FE 11 $10 at walmart?

And there goes my hope that this is the FE game that will put the series out of its niche ...

How much do the other FE games cost in comparison?

In the Netherlands FE9 & 10 are both around €50,00 (around $65,00)

much too expensive for me, bought FE10, FE9 will have to wait...

And there goes my hope that this is the FE game that will put the series out of its niche ...

How much do the other FE games cost in comparison?

What are you talking about? FE hasn't been a niche since FE7 came out.

In any case, it's Wal-mart, which is known for low prices. Looking at Gamestop's site (known for its overpriced bullshit, being so popular and all) it's 30 bucks. Normal for a DS game.

What are you talking about? FE hasn't been a niche since FE7 came out.

Because FE discussion on non-FE specific sites is so thriving and there ever was a FE game that sold millions, right?

Edited by Ike-Mike

The thing is a price decline also means a decline in a product's value.

It shows that people aren't satisfied by the game so Nintendo tries to desperately increase sales by putting the price down to a level that consumers might buy it.

Ah, the vagaries of capitalism. In a proper planned economy where the game's value was appreciated, the price would be fixed at 300 dollars! It's too bad that it still wouldn't sell well.

I for one am glad to see it cheaper, that means that more people are likely to pick it up on impulse. Nobody lacks "the intelligence necessary to appreciate" Fire Emblem, none of the games are that difficult or complicated. It's just that they have never been heavily marketed and they probably won't be until one of them sells fantastically despite itself. That's why I never had high hopes for this game, sales-wise. It also won't get the great brand recognition other series have until then.

There is one thing that Fire Emblem has managed to do that my other favorite video game series, Dragon Quest, can never get right, and that's market itself just as well abroad as in Japan. Because of that its sales potential is much greater than a lot of series with comparable Japanese sales if it does get a blockbuster someday.

The thing is a price decline also means a decline in a product's value.

It shows that people aren't satisfied by the game so Nintendo tries to desperately increase sales by putting the price down to a level that consumers might buy it.

Uhh no, what it means is that they've gotten most of the people who would be willing to pay the higher price to do that, and now they are moving in for the cheapskates. The cost of development is sunk, they are just expanding their sales to the extent that's reasonably possible/profitable. FWIW, Shadow Dragon has sold pretty well up to this point, in terms of Fire Emblem games. That's gotta be a win for Intelligent Systems, since they just polished up a game that they've already remade before.

If Marth's name wasn't enough to sell this game to the SSB crowd, nothing will be, in my opinion.

Unless they're simply uneducated enough to believe that Roy is also in it... but I thought that meme died a long time ago.

Well, if I remember correctly, FE11 is usually around 25$ , and FE10 isn't available anywhere. I think they stopped making it here. FE9 is hard to find because its GC

btw this is in Virginia

Edited by Core