What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished watching the first season of Oreimo, it was good, if a bit cringeworthy at times, especially towards the end. Definetely gonna watch the second season later. (Also Kuroneko is best girl, before anyone asks)

I'm watching Death Note again. I think everyone has already watched this, so there isn't much to say...

I'm watching Death Note again. I think everyone has already watched this, so there isn't much to say...

I never made it past Episode 2

Z3, Captain Earth, and Gundam Build Fighters have gotten me back in the mood to watch mecha anime, so I'm sort of slowly catching up on some things I guess. By the way, everyone should watch Gundam Build Fighters.

Edited by Hikarasuman

Anyone know which shows are worth watching this season?

(My gut tells me this is a weak season, I hope im wrong though)

Jojo for sure. Haikyuu!! if you like sports shonen with great animation.

(My gut tells me this is a weak season, I hope im wrong though)

That depends on what you see as a "weak" season. Some shows this season that are good and not reliant on you having seen anything previously:

One Week Friends

Haikyuu!!

The World is Still Beautiful

Riddle Story of the Devil

I didn't mention JoJo because Stardust Crusaders, which is airing right now, is a sequel to the previous first two parts of 26 episodes, but it is indeed a good show worth catching up on.

Finished watching the first season of Oreimo, it was good, if a bit cringeworthy at times, especially towards the end. Definetely gonna watch the second season later. (Also Kuroneko is best girl, before anyone asks)

Oh, if you thought the first season was cringeworthy... That end though...

Indeed, <3 Kuroneko

Anyhow, I'm currently watching four ongoing anime this season: No Game No Life, Nanana's Buried Treasure, Akuma no Riddle, and Mahouka Koukou. I'm interested in all four of them, but I surprisingly don't care for plot for any of them >_>

Well, new season, so I'm watching a lot so far:

Akuma no Riddle, Black Bullet, Captain Earth, Gokukoku no Brynhildr, Isshuukan Friends, Mahouka, Mekakucity Actors, No Game No Life, Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin, Magicalcardgamegirls and Soredemo Sekai.

Most are... okayish, but nothing special at all (I'm particularly not fond of Captain Earth). I like Akuma no Riddle, Isshuukan Friends and Mahouka so far and I can't stop watching this opening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8ibWT57GqY

Indeed, <3 Kuroneko

Anyhow, I'm currently watching four ongoing anime this season: No Game No Life, Nanana's Buried Treasure, Akuma no Riddle, and Mahouka Koukou. I'm interested in all four of them, but I surprisingly don't care for plot for any of them >_>

I don't see the appeal of the first two yet (although I like Nanana), but who'd say no to crazy lesbian assassins and the most op protagonist ever with awesome OST and fighting scenes?

I don't see the appeal of the first two yet (although I like Nanana), but who'd say no to crazy lesbian assassins and the most op protagonist ever with awesome OST and fighting scenes?

Well, you know about my love for adorable imoutos and sweet sibling interactions, right? I also like watching animes where I can try to figure stuff out. Solving puzzles is fun too, and I enjoy speculating the outcome of the games.

Nanana just seems really fun and entertaining. Akuma no Riddle I'm watching solely for the action because it doesn't seem like the plot is anything special, and the character development is super shallow.

For Mahouka though, OP protag is cool and all, but I'm really not sure where the story is heading. It's gonna be really dull if the entire season is gonna be about high school discrimination. But I like the setting, and I'm hoping they can make good use of it.

Edited by Railgun

DAMN YOU TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN!!!

I actually had to take a break from watching due to all the untimely deaths and school. But that ending... DAT ENDING. Right in the FEELS!

Just finished up FMA and just before that I marathon'd Attack on Titan. Taking a break from anime for exams but plan to watch FMA:B over the summer.

So much hot blooded action.

Anyways, I rewatched Death Note. I really liked it. Don't know what else to say, other than I have new appreciation for the production values of the anime. Like it'd be super easy to make it boring but somehow they managed to make it work. Also the English dub is really good. I remember hating the ending my first time through, but I actually...didn't mind it that much? Like there were still certain parts where I felt like Light was acting out of character or like "no way would he actually make that mistake" and there was too much coincidence playing a factor but the actual ending itself was pretty OK, I thought.

I tried to express my feelings about the ending without spoiling anything, hopefully I did a good enough job.

The protagonists of No Game No Life seem too perfect/all knowing to me so far. I hope this changes - but ep 3 managed to show some small flaws and Sora and Shiro became way more credible.

Development is shallow, but I really like the characters. I guess I have a thing for cazy girls - too bad Jack the Ripper#2 dropped out already.

I don't care much about the setting,but I see where you're coming from. So far I watch it for the fights and the OST. It's unsual how conscious he is of Miyuki.

Edited by Assurhaddon