Help with PSP homebrew

luigi bros

I downloaded an SNES emulator for the PSP but it says it's corrupted. I think it's because I have version 6.20. The only way I know of getting it to work is to downgrade but I really don't want to do that. So does anybody know of a way that I can use it without a downgrade?

To the extent of my knowledge (which isn't necessarily up to date), if you have a PSP 3000 or a PSP Go with official 6.20 firmware, there are currently no means by which you can run a home-brew emulator on the machine. If you have a PSP 1000 or a PSP 2000, you have to downgrade and either flash custom firmware (I flashed from 5.03, but I'm pretty sure there's a custom firmware that can be flashed from 5.50) or use an exploit like ChickHEN (5.03 is fine for this as well) if you wish to run an emulator. If none of these options are attractive to you, then you are, at least for now, out of luck.

The ChickHEN exploit can be used on the PSP 3000 (and 2000) only if it is running 5.03 firmware. I don't know if there are similar exploits for firmware later than 5.03, but from what I've gleaned from spending two minutes on relevant websites, there appears to be no means by which one can run an emulator on a PSP 3000 with 6.20 firmware. This is because, currently, the PSP 3000 cannot be downgraded from 6.20, and there are not yet any useful published exploits which permit the execution of unsigned code on said firmware.

Edit (2010.02.27): Obviously, this may change in the near future.

Edited by Wist