Hell yes.

Florete

Good luck to whoever's doing Kotomi, they'll fucking need it. 8]

She's a newbie.

And the rest of the cast was already announced but I forgot to post it (lol who cares anyway) and am too lazy to do it now. I may copy it all into the first post later.

Sunohara's voice is terrible. Though it is practically impossible to beat his Japanese seiyuu,Sakaguchi Daisuke, guy's a baller.

Nagisa's voice is at least better than her Japanese one, I felt the original was one pitch too high.

Also, the way they refer to their respective Japanese names is annoying.

Not used to dubs, surry :(

Sunohara's voice is terrible. Though it is practically impossible to beat his Japanese seiyuu,Sakaguchi Daisuke, guy's a baller.

Nagisa's voice is at least better than her Japanese one, I felt the original was one pitch too high.

Also, the way they refer to their respective Japanese names is annoying.

Not used to dubs, surry :(

I thought Greg Ayres as Sunohara was one of the best things about it, but I guess that's just me. He often plays characters like Sunohara.

I thought Greg Ayres as Sunohara was one of the best things about it, but I guess that's just me. He often plays characters like Sunohara.

He wasn't bad per se, but relative to his Japanese counterpart. Sakaguchi Daisuke also do a lot of characters like Sunohara, like Yamazaki from Welcome to the NHK and Shimura from Gintama. One of my favorite male seiyuus.

On second thought, Ayres was probably one of the better english voice actors, captured Sunohara's spirit, though the pitch itself was a little too high.

I don't know how much you follow English VAs, but I'm an avid seiyuu follower :P

He wasn't bad per se, but relative to his Japanese counterpart. Sakaguchi Daisuke also do a lot of characters like Sunohara, like Yamazaki from Welcome to the NHK and Shimura from Gintama. One of my favorite male seiyuus.

Well, I don't compare English VA's to the Japanese counterparts because I don't feel that's accurate; Greg Ayres isn't supposed to be portraying Sakaguchi Daisuke, he's supposed to be portraying Youhei Sunohara. I also don't know much Japanese so I never know if they're even Doing It Right in the first place.

And Ayres also does Yamazaki. I thought that was pretty awesome as well.

I don't know how much you follow English VAs, but I'm an avid seiyuu follower :P

To the point where I often know characters better by their VA than their own name. Like for Azumanga Daioh, it usually isn't "Yukari" or "Nyamo" but "Luci Christian's character" or "Monica Rial's character." (And yes, I had to look up those character's names just now)

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

To the point where I often know characters better by their VA than their own name. Like for Azumanga Daioh, it usually isn't "Yukari" or "Nyamo" but "Luci Christian's character" or "Monica Rial's character." (And yes, I had to look up those character's names just now)

I never forgot Yukari's name. Even though it's been at least a year since I last watched Azumanga Daioh. I must have enjoyed it a little too much.

Well, I don't compare English VA's to the Japanese counterparts because I don't feel that's accurate; Greg Ayres isn't supposed to be portraying Sakaguchi Daisuke, he's supposed to be portraying Youhei Sunohara. I also don't know much Japanese so I never know if they're even Doing It Right in the first place.

And Ayres also does Yamazaki. I thought that was pretty awesome as well.

Interesting about Ayres and Yamazaki, and you got a point, Ayres shouldn't copy Sakaguchi. Though Sakaguchi still gets Sunohara better imo.

Well I still refer to the character's by their names, though I still maintain that I'm one of the biggest seiyuu fanatics that I know...

Interesting about Ayres and Yamazaki, and you got a point, Ayres shouldn't copy Sakaguchi. Though Sakaguchi still gets Sunohara better imo.

Iono man, Ayres felt dead-on in that role for me (Possibly helped by the fact that he also did Kitagawa in Kanon, who's like the same character, and I own that and have watched it twice), and I occasionally felt like Sakaguchi sounded a bit too...goofy? Bloated perhaps?

To each his own, I suppose. I'd never say I didn't like Sakaguchi's performance.

Well I still refer to the character's by their names, though I still maintain that I'm one of the biggest seiyuu fanatics that I know...

I'm probably the biggest English VA fanatic you'll ever meet, and I don't even consider myself a fanatic, just a normal fan. I mean, how many people on this board are going to recognize any of this cast other than myself and my brother (who rarely even lurks here anymore)?