Tana - Your opinion

55 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Tana?

• Tana is a beast. One of the best units in the game.
    • Tana can be useful. I train her sometimes.
    • Tana is useless. I prefer to train Vanessa/Cormag instead.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how is she not

She is faster and could perform the pierce

She also has a higher STR, SPD and SKL

Wyvern knight has higher caps,but caps are lol,it also has more Con,but Tana isn;t worried about not doubling.

Falcoknight gets +1 Def on promotion over Wyvern,and get's swords for +2 Def and 30 Avo against Axes compared to Wyvern.

Pierce is unreliable and unneccesary, and Defense > Offense when enemies are as easy to kill as FE8 enemies,so Falcoknight!Tana > Wyvernknight!Tana.

Cant really compare her in such an easy game

The axe units cant touch her

They can when she has WTD,which always happens when she's a Wyvern Knight.And since Axe enemies have the most Att,AKA they are the most dangerous when they hit,a 30 Avo advantage can;t just be written off.

So your argument is that Wyvern Knight Tana > Falcoknight Tana... because the game is easy?

Sorry, come again?

Axe users in chapter 19 are getting a good 110-120 hit against Tanas 70 avoid. That's about 40-50 hit, which is 25-35 with WTA (Falcoknight) or 55-65 with WTD (Wyvern Knight). Tana has about 11 DEF and 37 HP at this point as a WK, so is 3HKOed by enemies with 23 mt (+WTA), which the axe users easily have. She's 2HKOed by 29 mt, which I'm fairly sure quite a few have. Compare to FK, with 39 HP and 12 DEF, who needs 26mt (-WTD) to 2HKO (fairly common) or 33 to 3HKO (rare if any), plus they're only hitting about 1 in 10 anyway. So yeah, axe users are a threat without a sword.

So your argument is that Wyvern Knight Tana > Falcoknight Tana... because the game is easy?

Sorry, come again?

Axe users in chapter 19 are getting a good 110-120 hit against Tanas 70 avoid. That's about 40-50 hit, which is 25-35 with WTA (Falcoknight) or 55-65 with WTD (Wyvern Knight). Tana has about 11 DEF and 37 HP at this point as a WK, so is 3HKOed by enemies with 23 mt (+WTA), which the axe users easily have. She's 2HKOed by 29 mt, which I'm fairly sure quite a few have. Compare to FK, with 39 HP and 12 DEF, who needs 26mt (-WTD) to 2HKO (fairly common) or 33 to 3HKO (rare if any), plus they're only hitting about 1 in 10 anyway. So yeah, axe users are a threat without a sword.

Using a sword has unpleasant effects on Tana's offense. Remember that Tana starts with an E, so she needs to work her way up from Iron, which is pathetically weak. Even after that, all she has is Steel, which cuts Tana's speed, and thus her avoid, and even then I don't know how reliable her offense is with it. C19 is a hodgepodge of many different enemy types, with a wide variety of weapon types, so with a Steel Sword you're cutting her avoid against everything by 8 just so she can boost her avoid against Warriors and the occasional Great Knight. This includes Rangers, Paladins, Mage Knights, and Swordmasters.

She could have C Swords and carry a Killing Edge, but I don't know how likely that is... I'd rather have her carry a Javelin as a WK (cuts her speed, but might deter ranged attackers) or Vidofnir for the +5DEF.

Sorry, come again?

I havent played the game in a while

Chapter 19 had the cyclops if my memory serves me well

They cant hit for shit

What i was saying is you dont need WTA when the opponent has 0 percent of hitting you anyway

They had around 14 Skill IIRC...they CAN hit...but if your Tana was trained she could dodge decently because of high Spd and Luck.

The problem is that they have over 60 HP and high Def.

Javelins are godly weapons.

That being said, leveling Tana with Javelins + help from other units isn't all that difficult at all. She's great all the times I've used her. Lots of green shiny things on her page by the later levels. Very useful as well.

Not to mention I hardly use Vanessa except for rescues and villages, so she's actually at a equal or lower level when we get her.

... Because I'm too busy leveling Franz into the next Seth. (shame his defense never comes out as good as Seth's)

And because Tana's growths are better than Vanessa's in most aspects I choose to use her. Just a personal preference, though.

Tana did become my super mobile tank/magekiller, though. Especially after the acquisition of the Fili Shield.

Vanessa's by no means bad after I leveled her in CC. But there are some areas that are just lacking (don't remember which. Defense is one of them), compared to Tana's more well-rounded stats.

(Though, Eirika/Joshua/Marisa/All three combined is sufficient enough to take on Cyclopses with Killing Edge or two-turn iron sword. I prefer to let Tana Javelin/Spear Riev in CH20 and rescue Myrrh after she's done with Morva)

Javelins are godly weapons.

That being said, leveling Tana with Javelins + help from other units isn't all that difficult at all.

Lolwhat!? Of course they aren't! They are easily surpassedby Spears and Short Spears.

Lots of green shiny things on her page by the later levels.

That's a stat-junkey right there :/

Tana did become my super mobile tank/magekiller, though. Especially after the acquisition of the Fili Shield.

Vanessa's by no means bad after I leveled her in CC. But there are some areas that are just lacking (don't remember which. Defense is one of them), compared to Tana's more well-rounded stats.

(Though, Eirika/Joshua/Marisa/All three combined is sufficient enough to take on Cyclopses with Killing Edge or two-turn iron sword. I prefer to let Tana Javelin/Spear Riev in CH20 and rescue Myrrh after she's done with Morva)

Despite being n opinion...personal experience means nothing, her Def is average.

Javelins are cheap and available.

I'm a cheap person. I haven't bought anything besides iron weapons and base tomes for the longest time in SS. Except killing edges for swordmasters.

Spears are too expensive. Javelins do enough damage for me already. Spears can overkill sometimes, and I save them for bosses if necessary. For normal level-grinding purposes Javelins>Spears. For bosses obviously Spears win out.

I do realize personal experience means nothing, because my DS knows how much I love Seth and gives him extra Def points every time I play. But since every time I use Tana she maxes multiple fields, that guarantees a spot on my personal team.

Plus, the nice Def is pretty consistent on my multiple playthroughs. Except that one time I made her WK instead of FK to play around with promotions.

Especially the people I was training to be tanks barring Cormag, Gerik, and Seth sometimes may get Def screwed. *Glares at Amelia*

Considering how easy the SS enemies are, Tana's Def is good enough already to tank. Plus in CH17 I had her Javelin the entirety of those Druid reinforcements. It was nice.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Tana is quite good. She has Spd, but not much Str. Vanessa > Tana. But Tana always goes into the final when I play the game. Weird eh?

Supports (What I usually do)

Ephraim x Tana.

Eirika x Seth

Innes x Vanessa.

Don't really know that it's good, though.

Yup.

It helps that she can rush to get to Gerik & Innes.

That actually hurts, because it triggers Marisa and her friends, and recruiting Marisa triggers a bunch of flying and mounted reinforcements. You are best off letting Gerik and Innes deal with their initial enemies in NPC state (they'll have no trouble with those soldiers), while clearing out the enemies towards the east. Then when that's died down, get Eirika or Tana over there to do a recruitment chain, get Gerik to Marisa somehow if you want to recruit her (I recommend murdering her because it's so much easier) and then just finish the chapter.