Tournament ahead!

It's Groner's online tournament!

Date: Not decided

Place: In your house

Anwser for entry!

Rules:

Clause # 1 (map 3 clause)

Map three will be banned in entirety.

Reason: It provides to much advantage to player 1. Player one may bock cell holes or possible the gaps connecting to other segments of map that will always result in a considerably favorable advantage for player 1.

Clause #2 (first turn attacking)

Player one may not attack on turn one.

Reason: on maps 1,2 its possible to strike player 2 and kill 2 of their units before a retaliation may occur this setting a 5-3 lead making it extremely difficult for player 2 to win

Clause #3 (stall prevention)

time will be set to 3 minutes

Reason: so stalling doesn't occur and tournament matches may finish

Clause #4 (excessive stalling)

if you continually wait for timer to reach 0 without your opponents consent you will lose next match

Reason: Time restrictions and respect for other players

Clause #5 (counter pick map clause)

loser of the previous game will get to chose next legal map, winner player may not switch team loser can

Reason: to allow loser favorable conditions in next battle

Clause #6 (matches and finals)

Double elimination ,all sets between players will be 2/3. All grand finals will work as standard double elimination in loser must beat winner in 2 sets to win

Clause # 7 (FOW)

Fog of war will be turned on

Reason: to provide balanced combat and not port raping and adv to player 1 consistently. (as P1 would be able to kill enemy mage and prevent all alternative warp)

Clayse # 8 (card counter picking)

when you lose a match you have the option of switching cards, however you must state which card you are switching to, (note loser doesn't have to state what kind of team they are using)

Clause # 9

either player may not plug the middle hole of map 6 laberinth before turn 3.

Reason: it essentially takes 2 units off your enemies and can be baited however teh blocking player will always remain in a neutral or advantedge position. note this is usually done with a high mobility unit and warping

Clause # 10 (RNG cap)

Only 25 stats may be capped per team (excluding HP)

Clause # 11 (swarmcaps)

swarm may not be forged

reason: forge swarm is broken

Clause # 12 (xane protection)

you may not kill an untransformed xane until turn 2

Reason: This is to allow players using xane time to position or transform into correct unit, if they transform before turn 2 you MAY ATTACK THEM.

Clause # 13 (3unit class rule)

You may only have 3 units of a class

reason: in conjunction will aprotrope certain teams become almost imposssible to defeat do to highest overall average stats and with no weaknesses against certain weapons.

Clause # 14 (aprotrope multi weakness or AMW)

if you use 3 or more units that are weak against a paticular kind of weapon you may not use aprotrope card. Meaning if i use a Pali and my 2 horsman team i cannot use aprotrope, in other words if you have three units of the following classes general, dracoknight, falcon knight, Horseman, Paladin, or manakete you may not use Aprotrope,

Reason: many teams consisting of classes weak against weapons have no weakness when using aprotrope, A 5 pali team for example has someone immunity to everything not DA in which case will still not get slaughtered, This allows players NOT using max stat high tier class teams to defeat those that do.

Clause # 15 (support rules)

3 supports may be used

Clause # 16 (no hacking)

no hacking

reason: obvious

clause #17 (no clock abuse)

no clock abuse may be used however this will be hard to be proof

reason: unfair teams

clause #18 (forged/brave)

None of these may be used(Only 1 hand axe is ok and if there is 1%critical on it,you are banned)

reason:Unfair ''brave 18ish mt 130ish hit 30crit 1wt''

Edited by Groner

Just pointing this out

People are REALLY going to hate this one. =.=

I know I do.

Maybe, but its for fair play.If somebody had capped stats like crazy, I'd know s/he RNG abused.But if a team has 21I wouldn't care.

^

That would be max str/mag, spd, def, and more stat. Not too bad, I don't think. I mean, it's not like you're going to max def on all your characters.

I found this interesting:

"

Clause # 16 (aprotrope multi weakness or AMW)

if you use 4 or more units that are weak against a paticular kind of weapon you may not use aprotrope card. Meaning if i use a Pali and my 2 horsman team i cannot use aprotrope, in other words if you have three units of the following classes general, dracoknight, falcon knight, Horseman, Paladidn, or manakete you may not use Aprotrope,

"

So which is it, 3 or 4?

^

That would be max str/mag, spd, def, and more stat. Not too bad, I don't think. I mean, it's not like you're going to max def on all your characters.

I found this interesting:

"

Clause # 16 (aprotrope multi weakness or AMW)

if you use 4 or more units that are weak against a paticular kind of weapon you may not use aprotrope card. Meaning if i use a Pali and my 2 horsman team i cannot use aprotrope, in other words if you have three units of the following classes general, dracoknight, falcon knight, Horseman, Paladidn, or manakete you may not use Aprotrope,

"

So which is it, 3 or 4?

