Music Thread

BK-201

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it makes my ears bleed?!...

In all honesty, because I don't like it...I prefer the 90s/00s stuff, sounds better imho.

I call shenanigans

Reference/Joke check again...

But I really don't like the sound of 70s/80s stuff...

Not really a joke, it's just that I don't see why your dislike.

Not really a joke, it's just that I don't see why your dislike.

It's all about the music, I just don't like it. True, your rock and my rock have "common roots", but the sound of "nu-rock" is just better, I think.

Can't really explain it...

I wonder how long it will take until every guy here rises up and attempts to kill me...

Edited by Hatari

Shostakovitch is a beast, simply put. The Nose is pure win.

Oh snap. Midna's song was awesome. As was Hyrule Field, Hidden Village, Blizzeta Battle, Ganon Battle, Serenade of Water, etc.

You know Hidden Village is just pretty much a riff on the theme for

? It's an Ennio Morricone tribute.
I remember a LP of JJBA Golden Wind where they talked about this. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

You know you're old when you see LP and you think someones talking about a record. :(

Posting really good Canadian bands that are either slightly popular or unknown to the general public (probably the second). You guys should start listening to some of these bands/people. But I can't post most of them... If you want to hear some of them, just PM me or something like that.

Lies. The Band is the be all and end all of Canadian music. It just stopped after The Last Waltz.

If I showed you some really good glam rock stuff (I promise that I won't even go Motown on you), will you at least listen and give me your honest opinion?

How do Glam Rock and Motown have anything to do with each other?

I could always start posting R&B and pop stuff if you prefer. There is some good pussycat dolls stuff, or some She-Wolf or something like that.

I think we probably have different ideas about what R&B is. These songs mean nothing to you I presume:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuLleRTZywA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN4DHY_9gOs

Lies. The Band is the be all and end all of Canadian music. It just stopped after The Last Waltz.

How do Glam Rock and Motown have anything to do with each other?

Bull on The Band. They're great and all but Canadian music is not just them. Tragically Hip is the best Canadian band of all time and it's still here.

And Glam Rock doesn't have anything to do with Motown. I was just saying that I wouldn't even post 60's music for Hatari because she doesn't even listen to anything pre 90's and Glam is 70/80's. Like no Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross and The Supremes... You get what I'm saying.

And now for the greatest one hit wonder band of all time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amnjZtNDKqk&feature=fvw

How can you not like a band called Mott the Hoople with a song called All The Young Dudes?

About the R&B, yea, we have different definitions of that. I wouldn't say that mine is rap...I actually don't like pure rap...but mine is shall we say popular R&B. Usher was the artist for R&B back in the day for me, as was kevin lyttle and a few others. Timbaland is awesome right now. I really like the songs he does with other artists. Usually, I don't like him, but that new stuff isn't bad.

Yes, Cap'n, the Timbaland song features Nickelback's singer, this is my favorite...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_Yajgm_Yb-c

Edited by Hatari

I refuse to listen to Chad Kroger. I refuse. My ex loves him while I hate his guts and think that the world would be better off without his singing. My personal opinion but hey, to each their own, right?

One of the greatest songs of all time. Disagree and I have to make you walk the plank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY5x8pF512k

I refuse to listen to Chad Kroger. I refuse. My ex loves him while I hate his guts and think that the world would be better off without his singing. My personal opinion but hey, to each their own, right?

One of the greatest songs of all time. Disagree and I have to make you walk the plank.

*Walks plank* Good thing I like to swim :P.

Bull on The Band. They're great and all but Canadian music is not just them. Tragically Hip is the best Canadian band of all time and it's still here.

The Band was the sum total of all Candian musical talent ever: in one fell swoop it drained the entire Canadian strategic Musical reserve for the rest of eternity. There's a good reason Neil Young jumped ship, you know.

And Glam Rock doesn't have anything to do with Motown. I was just saying that I wouldn't even post 60's music for Hatari because she doesn't even listen to anything pre 90's and Glam is 70/80's. Like no Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross and The Supremes... You get what I'm saying.

Yeah, I dig. But I'm really a Stax/Atlantic man myself, though, if you couldn't already tell.

About the R&B, yea, we have different definitions of that. I wouldn't say that mine is rap...I actually don't like pure rap...but mine is shall we say popular R&B.

Contemporary RnB is usually the term applied to it.

Edited by Le Communard

The Band was the sum total of all Candian musical talent ever: in one fell swoop it drained the entire Canadian strategic Musical reserve for the rest of eternity. There's a good reason Neil Young jumped ship, you know.

What about the Hip?

OK, Hatari, Enjo. I gave up. I'm sorry. *sighs*

Dju vui vay

Yu doi my

Dju vui vay

Vao nyay moy

I can't figure out what that means. But... I figured what " Vao nyay moy " means, it means "In a new day" (or something, I tried my best)

OK, Hatari, Enjo. I gave up. I'm sorry. *sighs*

I can't figure out what that means. But... I figured what " Vao nyay moy " means, it means "In a new day" (or something, I tried my best)

Awww, thanks for trying then amelia...I'll see if I can run a translator or something.

But is it Vietnamese or Japanese?

Edited by Hatari

Brown bear is Josh Winstead (singer and guitar) and the grey one is Joules Scott Key (drums). They're also both part of Metric (my favourite band) even though this is one of their side projects. I swear that Josh should sing more, he has a fantastic voice.

EDIT: I'm actually going to see them live in concert again on the 14th of April. Can't wait! Edited by Admiral Lifey Crunch