Patching help

Squidorsky

Well as the title says i really need help with this!

I have patched translation ips files and hack ips files numerous times but suddenly it's no longer working!

I have tried soft patching and hard patching but nothing seems to work...

I'm trying to currently patch fire emblem seisen no keifu roms a simple patch i found that simply replaces the portrait of fe4 characters with portraits styled like FE5. yet no matter what rom i try it on, or what method i have of patching it does not work at all! What's really frustrating about this is that i have patched FE4 NUMEROUS times yet it's not working.

Currently i'm using zsnes as my emulator, a clean japanese FE4 rom, and ipswin as my patching tool.

If any one knows how to help then please please please speak up!

Thanks,

-Hyrulian man-

Well as the title says i really need help with this!

I have patched translation ips files and hack ips files numerous times but suddenly it's no longer working!

I have tried soft patching and hard patching but nothing seems to work...

I'm trying to currently patch fire emblem seisen no keifu roms a simple patch i found that simply replaces the portrait of fe4 characters with portraits styled like FE5. yet no matter what rom i try it on, or what method i have of patching it does not work at all! What's really frustrating about this is that i have patched FE4 NUMEROUS times yet it's not working.

Currently i'm using zsnes as my emulator, a clean japanese FE4 rom, and ipswin as my patching tool.

If any one knows how to help then please please please speak up!

Thanks,

-Hyrulian man-

Have you checked the header?

Well no, i don't know how to do that...Could you:

Either send me a fixed version (By this i mean one with a good header) of a fire emblem seisen no keifu rom? ( Via Pm)

Or explain to me how to do it.

(I'd prefer the first option as i'm no good with hex editing a junk...but it's up to you.)

This makes no sense because in the past i've used this same method to patch the very same rom with the very same ips file and it worked yet now it's not...I'm throughly frustrated as you might be able to imagine...

Well...I'm going to bed before i throw the computer through the wall...)

EDIT: Ugh...i feel like an idiot...It was my rom the whole time. I found a better rom and it instantly worked...Well all's well that ends well i suppose!

Thanks camtech for at least trying to help me out ( Unfortunately you can't help my own stupidity...)

Later everyone

-Hyrulian man-

Edited by Hyrulian man