look what i found in todays headlines

Judas

d06ecd6d3c8e4c52b7360e1.jpg

(CONT. FROM ARTICLE)

This administration change was the first in several years, after a significant period of stagnation at the moderating level. Many users were horrified by the news of a power change, as anything that was even vaguely new was terrifying and probably threatening to them.

"It's just, I don't trust him, you know? I haven't been parasitically feeding off of the blood of Judas as I have with Vincent or Nice Truck said an anonymous member, who asked not to be identified. "It's frightening because everything is not as it was yesterday."

Still, some remained positive, feeling that this administration change could bring about amazing benefits to the site.

"Judas is beautiful," said Judas. "I really trust him and I hope he goes far. There's a lot that needs to be done with this site, and I think Judas is really the only one with the vision and skill to get it done. He's ambitious, but he knows how to make that ambition real."

The power change is to be effective noon tomorrow. Rumors have it that the first act of this new administration will be to ADD A FUCKING APOSTROPHE TO THE END OF SERENES. There have also been whispers of implementing a Casual Thursday dress code variation.

Edited by Judas

Rumors have it that the first act of this new administration will be to ADD A FUCKING APOSTROPHE TO THE END OF SERENES.

It's not Serene's Forest. It doesn't belong to someone named Serene. The forest is named "Serenes".

The pigs ain't flying, Satan ain't freezing, and I ain't believing it.

you are capable of discerning even the most subtle of deceptions, i am impressed

Why thank you, and your deceiving was not half bad. The fake newspaper adds to the effect quite nicely. It would help if you realized that Friday is the 22nd and Thursday is the 21st though.

Edited by Randomly Predictable

Rumors have it that the first act of this new administration will be to ADD A FUCKING APOSTROPHE TO THE END OF SERENES.

It's not Serene's Forest. It doesn't belong to someone named Serene. The forest is named "Serenes".

That's just like, your opinion, man.

The term is of ancient Finno-Ugric origin. Renes is a shortened form of őrlheménis, meaning "cooked" or "charred". Se, or še more properly, is a morpheme that provides the context of a hut or campground. Together in the form šerenes, they mean Fire Emblem.

Edited by Hero

The term is of ancient Finno-Ugric origin. Renes is a shortened form of őrlheménis, meaning "cooked" or "charred". Se, or še more properly, is a morpheme that provides the context of a hut or campground. Together in the form šerenes, they mean Fire Emblem.

So, are you saying something clever, or is it just a joke? Because you know what an "emblem" is.

Lol @ apostrophed Serenes. Serene's? Serenes'? What's this meant to be? Serenes has three syllables. Se-re-nes. It's said out loud during one of the Endgame cutscenes. The mistake was more acceptable during the days of FE9, but not now. But who cares, Judas can't even troll properly.

So, are you saying something clever, or is it just a joke? Because you know what an "emblem" is.

Meaning morphs over time, and context can change the meaning of roots. Ugric languages especially are famous for this effect.

An emblem is the symbol of a house, a hut is nothing other than a primitive house and in the context of Å¡erenes the root Å¡e recalls the meaning of a symbol. Å e is the closest this ancient language gets to the English word emblem, its speakers were less concerned with dead names on rolls and heraldry than they were with their children, and in later years the predicaments of their inhospitable situation.

If you don't trust me, I'll give you the etymological proof. In Hungarian words the prefix sa, deriving from še, is used to identify terms dealing with coats of arms and banners, though modern flags are considered a different matter. In Eastern Khanty and Udmurt the word kéršezve, roughly analogous to an emblem or sigil, incorporates the ancient root. The other dialects of Khanty prefer the Russian term, however.

Unfortunately the Finnic line of descent has resorted to using Germanic terms for matters of heraldry, having been subjugated in every case for more than a thousand years by speakers of those languages, but I have offered enough to convince anyone by now.

Edited by Hero

Lol @ apostrophed Serenes. Serene's? Serenes'? What's this meant to be? Serenes has three syllables. Se-re-nes. It's said out loud during one of the Endgame cutscenes. The mistake was more acceptable during the days of FE9, but not now.\

You make an excellent point, in that Serenes can't possibly have an apostrophe because it is three syllables.

Meaning morphs over time, and context can change the meaning of roots. Ugric languages especially are famous for this effect.

An emblem is the symbol of a house, a hut is nothing other than a primitive house and in the context of Å¡erenes the root Å¡e recalls the meaning of a symbol. Å e is the closest this ancient language gets to the English word emblem, its speakers were less concerned with dead names on rolls and heraldry than they were with their children, and in later years the predicaments of their inhospitable situation.

If you don't trust me, I'll give you the etymological proof. In Hungarian words the prefix sa, deriving from še, is used to identify terms dealing with coats of arms and banners, though modern flags are considered a different matter. In Eastern Khanty and Udmurt the word kéršezve, roughly analogous to an emblem or sigil, incorporates the ancient root. The other dialects of Khanty prefer the Russian term, however.

Unfortunately the Finnic line of descent has resorted to using Germanic terms for matters of heraldry, having been subjugated in every case for more than a thousand years by speakers of those languages, but I have offered enough to convince anyone by now.

Do you really buy those revisionist theories? What's next, more of the Russo-Turkish nonsense? All the responsible scholars have vindicated the Basque descent hypothesis, why persist in this willful backwardness?

Edited by Le Communard

d06ecd6d3c8e4c52b7360e1.jpg

Hang on a minute: In that that "article", Vincent is quoted as saying "Judas is a great guy...". However, in your profile you are listed as female.

Ergo, you being promoted to Root Admin is surely nothing more than a load of baloney, right?

Do you really buy those revisionist theories? What's next, more of the Russo-Turkish nonsense? All the responsible scholars have vindicated the Basque descent hypothesis, why persist in this willful backwardness?

You're being contrary for the sake of being contrary, I know you.

How could an Ugrian word be of Basque descent? They're half a world away from each other, and have been since the beginning of linguistic history for all we know. With no evidence for it and plenty stacked against your "hypothesis" is nothing but an assumption, and a silly one at that.

If you have opinions and interests, though, you should put them to good use. The reconstruction effort with Proto-Finno-Ugric is still ongoing, and even if you can't comb through old record chambers at Kudymkar and Bardym there are other ways to offer support.

Edited by Hero

You're being contrary for the sake of being contrary, I know you.

How could an Ugrian word be of Basque descent? They're half a world away from each other, and have been since the beginning of linguistic history for all we know. With no evidence for it and plenty stacked against your "hypothesis" is nothing but an assumption, and a silly one at that.

[/quote

Don't you know anything about the great eighth Century Celto-Finnish-Basque trade triangle? Please.

Edited by Le Communard