Things that made you say, "What were you thinking IS?"

Deliriyum

Oh yeah, and you need to SUCK at the game to access the Gaidens... I mean COME ON!?

killing off shit like Vyland actually makes you a better player imo.

Then again, i think 'keep everyone alive' playthroughs are bullshit. Fe5 and 3 being the exceptions

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would've liked if Micaiah were much less cherished, not that I dislike her Mary Sueness, I just dislike it how many people get to praise her and all. It makes me feel jealous.

Y'know, the whole canon pairings for RD makes me wonder if they're planning a 2nd Gen game...

Probably not. It isn't stated that any of the pairings had children except for Naesala/Leanne. Of course, that doesn't mean no one else had children, but if there was going to be a second gen game, we'd have probably been told about the other children.

Edited by Eternal Bond

Oh yeah, and you need to SUCK at the game to access the Gaidens... I mean COME ON!?

Finding creative ways to kill Roshea is half the fun, man.

On topic, what was IS thinking when enemies in FE5 can strip your units off their entire equipment the same turn they capture them. The first thing that comes to my mind when thinking about "The Computer is a cheating bastard" is this.

A lot of these have that type of thing. In fe9 the enemy units with Canto could switch their weapons after attacking as long as they had move remaining. If I wanted to steal a specific weapon that they normally equip for enemy phase (like, say if it has a bow and a special sword and I want the sword) then I have to make it use all its range to reach my 1-range weapon holder and attack with the bow otherwise it will just equip the sword for enemy phase after attacking with the bow. At least in fe4 our canto units could also switch weapons after attacking.

Fe4 leads me to another point. All enemies, boss or not, can always counter with whatever weapon is best for them. It doesn't really matter if they just attacked something on enemy phase with their 3-10 range tome. If they have a 1-2 range weapon, even if they don't have canto, then if I attack it at 1 range it will counter. If it has a sword and a bow then attack at 2 range and you face the bow, attack at 1 range and you face the sword. But if I have Ayra with a thunder sword and a silver blade equipped and something attacks her at 2 range on enemy phase, do you think she counters with the thunder sword? Of course not.

Basically, the fe series has more than 1 example of things the computer can do that we can't.

Probably not. It isn't stated that any of the pairings had children except for Naesala/Leanne. Of course, that doesn't mean no one else had children, but if there was going to be a second gen game, we'd have probably been told about the other children.

I really hope not...I really hope they don't ruin it with ANOTHER one of th Tellius series. :facepalm:

I hate it when fans get that delusional...it's annoying.

Wasn't RD rushed? That's a more realistic reason for the failendings it had.

As well as the plotholes and the BK's identity reveal, and Micaiah being less of an escapist character among other things, right?

Wasn't RD rushed? That's a more realistic reason for the failendings it had.

PoR was the rushed game, not RD.

Which makes me wonder even more that it has many more flaws than its rushed predecessor.

Are you really expecting decent writing in a video game?

Considering the games are heavily character driven? Yes. Great stories in video games have been done before, and there's no reason why IS couldn't have done it for FE. Granted, I'm not seeing a video game matching Shakespeare any time soon, but a half decent story isn't too much to ask for.

On Topic: It's been stated before, but things like Lyre and Fiona make me go "WTF?". Really, they couldn't have spent a few hours to check the balance of units? Not to mention the Dawn Brigade chapters being harder then the rest of the game. Not to mention the story feels really rushed. Each character gets a few lines of screen time except for a handful, no real supports so you get little characterization, a laundry list of filler chapters that ruin what flow the story has (which in their defense are actually pretty fun and creative), and the bad execution of things like the Black Knight's identity.

One thing I find depressing is how IS cut the A rank supports. Having generic C and B rank supports but a special A rank would have been more rewarding and gives a reason to support characters beyond 'lolEarth'.

Edited by UserShadow7989

Considering the games are heavily character driven? Yes. Great stories in video games have been done before, and there's no reason why IS couldn't have done it for FE. Granted, I'm not seeing a video game matching Shakespeare any time soon, but a half decent story isn't too much to ask for.

On Topic: It's been stated before, but things like Lyre and Fiona make me go "WTF?". Really, they couldn't have spent a few hours to check the balance of units? Not to mention the Dawn Brigade chapters being harder then the rest of the game. Not to mention the story feels really rushed. Each character gets a few lines of screen time except for a handful, no real supports so you get little characterization, a laundry list of filler chapters that ruin what flow the story has (which in their defense are actually pretty fun and creative), and the bad execution of things like the Black Knight's identity.

One thing I find depressing is how IS cut the A rank supports. Having generic C and B rank supports but a special A rank would have been more rewarding and gives a reason to support characters beyond 'lolEarth'.

or give certain chars support convos :S (like they were planning to do but scratched it).

We want character depth darnit

Edited by Mister Cold

I don't want to be showered with narrative that takes my control from playing the game away either, which RD was short of doing so.

Also the character-driven part only really came with FE4 into action and note how quickly they decided to scrap it for FE5.

