FE9 Mafia Round 2 signups

Tables

In a town on the Crimea-Daein border, the normal feuding between Crimeans and Daeiners isn't found, instead replaced with a thriving community of mixed nationality citizens. But with the Crimea Dons and Daein Massive both stirring things up in the town, can the peace hold? Luckily both Crimean and Daein monarchs have dispatched soldiers and agents to the town, up to date at fighting their respective scum group...

This game would feature 2 Mafia teams as mentioned above. The Crimean Dons are an organised mafia family, who have moved into the area. The Daein Massive are just a small time gang, however, they have a strong presence on the Crimean Border where they often cause trouble.

The list of potential roles that will be in the game is shown below (by potential, I mean that not all of these will be used unless I somehow get about 30 people sign up):

Crimea Dons - Godfather: Appears innocent to investigation

Crimea Dons - Framer: Frames one person, making them appear guilty to investigators

Crimea Dons - Silencer: Silence one player. They cannot talk or send/reply to PMs.

Crimea Dons - Disguiser: Disguises as another player.

Crimea Dons - Mafioso: Standard Don role

The Crimea Dons seem to have a loose theme of misinformation. They can twist and turn the detective reports how they want with various roles, and stop other players talking and perhaps outing the information they have.

Daein Massive - Hooker: Seduce one player, preventing them from performing their role

Daein Massive - Janitor: Hide one players body. Can be done only twice per game

Daein Massive - Stalker: Follow one player, finding out their role.

Daein Massive - Gangster: Standard Massive role

The Daein Massive are about Fakeclaiming. With a Janitor it's easy to set someone up as a fake role, and the Stalker can allow for cunning fakeclaims against people. Then the Hooker merely compliments the set of messing with roles.

Crimean - Detective: Investigates someone. Gets an innocent result from most Daein Massive (guilty from the Gangster(s))

Crimean - Bishop: Save one citizen from Crimean Dons attacks

Crimean - Vigilante: Kill one citizen every night. Max twice.

Crimean - Tracker: Follow one player. Find out who they visit.

Daeiner - Cop: Investigates someone. Gets an innocent result from most Crimean Dons (Guilty from Mafioso)

Daeiner - Priest: Save one citizen from Daein Massive attacks

Daeiner - Wyvern Rider: Switch Two players places at night.

Daeiner - Watcher: Watch one player. Find out who visits them.

These are the nationality based roles. Being the respective country is purely aesthetic, and is based on who sent the role or what side they find themselves aligned with. The Detective and Cop work together, and get each other's reports, but don't know the other's identity. Similarly for the Bishop and Priest, they know who the other person protected.

Mixed Nationality - General: Heavily Armoured. Survives one night kill.

Mixed Nationality - Druid: Channel a dead player, allowing them to talk for a day phase. They cannot vote.

Mixed Nationality - Sage: Reveal another players role if the Sage is killed.

Mixed Nationality - Mayor: Known Innocent. Cannot be lynched.

Mixed Nationality - Amnesiac: Forgot his role. Can take the role of someone who has died.

Mixed Nationality - Townie: A member of the town with no special abilities.

These are just various roles that can work. Some are new here, some are old, and Townies is a role I guarantee will be in play :newyears:.

Please bold your name when you sign up (don't worry if you think you'll change your name or drop out before the game starts, we'll deal with that when it comes). Also, I'm not going to enforce a time limit on day/night this time. Ideally, I'd like at least 20 signups so we can have 3 mafioso in both families.

Signups so far:

Fayt

General Spoon

Lightning

Hikarusa

Dracohon

Ulki

Ether

WeaponsOfMassConstruction

Bizz

The Dragonslayer

BK-201

Rhythm

Mikethfc

Life

Crysta

Ninji

JB25

Total so far: 17

Edited by I Eat Tables

Fayt thoroughly enjoys the first version... :)

He wants to see FE9-2 though.

Oh, and he's considering doing a class-mafia as well. Consider the defector role to be a playtest of it.

Edited by Fayt Zelpher

The third option came out incorrectly, as you may have noticed. Yeah, I've seen defector type roles before and that was kinda the inspiration, but my initial idea had 4 classes and needed about 27 people just to play :awesome:.

Fayt, if you want to do a Class based game, I can send you my initial thoughts on role distribution (I planned everything out, for any number of players between 17-30 :P).

In fact, might as well post it here. Formatting is argh since I CBA to fix it (copy paste from Excel):

Class C	Class B	Class A	Roles			
17	12	3	2	Detective	Investigator		
18	12	4	2	Detective	Doctor	Bulletproof	Surgeon
19	13	4	2	Detective	Doctor	Bulletproof	Surgeon
20	14	4	2	Detective	Doctor	Surgeon	
21	15	4	2	Detective	Surgeon		
22	15	5	2	Detective	Doctor	Bulletproof	
23	16	5	2	Detective	Bulletproof		
24	17	5	2	Detective	Doctor		
25	18	5	2	Detective	Surgeon		
26	18	6	2	Detective	Doctor	Bulletproof	Hunter
27	19	6	2	Detective	Bulletproof	Hunter	
28	20	6	2	Detective	Doctor	Hunter	
29	20	6	3	Detective	Doctor	Bulletproof	Surgeon
30	21	6	3	Detective	Doctor	Surgeon	

Fayt, if you want to do a Class based game, I can send you my initial thoughts on role distribution (I planned everything out, for any number of players between 17-30 :P).

Yeah, I'm interested. Probably some time around the middle of June is when I'll do it. While I appreciate your input, I generally like more power roles than what you had listed, but I'd prefer to go over this in PM so it doesn't crowd out the signups.

Closed the poll and deleted the class mafia idea, Fayt and I have created a balanced one that he's going to run. I'm going ahead with the FE9 Mafia game.

• 2 weeks later...

When is this going to take place roughly as Mikethfc is up for it however I'm probably going to be borderline inactive for the last week of May til the 13th of June with AS but if that isn't a problem I'd like to join