Yo Vykan! Do you or anyone else ever plan on doing a Hard Mode speed run on Radiant Dawn?

See Vykan's videos and check the amount of manipulations he had to do in each chapter. Each segment had around a 1% chance of success. Now image doing all those segments together thanks to no battle-saving. Add harder enemies and less BEXP to that. I think you get what I'm trying to say.

Edited by Krad

It would have to be done the old-fashioned way. In other words, imperfect strategies that could have been done faster, but don't require unrealistic amounts of luck. Plus, there is a battle save trick that involves suspending and copying onto a different memory card or something. Though that would be as tedious as hell.

Edited by Kinata

@Krad: Without battle saves, I'd just change the strategies to be far less RNG dependent. For example, instead of Sothe critkilling an armor, he'd just take 2 rounds to kill said enemy.

Though, if I really wanted to speedrun hard mode, I'd battle save anyway by using an SD card since that allows you to use suspended data as much as you want albeit being a huge hassle. The way I see it, speedrunning hard mode doesn't offer a radically different viewing experience than normal mode does. The only major changes are not being able to BEXP characters like Tauroneo and Elincia, but that just means losing turns to have already established units carry more of the fighting load. Considering how time consuming it is to speedrun in general, I'm definitely not up to it :( Sorry Fionorde Quester.