Fe4 leads me to another point. All enemies, boss or not, can always counter with whatever weapon is best for them. It doesn't really matter if they just attacked something on enemy phase with their 3-10 range tome. If they have a 1-2 range weapon, even if they don't have canto, then if I attack it at 1 range it will counter. If it has a sword and a bow then attack at 2 range and you face the bow, attack at 1 range and you face the sword. But if I have Ayra with a thunder sword and a silver blade equipped and something attacks her at 2 range on enemy phase, do you think she counters with the thunder sword? Of course not.

Back when RD just came out in Japan there were rumors flying around that there would be a skill that allows that and that in hard mode all enemies would have that as an innate skill.

The vast majority of games have bad storlines, FE is no exception to this rule.

Also the character-driven part only really came with FE4 into action and note how quickly they decided to scrap it for FE5.

Character driven? How? Alvis was the only one you could say had a character that wasn't incredibly generic. FE4's story wasn't good because of the characters.

I can "forgive" many things IS had done. Except taking out maniac mode from path of radiance. That game really needs some real difficulty....

FE4-Not being able to trade items between characters, even lovers. I had to have Aira sell the Silver Blade to Holyn so that she doesn't hog all the good swords for Lakche and Skasaha gets nothing worth noting. Reason why my Lakche was overleveled since she's the only one with Hero Sword for the longest time since I can't let Skasaha use it without using more money than necessary.

FE6-RNG is rigged or something. Rutger and Fir getting repeatedly hit by axemen. At <15% hit. Unless FE7 is the first game to implement the 2-RN system...

FE4-Not being able to trade items between characters, even lovers. I had to have Aira sell the Silver Blade to Holyn so that she doesn't hog all the good swords for Lakche and Skasaha gets nothing worth noting. Reason why my Lakche was overleveled since she's the only one with Hero Sword for the longest time since I can't let Skasaha use it without using more money than necessary.

You know, considering the broken nature of some of the items in that game and the arena set-up, this really was the only way it could work.

Let's think about the arena.

Best Weapon it can use

Elite Ring

Str/Magic ring

Skill ring

Speed ring

Shield/Barrier Ring

Prayer/Pursuit Ring

Just think of how easy the arena is if you can send every single unit you have into the arena with that set-up, and just think of how quickly they would level. There are other issues with the idea of incorporating trade into fe4, but this is the most glaring example. Giving each unit the best weapon possible and Elite and +5 in every relevant (for each particular battle) stat and Pursuit (or Prayer if they naturally have Pursuit) is just crazy.

I suppose being able to trade between lovers would be somewhat reasonable, though. Sure, they'd be able to trade whatever rings they have between each other in preparation, but it's not like each unit could go in there with +5s in everything and elite and pursuit.

@Narga_Rocks: You have a point there. Though, I would assume at least lovers can trade weaponry and items, if they can trade money. With some it isn't necessary (LexAira for example, Aira can't use axes and Lex can't use Swords), but with pairings like HolynAira it would be helpful for the kids. Skasaha gets a good sword for once. Yay!

Though... now that I look at it, ShannonLakche would produce the most overpowered Lakche this way. BalmungLakche can probably solo the entire game especially if given Thief Ring.

@Narga_Rocks: You have a point there. Though, I would assume at least lovers can trade weaponry and items, if they can trade money. With some it isn't necessary (LexAira for example, Aira can't use axes and Lex can't use Swords), but with pairings like HolynAira it would be helpful for the kids. Skasaha gets a good sword for once. Yay!

Though... now that I look at it, ShannonLakche would produce the most overpowered Lakche this way. BalmungLakche can probably solo the entire game especially if given Thief Ring.

Yeah, that would be pretty funny. Her stats are better than his even with Holyn as her father (and I'd have an actual reason to pair Ayra with Holyn instead of Lex or Noishe). Still, you could resolve that by locking Holy Weapons on the user. Similar to Ragnell and Amiti in RD.

Aside from things like that, it would be nice if they let lovers alone trade stuff.

I liked HolynAira. At promotion Lakche already maxed STR, SPD, and SKL vs. Shannon not getting STR ups for a crapload of levels. Maybe I got lucky with the RNG or something. Skasaha did the same though he had WTF72HP (highest on my team) and near-maxed defense. Starlight activates far too often for either of them. I had Lakche wipe out an entire brigade of Dracoknights with a wind sword, which was pretty epic considering she has no mag. Lex's Ambush is nice though.

(Plus I like HolynAira from a pairing perspective rather than utility so I'm biased.)

Lakche's going to be overkill no matter what. Noish is usually underleveled for me though (Versus max level Holyn and max level Lex) so I don't use him because he'd mess up Aira's kids starting stats.

I also found it amusing how Great Knights and Axe Knights during the Endgame wouldn't attack either of them as they have 0 hit on them.

I'm tempted to try the glitch/hack/whatever on the next run just to see the effects of BalmungLakche.

They're called Saji and Maji in Japan. Unless those names mean something, they gave us the same idea when localizing it.