Rules on Necroposting

What's Necroposting. Also, this board is for correcting FE information on the site. The one above this is the one you should've posted this topic.

Necroposting (to my extent of the word) is when someone revives a topic that has been inactive for more than a month or so.

And yeah Logic, Knife's got you beat, it should be on questions. Someone move this stat

Ah, now I understand the term. But why should there be a rule against that? What if the topic existed before a user joined and the user never got to post anything on the topic?

I was surprised that Knife didn't know. But then again, I have no life and am always on the internet so of course I'd know. Anyways, I don't really care if someone necroposts as long as they don't revive a shitty topic.

I knew what it was, I didn't know the correct term for it, an YES I DO find it annoying. We've modded "it" before because they did that. By "it" I'm refferring to the user who keeps changing their name. Although it hasn't been active recently here.

This is why I've been closing old topics...

...so...is anyone going to agree with rules against necroposting? Because thats the purpose of this board <_<. For me I don't mind either way. The reason why I brought this up is because other FE boards have it and there aren't any reasons of why we should or should not have that rules about it. Plus, its kinda rather annoying to have here.

I avoid doing it myself out of habit, but if somebody has something to say on whatever, there's already a topic for it and they don't feel like making a new one for whatever reason, I have no real problem with it.

Sidenote: When does something become topic reviving? When it's a page back, when it hasn't been posted in for a week?

I was surprised that Knife didn't know. But then again, I have no life and am always on the internet so of course I'd know. Anyways, I don't really care if someone necroposts as long as they don't revive a shitty topic.

Well that's cause this is really the first forum I'm active in, so technically this is my first forum. And I'm not particularly smart anyway. Also I don't see why its annoying if someone revives an old topic, unless it's not a spam post.