1. 1. Who will win?

• Sigurd
    • Ike

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ike: Overall I'm awesome and badass but early on I'm weak and babied :(

Sigurd: I'm the Titania/Seth throughout most of the game and pretty much stay the best until Levin becomes a Demi-God with that blasted Holsety of his and the Leg ring may as well go on him. Tyrfing >>> Ragnell by the way.

Ike: Fuck off, it's not my fault they gave characters here steroids instead of some being able to use a broken holy weapon. Least my personality's less bland than yours.

Sigurd: I'll take that over Yaoi fangirls any day dood.

Edited by Zetta

Which Ike? FE9 and Sigurd wins easily. FE10 and Sigurd still likely wins, but at least it's a match.

hmmmm...that's a good question. Well personally, I'd say both because they're still comsider the same character after all.

Sigurd: I'm the Titania/Seth throughout most of the game and pretty much stay the best until Levin becomes a Demi-God with that blasted Holsety of his and the Leg ring may as well go on him. Tyrfing >>> Ragnell by the way.

Ike: Fuck off, it's not my fault they gave characters here steroids instead of some being able to use a broken holy weapon. Least my personality's less bland than yours.

So...I take it that your vote goes to Sigurd...?

Edited by Ash Crimson

9/10. Ike should've blasted him for Diadora. Otherwise, perfect. :awesome:

The least people could do is check Sigurd's stats out before they vote.

That doesn't help. His speed is "only" 11 at base and his spd growth is "only" 30%. Those don't really look great. Now, to understand Sigurd's awesomeness in fe4 properly you really have to know what the enemy stats are and just what he can do with that Silver Sword and how much it means to have that 9 move.

(Technically, you could sell the sword and give it to Ethlin. It wouldn't be smart, but some people don't like the whole optimal allocation of resources thing and call stuff like letting Sigurd have the Silver Sword "favouritism". Of course, those people that cry all that stuff about some characters in fe9 and fe10 don't seem to be saying anything about the fact that Sigurd doesn't have any inherent "right" to the Silver Sword, but oh well. They like Sigurd. Oh, and Lachesis shows up not long afterwards. And Ira probably could use the sword a bit when she first shows up because it has more mt and less wt than her Iron Blade and it'll be a bit before she doesn't care that blades have 60 hit, so the 80 hit on the Silver Sword helps greatly, too.)

Edited by Narga_Rocks

You can't be putting "Who will win", because they are not going to fight, if anything put "Who is better", because certainly, Sigurd is, just look at him, he laughs at enemies, is easy to train for a pre-promote and is awesome until the end.

And Ira probably could use the sword a bit when she first shows up because it has more mt and less wt than her Iron Blade and it'll be a bit before she doesn't care that blades have 60 hit, so the 80 hit on the Silver Sword helps greatly, too.)

Iron Blade Ayra only gets below 100 hit in Ch1 if she fights things in forests, and I always have her buy a Slim Sword if she really needs to hit to save me. She usually doesn't ORKO without Starlight even with the Iron Blade, so the loss of power doesn't matter much - she can still kill weakened things, or soften up an enemy for someone else to kill. Then in Ch2, she isn't doing jack all, and in Ch3 you have a million new weapons including the Hero and the extra Silver, so it's no longer an issue.

Anyway, Sigurd is winning. Awesome. There may still be hope for humanity.

And Ira probably could use the sword a bit when she first shows up because it has more mt and less wt than her Iron Blade and it'll be a bit before she doesn't care that blades have 60 hit, so the 80 hit on the Silver Sword helps greatly, too.)

Iron Blade Ayra only gets below 100 hit in Ch1 if she fights things in forests, and I always have her buy a Slim Sword if she really needs to hit to save me. She usually doesn't ORKO without Starlight even with the Iron Blade, so the loss of power doesn't matter much - she can still kill weakened things, or soften up an enemy for someone else to kill. Then in Ch2, she isn't doing jack all, and in Ch3 you have a million new weapons including the Hero and the extra Silver, so it's no longer an issue.

I never said it was a good idea. Just an alternative. Kinda like leaving Adept on Soren in fe10.

Maybe it was just coliseum where Ayra had a bunch of hit issues at first. At base she only has 92 hit, so I think I saw her actually miss once or twice even on the field. But I never said giving her Sigurd's sword was an intelligent idea.

That doesn't help. His speed is "only" 11 at base and his spd growth is "only" 30%. Those don't really look great. Now, to understand Sigurd's awesomeness in fe4 properly you really have to know what the enemy stats are and just what he can do with that Silver Sword and how much it means to have that 9 move.

(Technically, you could sell the sword and give it to Ethlin. It wouldn't be smart, but some people don't like the whole optimal allocation of resources thing and call stuff like letting Sigurd have the Silver Sword "favouritism". Of course, those people that cry all that stuff about some characters in fe9 and fe10 don't seem to be saying anything about the fact that Sigurd doesn't have any inherent "right" to the Silver Sword, but oh well. They like Sigurd. Oh, and Lachesis shows up not long afterwards. And Ira probably could use the sword a bit when she first shows up because it has more mt and less wt than her Iron Blade and it'll be a bit before she doesn't care that blades have 60 hit, so the 80 hit on the Silver Sword helps greatly, too.)

Sigurd is still better than everyone with just Steel, so even sandbagging him wouldn't help Ike's case D:

Sigurd is still better than everyone with just Steel, so even sandbagging him wouldn't help Ike's case D:

He is? I suppose even if he doesn't ORKO as much it isn't like everyone else is doing anywhere near his damage. Besides, I like having him with the silver sword since I can give Sigurd's steel to Alec.

Well, at least in the first 2 chapters.

Fin comes closest to consistent killing (26 atk at base with Steel vs. Sigurd's 24/28 with Stl/Silver at base, iirc he only misses stuff he can't double), but has WTD rather than A, although Prayer is cool considering everything that's not a boss has Iron

Cuan relies on ~20% Adept to kill, but 2HKOs everything with Iron

Midir kills if he activates Charge which I'm too lazy to calc its weird formula for, 2HKOs otherwise

Azel kills level 1 bandits if he ever reaches them, which ties Steel

Noish has a <10% chance to kill stuff with a Crit and 3HKOs or worse otherwise

Ayra is in the same boat as Midir, only Astra is more like a ~30% kill, but unmounted is a joke

Jamka wins offense but lolbows

Everyone else fails, and everyone loses durability and mobility to him.

Everyone who pulls a slight lead due to lolRNG is getting shitstomped in durability and/or can't counter at 1 range and as a result also can't run into packs of 10 enemies, laugh in their faces, make crude insults about their mothers, then killing them all without getting below half HP.

Although yes, giving him Silver is probably in your best interest so that he can send the Steel to Alec.

Edited by Paperblade

Sigurd's personality >> Ike's personality actually. And Sigurd's background + story is more interesting. kthx

I think FE10 Ike is hilarious, to be honest, and that's the game where he's more bland. Sigurd just strikes me as your standard FE lord, pretty much identical to Roy, Eliwood, Eirika, Leaf, Celice and Marth.

FE10 Ike vs. Sigurd = Killing machine with 7 move vs. Killing machine with 9 move and canto.

FE9 Ike vs. Sigurd = IKE! STAY BACK!!! (IE Ike gets owned)

So Sigurd.

Although, I voted for Ike because WE LIKE IKE!!!