What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

It isnt your usual VN. Keep watching, and make sure you watch After story too. Otherwise IMO you wasted your time.

Mmk.

Also, I just passed the

Afterschool Rhapsody.

That girl really can't play the Violin.

Out of all the girls, Kyou seems the most realistic of the bunch. Liking her as a character more than the rest. Everyone else just barfs up Moe. Tomoyo not really so much, but the rest, ehhhyeap.

Not like it's bad though.

I liked Fuuko's weird little existence though. That and her "tell it like it is" personality got more laughs from me than I expected. Not the zone-outs though.

Edited by Elieson

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomoyo's my (second favorite, after Sunohora) favorite of the girls. She even features prominently in the first OVA, although I'll say no more because SPOILERS.

I'm getting it right when I say Tomoya is the male lead, and Tomoyo is the female uhh, whatever she is categorized as in this series.

I'd normally expect the A and O to be reversed, due to foreign tongue and gender inflection.

Heke?

Female STREET FIGHTER.

Also yeah, that was definitely weird for me to get used too at first.

I'm glad someone didn't stop at episode 8 because of "homo action". So many are so insecure and miss an incredible Anime because of it.

Yea. Even though half of me actually hates this anime for making me feel so conflicted. Who am I supposed to blame for all of this injustice?

And Maria's kid T^T

I feel like crying in a corner now.

Not sure how much of this (if any) is spoilers so:

[spoiler=shinsekai yori]One of the things I loved about Shinsekai Yori was how scarily believable it was. I felt like the society could really become so messed up if suddenly psychic powers were discovered. Honestly I thought everything was pretty well-executed barring some patchy animation at times.

Excellent series.

currently? nothing

i finished nagi no asukara last week but 2nd cour was so disappointing

gais give me anime reccomendations !!f

examples of anime i liked that are pretty cool: hyouka, dennou coil, hanasaku iroha, eden of the east, hataraku maousama, gatchaman crowds

so basically beautiful art / good animation + decent plot/characters + gender balanced animes are cool

Also I recommend Fate/Zero. It's NOTHING like what you asked for at all, really...Just whenever you're in the mood for something different. I only mention this because someone put up a link to Kara no Kyoukai and the same studio animated both of them.

Although I haven't watched any of the animes that you liked that are pretty cool, so take it with a grain of salt? Other recommendable ones are uh...

Baccano!, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist (original or Brotherhood), Attack On Titan, Mirai Nikki, Kaiba

I should probably say something more about them but I'm lazy.

For me Mirai Nikki came after, because I'd watched Deadman Wonderland first, but I can sort of see how you might compare the two now that you mention it. I loved both of them though, as they were right up my alley. Let me know your final thoughts.

OMGZZZ! Just finished watching Deadman Wonderland! It was awesome! .......BUT WHY HAVE IT STOP THERE?! IT WAS GETTING SOOO GOOD! DX

Sometimes I really hate how Japan calls the shots on what is made; sucks how we can't have another season just because it bombed over there..... XP

Anyways, I really enjoyed it, but it raised far too many questions by the end that never got answered. Which is why I'm off to read the manga immediately; I much prefer anime in general over manga, but if they're not gonna bother adapting the rest of the series, this story deserves a full read. I have to know what happens! I'll be back to give thoughts on that after I finish it.

On a side note, Shiro is best character. I was wary of her at first (she seems like the Yuno character of this story), but she won me over with this cute little scene, among others; props to Kana Hanazawa for making her the most adorable ball of sunshine in this gritty story.

Why so adorable? Shiro, pls, stahp! You're not allowed to be this cute, not in this genre! XD

Since that was so short lived sadly (why 12 episode syndrome?), I think I'm going to move onto Corpse Princess (Shikabane Hime); saw it on the list of similar anime to Deadman Wonderland, and it looks interesting...

Although I haven't watched any of the animes that you liked that are pretty cool, so take it with a grain of salt? Other recommendable ones are uh...

Baccano!, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist (original or Brotherhood), Attack On Titan, Mirai Nikki, Kaiba

I should probably say something more about them but I'm lazy.

