins actually good? I remember watching a little bit of it on Toonami and it looked really really slow and boring. But everyone online claims it's a masterpiece. Why am I not seeing it?

Holy shit does Toonami still exist?

And I'll let you know after I get past the first five episodes....if I remember and still exist here.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah sorta...it comes on on Saturday nights from midnight til 6 AM. They played Casshern Sins for a while so I'd catch little bits of it. Alright let me know what you think!

I finally finished FMA! It was great.

I've since moved on to FMA: Brotherhood and watched the first three or four episodes; it looks like the first few episodes are basically a recap of what I've already seen with a few expanded or new scenes sprinkled in between.

All caught up in Rosario Vampire II. Need a new manga to start. Anyone have a good recommendation?

Pandora Hearts and Denpa Kyoushi are good.

Also am I the only one enjoying monogatari season 2?

Your avatar is cowboy bebop right?

I've never been able to watch more than 5 episodes of that show and I've watched the same 5 episodes numerous times going...it must be better...nope still the S.O.S.

It is indeed. Spike Spiegel is my favorite anime badass.

I'm honestly surprised you watched 5 episodes...it just starts so frickin slow.

i need to get back into yu yu hakusho...

A classic. Making me nostalgia hard right now.

I finally finished FMA! It was great.

I've since moved on to FMA: Brotherhood and watched the first three or four episodes; it looks like the first few episodes are basically a recap of what I've already seen with a few expanded or new scenes sprinkled in between.

It'll be like that for the first 15 episodes or so. Once the new stuff starts up though, that's when the show starts getting good. Brotherhood is the best shounen imo.

I'm thinking about starting up Pandora Hearts, but Proto told me it's almost done so I should wait a little longer.

I'm watching it as well, though I haven't seen the latest episode. Needs more Araragi.

OMG. Any mention of that anime may make me go watch it. Or at least the Maze Castle Arc.

A classic. Making me nostalgia hard right now.

mm, yu yu hakusho...i can't quite put my finger on it, but yu yu hakusho and other animes of its time had an appeal that animes these days fail to give me. i really do wish i knew about a lot of animes so i'd know exactly what it is, but older animes seem more abstract and "dreamy"...i'm too uncultured for dis thread ._.

SnK, TWGOK S3 and Railgun S1.

I'll probably try/start Watamote and Oreimo next, since I hear about both a lot. (I've only recently really been getting into anime, strangely enough, so there's a lot I haven't really watched.)

They're all pretty good so far. SnK has been going a bit downhill lately. Quality is still good but the pacing, HOO BOY. I have a feeling that the final episode/rest of the female titan arc is going to be rushed as fuck at this rate.

By the way, how is SAO? I've been hearing mixed things about it. Is it just overrated or overhyped or something? I'll probably watch it anyway just so I can form my own opinion.

Edited by loser-kun

I'm waiting for season 3...

Sword Art Online is the worst anime I have ever seen.

really? I've heard a lot of good things about...

I'm not watching any anime right now, but i'm reading Fullmetal Alchemist. It's quite good, but the story... I don't know, each chapter is a random place with no story. But a friend of mine told me the story will become better. I'm pretty slow reading the manga xD. I'm just lazy...

By the way, how is SAO? I've been hearing mixed things about it. Is it just overrated or overhyped or something? I'll probably watch it anyway just so I can form my own opinion.

It's a decent show. Interesting setting but the show goes downhill after the first couple episodes. One of the merits I give it is that while watching the first season I never felt bored or uninterested and, I didn't really see the flaws with this show until I rewatched the episode. It wasn't until season two when the show became bad. It just became "Kirito OP do everything now". Also I quite despise what they did with Asuna. Also they shafted the side characters big time. They gave like one episode per female character so that they could crush on Kirito then basically disappear from the show. And the others just get like passing appearances every now and then in the show (seriously the red haired guy had so much potential to be a great character). I give it like a 6-7/10.

Edited by Cero

Just started Fairy Tail not too long ago. Also watching Cowboy Bebop but I fell asleep during episode 21, then went back to rewatch it and it happened again, so I'm more focused on watching fairy tail.

Sword Art Online is the worst anime I have ever seen.

Is it at least enjoyable? Because that's mostly what I rate animes by, how much I enjoy them. Not how they stack up to other anime.

If it was truly terrible I doubt it'd have such a following.

Helios is thinking "why would you mention SAO with RF around? Do you know how she reacts to that?"

Is it at least enjoyable? Because that's mostly what I rate animes by, how much I enjoy them. Not how they stack up to other anime.

If it was truly terrible I doubt it'd have such a following.

I can't tell you how much you'll enjoy it. It's an atrociously-written teen male wish fulfillment flavored in MMO terminology with fanservice on top.

It has a following for the same reason Twilight has a following: the fans want to see themselves in the lead's shoes.

You'll enjoy the beginning, but once you realize just how much better it should be it gets really tough to watch.

And yes, aside from the first three episodes, I really don't have anything good to say about it. The first two in particular can easily get you hyped up for something awesome, but it's just an illusion.

Watching SAO on Toonmai. You can give me spoilers but, does anything happen to the red head guy from episode 1?

No. You'll see him, like, 3 more times throughout the rest of the show. Male characters other than Kirito and villains basically only have cameo appearances.