65 members have voted

1. 1. The better swordsman is......

• Dieck
    • Rutger

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dieck. They're close, but I prefer units that I know I can rely on instead of hoping for a critical. Plus Dieck can wield just about anything for 0 AS loss. Although I may be a bit biased since Dieck's always gotten blessed for me.

Dick.

Rutger is the fail, just like most myrmen.

They didn't break the mold until FE8.

Except Guy, to a lesser extent. He's alright.

EDIT: Let it be said though, as mercs go Dick has a little bit of failure in him as compared to, say, RayRay or Gerik.

Edited by Integrity

I like them both. o3o Especially in their unstoppable support triangle with Clarine.

Dieck wins a little more for me, though, seeing that he's the best candidate for general killer because high STR+Amorslayer = win. Especially if said general two-ranges. Because then mages are in danger.

He also serves as a tank despite low-ish defense.

Fir is not hard to train though, since she comes in a chapter filled with axemen. She could easily reach above lv. 10 with it.

Although the massive amount of reinforcements really starts to kick in after Fir's recruitment. (I ended up soloing them with Rutger though. Dieck was overleveled by that point)

I used them all, actually. Swordmaster and Hero happens to be my favorite classes so more the better, but that's just me.

It was only until final chapter where I gotten it down to Dieck and Rutger because of overblessed Dieck and the support triangle that caused Rutger's crit to be over 100 with Wo Dao and everyone dodge shooting through the roof.

In terms of badass manliness? Dieck.

In terms of actually being good? Rutger. Dieck's good, but he's never retardedly broken like Rutger.

Edited by Saloma

Dieck. He isn't overrated! He is just were he belongs...

Rutger is great, but it's true when some say that he is critical-reliable, enemies like wyerns also have nice Def, sure, Rutger doubles, but I heard Def was an important stat here in HM, Rutger will constantly be facing WTD even upon promotion, at least Dieck has really good attack with a Steel Axe.

Oh yeah. Dieck on axes solos entire brigades of Wyvern knights and Paladins in about two or three turns, no healing necessary. WTA is beautiful.

I had him on Armads because I overleveled him anyway. No AS loss is win.

Rutger's better for soloing axemen as those have about 0 hit on him late game (I get hit by 20% pretty often, all the good RNG went to stats), but lategame there aren't that many axemen around.

(And I have a thing for all Ogma archetypes. o3o including Ogma himself. Manly, yet good looking, muscular men FTW. Rutger has the long hair advantage on Dieck though. I'm a sucker for long hair owo)

Spd>>>>>>>>Def.

Let's face it. Nobody even has a decent growth in def. They're all shit. They should at least make up for it being fast like Rutger. I don't remember how many wyrmslayers there are but Rutger can equip one and rip dragon lords to pieces. Dick throws a hand axe and stuff happens

Alan's Def is mediocre, Treck is the Defensive one but, unfortubately, lacks some Spd...but not much at all, with the many Speedwings here in FE6 it should be able to fix his problem and get Alan to have around the same AS as Lance.

Rutger,

for looks, the only male character I sometimes use as my pc background

for class, 'cause I think myrmidons rock!

for coming early enough to be easily trained (yes, I know. Dieck comes earlier)

for hard mode bonusses, always a good thing

for the name, honestly, I thought that name was only used here in the Netherlands (just like Karel)

for the awesomeness :awesome:

EDIT: and yes, Dieck rocks as well, just slightly less then Rutger

Edited by whase

Alan's Def is mediocre, Treck is the Defensive one but, unfortubately, lacks some Spd...but not much at all, with the many Speedwings here in FE6 it should be able to fix his problem and get Alan to have around the same AS as Lance.

Yeah, let us load everyone full of statboosters which appear in what? C21

I dont think anyones use's Treck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgfTPIK1k3I

I used him once and he gets decent speed, Enough to double

But then during the later chapter you have the bishops with the sleep staves

He will remain with his 0 RES

Yeah, let us load everyone full of statboosters which appear in what? C21

There is one in C16

Miledy's Def is nice.

Plus no terrain restrictions.

Though she doesn't get any avo bonuses from terrain. Oh well, there's still the Ellen-Zeiss supports. o3o

Sleep staves are annoying, but funds rank is much easier in FE6 than FE7 so just buy a crapload of Restores. You should have at least one Hi-res staff user who can use it. Clarine and Ellen are good choices. Saul might be too but I don't use him since Clarine has 7 movement (+Plus one of the most overpowered support triangles ever. Rutger gets a nice 25 Avo from it plus other stuff. and Dieck gets 20) and Ellen joins earliest.

Alan is also more attractive than Treck.

For HM, I think Dieck edges out Rutger by a bit. He gets Axes, which help a lot against Cavs / WKs / PKs, and Hand Axe gives him a 2-range option. Rutger wins pre-promotion, but Dieck wins post. Rutger's overkill offense only helps him against several enemies like Heroes, Nomad Troopers or Bosses, the rest Dieck can kill just as well, if not better due to Hand Axe.