I can vouch for Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (and it just so happens that I changed for a FMA theme tonight xp)

Probably the best anime/manga I've seen/read in terms of story and characters.

currently? nothing

i finished nagi no asukara last week but 2nd cour was so disappointing

gais give me anime reccomendations !!f

examples of anime i liked that are pretty cool: hyouka, dennou coil, hanasaku iroha, eden of the east, hataraku maousama, gatchaman crowds

so basically beautiful art / good animation + decent plot/characters + gender balanced animes are cool

If you are looking for good art and animation and gender balance. I can recommend the show I just watched 'shin sekai yori' but it is depressing.

Or you can just go watch what refa told you to Ufotable's Kara no kyokai and Fate/zero they have the most polished animation or all the studios today.

But out of all the shows you listed i've only watched hyouka :shrug:

EDIT: Oh I know. Scrap the previous suggestiosn. Go watch stiens;gate. Cant go wrong with that.

Edited by Akinaoki

Up to Clannad ep17.

Strangely addicting, like Pizza flavored Pringles. Ryou is still boring as dirt. Kotomi's story was pretty feels. Basketball game was amazing I can see Tomoyo development coming soon, but I still find Kyou more entertaining (as the more realistic of the bunch, minus Nagisa).

If you are looking for good art and animation and gender balance. I can recommend the show I just watched 'shin sekai yori' but it is depressing.

Or you can just go watch what refa told you to Ufotable's Kara no kyokai and Fate/zero they have the most polished animation or all the studios today.

EDIT: Oh I know. Scrap the previous suggestiosn. Go watch stiens;gate. Cant go wrong with that.

oh i started shin sekai yori but yeah it was depressing

oh yeah, i heard steins;gate was really good/everyone's telling me to watch it

i guess i'll do that

oh i started shin sekai yori but yeah it was depressing

oh yeah, i heard steins;gate was really good/everyone's telling me to watch it

i guess i'll do that

Be warned: The void will come for you.

Started watching JoJo, and it's been about the best thing I've seen this year. I'd be hard pressed to find something that has been more entertaining.

Edited by Gaia

OMGZZZ! Just finished watching Deadman Wonderland! It was awesome! .......BUT WHY HAVE IT STOP THERE?! IT WAS GETTING SOOO GOOD! DX

Sometimes I really hate how Japan calls the shots on what is made; sucks how we can't have another season just because it bombed over there..... XP

Haha, I know exactly what you mean.

Anyways, I really enjoyed it, but it raised far too many questions by the end that never got answered. Which is why I'm off to read the manga immediately; I much prefer anime in general over manga, but if they're not gonna bother adapting the rest of the series, this story deserves a full read. I have to know what happens! I'll be back to give thoughts on that after I finish it.

On a side note, Shiro is best character. I was wary of her at first (she seems like the Yuno character of this story), but she won me over with this cute little scene, among others; props to Kana Hanazawa for making her the most adorable ball of sunshine in this gritty story.

Since that was so short lived sadly (why 12 episode syndrome?), I think I'm going to move onto Corpse Princess (Shikabane Hime); saw it on the list of similar anime to Deadman Wonderland, and it looks interesting...

I never actually got to reading the manga, because part of me was still holding out hopes. Maybe I should finally get around to it. Your analysis on Shiro is pretty solidly unarguable, and it's kind of amazing how similar our tastes can be at times.

I actually picked up disks of Shikabane Hime when I saw it on sale cheap at a con I think, but have never got around to watching it. Maybe I should do that now, and then we can powwow and swap our experiences or something.

I really liked Steins;Gate. The only reserve I would have about it his regarding the first few episodes. While I found them entertaining thanks to the insight they provided on the world and characters, they are pretty slow paced in terms of action. My friend started watching it after my recommendation, but stopped after a few ones because it wasn't going fast enough to keep her interested. I personally feel the anime is definitely worth 'enduring' these first few, slow-paced episodes since the later half and ending are incredible.

Nagisa just opened the box

THE FEELS

I need to get around to watch Clannad and After Story >_<