The Effect of Stat Boosters

When playing Blazing Sword, I have noticed that when I give Eliwood a Secret Book at lv. 1 (in Ch. 12), that by the time I have finished the game, he has amazing skill, but every one of his other stats are pretty bad. What does this mean? Do stat boosters increase the growth rate of a stat by a percentage when used? I've done this at least twice, and Eliwood had amazing skill (almost maxed out skill, probably would have if he were lv. 20 promoted) both times. Does anyone know why this occurs?

Well, rather than comparing his stats to his caps, look at his averages. However, there has never been a game (at least to my knowledge) where statboosters raised growth rates. They simply boost the stat by a fixed amount.

Well, rather than comparing his stats to his caps, look at his averages. However, there has never been a game (at least to my knowledge) where statboosters raised growth rates. They simply boost the stat by a fixed amount.

And it's usually 7 for Seraph Robes, 2 for everything else, IIRC. (And it has been always like that since FE6.)

Edited by LittleAl

And it's usually 7 for Seraph Robes, 2 for everything else, IIRC.

Yes, though I know that some of the earlier games had items with larger stat-boosts, but they were items you had in your inventory rather than items that you used. The only example I can think of from the later games is the Rudol Gem at the end of FE10. The knight ward in FE9 is similar, though not the same.

Yes, though I know that some of the earlier games had items with larger stat-boosts, but they were items you had in your inventory rather than items that you used. The only example I can think of from the later games is the Rudol Gem at the end of FE10. The knight ward in FE9 is similar, though not the same.

You're talking about items like several of FE4's rings. And I wouldn't exactly say the earlier games' stat boosters were all items in the inventory. Cases in point: FE1 and FE3. (And by the looks of things, FE5's rings function in the same way as Seraph Robes and the like.)

Edited by LittleAl