FE4 50-kill weapons

chrysalid

I've been screwing around (plenty of savestates and cheats) to explore how I'll try a logged ranked FE4 run (including doing the horrible 3-losses-rank, without savestates, which is probably going to kill me in the 40-ish turn chapters), but I forgot about 50-kill weapons unlocking critical so I've been doing stuff like using iron weapons for crap enemies and I ended up without a single 50 kill weapon by Epilogue.

If you're really trying, how many and which weapons is it feasible to hit 50-kills with by, say, the beginning of Gen 2? Well, at least trying within what going for the XP rank will allow - no letting Sigurd solo maps. Also, how many by about chapter 9 when people start promoting and getting sick SKL?

I was thinking that if it's only one or two it might convince me to make Noish a parent despite his growth contributions. It feels like there are a lot of characters that aren't getting enough out of near-capped SKL in the late chapters when every enemy has 60-some HP.

Hero Axe is right out in a ranked run, Lex caps XP off chipping and the arena. Holsety too since Levin staff abuses from promotion to 30. I was thinking the hero sword and the lance, Levin's Elwind passed to Azel after both promote (probably not even close really) and maybe a slim sword or steel sword from feeding kills to unpromoted Arden/Noish/Alec/Beo but I really have no frame of reference.

Trust me, don't worry about it. It's one of the least of your concerns in a ranked run. Even my Celice's Silver Sword only had 35 kills on it at the start of the second generation. You don't need criticals from a weapon in the least at any point, and when you do need a critical for whatever reason, use an effective weapon. Or a legendary one, works out the same, and pretty much all weilders of them (except Celice and some Favals) have some sort of proc% chance anyway: Levin!man, Altenna, and Aless all have critical (Aless through weapon, but still), and Shannan has Meteor Sword.

Really Gen 2 in general seems like it is nothing to worry about (aside from the losses rank) with all the overpowered kids and inherited loot, but I'm asking just to know. I noticed that my BeoDelmud wasn't able to kill anything with his capped strength and hero sword without getting counterchipped, and looking at the calculations page I was annoyed that I hadn't juiced the hero sword up given the +7 skill he gets on promotion which is doing almost nothing for a 100 accuracy sword.