What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been watching Gundam SEED and I hate it. Kira is a god mod sue, Lacus is a purity sue and Cagalli is a forget-able Tsundere. The only one that's likeable is Athrun.

I would say something about Dearka but that's only because in the english dub, he's voiced by Brad Swaile who voiced Amuro Ray and Light Yagami.

Ignore SEED and skip to 00.

Speaking of 00, I FINALLY finished it. It's pretty good imo. Lots of great mecha action. I can see why some people consider the second season a trainwreck (I think I enjoyed the first season a bit more), but it was an enjoyable trainwreck. I give it a 7.5/10

Interesting... people seem to know me for being a masochist.

I'm pretty much watching this on my own accord.

I'm looking for the worst anime dubs ever on the internet and I stumbled across GERMAN NARUTO.

I never ever watched much of the original Naruto but jESUS FRICK

tumblr_maymrpeMAe1rtr3kno1_1280.jpg

NARUTO BLEELELLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE

Epic censorship.

I'm currently rewatching Yugioh because I just rewatched Yugioh The Abridged series.

Im watching Attack on Titan, Dangan ronpa(WATCH IT), and durarara!!(because why not :D)

I heard the Danganronpa anime isn't as good as the game, so I'd rather just play that instead.

Watching Attack on Titan (bloody hell indeed!), and Dangan Ronpa (watched up to where the anime is right now, then started reading it online with my sister aloud, cuz its fun to make up and use voices for the characters.) I will say that while the original game gives the full experience, the anime is a good summary of events that doesn't take nearly as long as reading through all the exposition and unnecessary dialogue.

I'm currently watching:

Blood Lad - 4/10

Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation - 4/10

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation - 5/10 (the anime adaption isn't very good)

Free! - 6/10

Futari wa Milky Holmes - 4/10 or 5/10

Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou - 4/10 or 5/10

Highschool DxD New - 1/10 (I watch for the laughs)

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen - 8/10 (bias for this series)

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi - 6/10 or 7/10 (I like this one for some reason)

Kimi no Iru Machi - 6/10

Kiniro Mosaic - 7/10 or 8/10 (kawaiii :3)

Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku - 3/10 (lol boring tbh)

Love Lab - 7/10 (so cute ^_^)

Monogatari Series: Second Season - 8/10 or 9/10 (<3333333333333)

Rozen Maiden (2013) - Meh...5/10 maybe 6/10

Senki Zesshou Symphogear G: In The Distance, That Day, When The Star Became Music... - 2/10 or 3/10

Shingeki no Kyojin - 7/10 or 8/10 (pacing is WAY too slow)

Tamayura: More Aggressive - 8/10 (<3)

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S - 7/10

I'm also watching Kuroko no Basket so I can watch the second season as it airs. I didn't plan to ever watch it since I have no interest in sports whatsoever, but I wanted to see what all the hype was about in the end. 7/10 so far. 20 eps in.

I heard the Danganronpa anime isn't as good as the game, so I'd rather just play that instead.

That's actually true. The anime seems rushed for a series that's only supposed to have a few episodes.

The game covers more details, but the anime is still pretty satisfying,

(Somewhat) Mid-Season Power Rankings

1. Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen: It helps that I've read the manga so I can keep up with the occasionally fast pace, but they're doing a pretty solid job adapting this arc (which is one of my favorites). Yeah I'm probably biased haha.

2. Shingeki no Kyojin: It's been getting good the last couple episodes (really interesting last two episodes), but man this pacing is slow. Procrastination: The Anime.

3. Danganronpa: I didn't play the game, but regardless I've been enjoying this adaptation. It's been hard to predict some of these murders (the last one was pretty easy tho imo) since they don't really give you a ton of details/hints, but it becomes pretty obvious once the trial starts up. I look forward to the next episode each week.

4. Railgun S: It's not the Sisters Arc anymore, but what I like about Railgun is the characters so it's all good.

5. Monogatari "Second Season": It looks nice and got pretty interesting at the end of Hanekawa's arc. This new arc is pretty interesting too. Lots of head tilts.

6.. Blood Lad: Mindless entertainment.

7. Love Lab: Started out slow (imo), but lately it's been pretty good and I'm actually finding it humorous instead of feeling like I'm wasting my time.

8. Highschool DxD: I actually watch this for the characters and plot (wait what? crazy I know) so honestly I liked the first season better. The last arc was kinda boring, but with the recent events maybe this new arc will be interesting.

9. Watamote: Maybe it's because of the last few episodes, but honestly this show just makes me cringe instead of laugh and I feel like I'm wasting my time. I can't really relate to Tomoko (that's her name right?). At first I could kinda sympathize with her, but lately she's just been an idiot and it's completely understandable why she's in the situation that she's in.

If Space Battleship Yamato 2199 counts as "this season", it's in the top 3 somewhere.

1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

2. Bleach

3. Code Geass

4. Yu-Gi-Oh (All series except Zexal which is bad) because it was one of the 2 anime I watched when I was a kid though the dub was bad.

5. Fairy Tail, Naruto (Before the dub died)

Only Kami Nomi ( TWGOK) and Hunter X Hunter 2011. Not a big fan of Romance/Harem but Keima Katsuragi is god and the anime is good.

Keima is the best. Clever as hell and he's all about playing games. Dude plays everywhere even in the middle of class and doesn't give a fuck. He's like L from Death Note trying to score chicks. Was really getting tired of the weakass protagonists like Yuuki Rito or the usual 90 % nice guys omega weaklings protagonists of the romance genre. Seriously who wants to see a nice guy getting all the hot chicks ? Seeing a dragon outside the window would be more believable than seeing one of these weaklings romance protagonists getting girls.

HXH is put simply the best manga of all times and has two kickass animes. Togashi rocks and even Level E and Yuyu Hakusho are awesome shows too.

7. Love Lab: Started out slow (imo), but lately it's been pretty good and I'm actually finding it humorous instead of feeling like I'm wasting my time.

This show has been so surprisingly good. Dark horse of the season for me.

9. Watamote: Maybe it's because of the last few episodes, but honestly this show just makes me cringe instead of laugh and I feel like I'm wasting my time. I can't really relate to Tomoko (that's her name right?). At first I could kinda sympathize with her, but lately she's just been an idiot and it's completely understandable why she's in the situation that she's in.

It's because of how the show makes me cringe that I love it so much.

I finally caught up with Hunter x Hunter. This show is Goddamn brutal. People drop like flies.

This show has been so surprisingly good. Dark horse of the season for me.

It's because of how the show makes me cringe that I love it so much.

Right? I didn't really expect much coming in, and I even considered dropping it like a month in, but lately it's been good so I made a complete 180.

That's what I liked about it at first too, but idk man...maybe I'm not masochistic enough for this or something because it's just getting painful to continue watching.

Right? I didn't really expect much coming in, and I even considered dropping it like a month in, but lately it's been good so I made a complete 180.

That's what I liked about it at first too, but idk man...maybe I'm not masochistic enough for this or something because it's just getting painful to continue watching.

After the most recent episode I think Love Lab is my favorite show currently airing. Fo realz.

Either that or you're not sadistic enough.

Waiting for Shingeki no Kyojin to hurry up with the obvious reveal. At least it's showing the characters logically reaching the conclusions the audience made 4 episodes ago. Otherwise it's been pretty great.

Limping painfully through Day Break Illusion as well. It's not bad, really, but sometimes it tries waaaay too hard to be Madoka Magica with the gritty aspects. Episode 8, man....that's not how you do plot.

Finally, sat through the entirety of Death Note for the first time. Potato chips have never been so dramatic and glorious.