The Official Turn A Gundam 10th Anniversary Topic

It has been officially 10 years to the day that Turn A Gundam finished it's initial japanese run. The Series, which was the last Tomino-Directed Gundam series, was made to tie all previous series together into a single timeline. It's also the first Gundam series to have a black main character, in the form of Loran Cehack. We should celebrate this momentous occasion with a great topic about this amazing work of art.

And for those who don't believe me, behold, Loran Cehack!

2ryfu3k.jpg

ah, that explains it...any good??

Oh, it's VERY good. It's much more story-centered than other Gundam series, though, and many people did not like Syd Mead's mobile suit designs, but it's story is hailed as being one of, if not the, best story in the Gundam mythos.

Hmm, interesting...so it's not a giant mecha fight series...

Will research and see if I can find a stream of it. Youtube FTW.

There are Mobile Suits in the series. They just don't show up nearly as often as in other series.

In fact, from what I remember, there's only three mobile suit battles in the first ten episodes. However, the mobile suit battles that are shown are very well done.

so it's a quality over quantity type of thing...

focused on Gundams being the elite suit (like wing) or gundam is the norm (like 08th/g-gundam?)

personally, I think 08th was one of the best I've seen in terms of plot, it matched reality very well.

Though, wing will always be a favorite, because it was the first anime I ever watched.

Edited by Hatari

so it's a quality over quantity type of thing...

focused on Gundams being the elite suit (like wing) or gundam is the norm (like 08th/g-gundam?)

personally, I think 08th was one of the best I've seen in terms of plot, it matched reality very well.

Though, wing will always be a favorite, because it was the first anime I ever watched.

It's more like Wing, but not. Unlike Wing, the Turn A isn't a Super-God, since (most of) its weapons have

Disintegrated from centuries to millenia of age

. However, it certainly isn't a Grunt unit, and when

Moonlight Butterfly is activated

, it becames the most powerful Gundam in the Gundam Mythos.