Oops! Forgot that too! I'll fix that. It is 3

^

Yeah, but what about the natural skill gain, or rather if a character has a naturally high stat, meaning you're off, most characters can cap skill and even perhaps luck, then you have outlaying statboosters around. Some people also don't want to make other teams, I know I don't.

25-30 seems like a more reasonable number to me.

Though it's Groners tournament so meh.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

Yeah, but what about the natural skill gain, or rather if a character has a naturally high stat, meaning you're off, most characters can cap skill and even perhaps luck, then you have outlaying statboosters around. Some people also don't want to make other teams, I know I don't.

25-30 seems like a more reasonable number to me.

Though it's Groners tournament so meh.

True, I will accept up to 25, no more.

25 seems a little high. That's 5 maxed stats per person. We might as well be clock abusing, but whatever. I'll live.

Question 1:

Clause 20. Does that mean I can have a forged hand axe, so long as I don't forge crit?

Question 2:

Are there any illegal classes? It's not listed, but you might consider it. Especially Pallys, Generals, and Dracos.

Question 3:

If I have a team of 1 paladin, 1 general, 1 draco, 1 mage, and 1 horseman, and I give my draco Iote's shield, am I bound by clause 16?

Edited by Prince of Ravens

25 seems a little high. That's 5 maxed stats per person. We might as well be clock abusing, but whatever. I'll live.

Question 1:

Clause 20. Does that mean I can have a forged hand axe, so long as I don't forge crit?

Question 2:

Are there any illegal classes? It's not listed, but you might consider it. Especially Pallys, Generals, and Dracos.

Question 3:

If I have a team of 1 paladin, 1 general, 1 draco, 1 mage, and 1 horseman, and I give my draco Iote's shield, am I bound by clause 16?

1-Yes

2-Not for the moment

3-you would be because of this

Just to make sure, I'm going to re-phrase that.

If I have a team of 2 pallys and 1 draco, normally, I'm bound by clause 16. If I give my Draco Iote's shield, thus removing all bonus damages for him, am I still bound by clause 16?

And also,

Can I ignore clause 16 by using clause 7/11? Can clause 11 be refused, as like clause 7?

Just so you know, I'm not trying to stretch any rules here. I'm just asking these questions to make sure no one else can.

Just to make sure, I'm going to re-phrase that.

If I have a team of 2 pallys and 1 draco, normally, I'm bound by clause 16. If I give my Draco Iote's shield, thus removing all bonus damages for him, am I still bound by clause 16?

And also,

Can I ignore clause 16 by using clause 7/11? Can clause 11 be refused, as like clause 7?

Just so you know, I'm not trying to stretch any rules here. I'm just asking these questions to make sure no one else can.

Ok I got it.It would be okay.

For clauses 7/11, I'll remove them.

HP

Str

Spd

Def

The basic stats you need, with one leftover, most likely you'll cap Skill if anything.

I'd gladly take part.... But I have some issues with the rules (here are the big ones, there are dozens of little problems that I won't go into):

loser of the previous game will get to chose next legal map, winner player may not switch team loser can

-How is player order maintained?

when you lose a match you have the option of switching cards, however you must state which card you are switching to, (note loser doesn't have to state what kind of team they are using)

-The winner can't change their card?

Clause # 10 (RNG cap)

-This allows max: HP, Speed, Def, Str, Mag, Res and 1 off max Luck, 1 off max Skill on every unit.

Clause # 11 (swarmcaps)

swarm may not be forged

-Redundant, forged swarm is only possible by hacking

Reason: This is to allow players using xane time to position or transform into correct unit, if they transform before turn 2 you MAY ATTACK THEM.

-Wow! I love this rule. I can have a max HP, speed and def Xane, warp him to the opponent on Map 1 (or 2, whatever) on turn 1, completely blocking in the opponent. They cannot attack by Xane. On turn 2 I can attack them with the rest of my units, and they still can't attack my Xane. Finally, on turn 3, I retreat my Xane and attack with the rest of my units once more. Invincible Xane ftw.

3 supports may be used

-How will this be enforced? Supports are invisible, it would be very difficult to see if someone is actually using more than 3 supports

-RNG abuse vs Clock abuse in particular? Technically, everything that is possible with clock abuse is possible with RNG abuse. This is 100% impossible to enforce.

None of these may be used(Only 1 hand axe is ok and if there is 1%critical on it,you are banned)

-No forged weapons? or no brave weapons? Or no forged brave weapons? Depending exactly what this rule is changes the game a lot.

I'd gladly take part.... But I have some issues with the rules (here are the big ones, there are dozens of little problems that I won't go into):

-How is player order maintained?

-The winner can't change their card?

Clause # 10 (RNG cap)

-This allows max: HP, Speed, Def, Str, Mag, Res and 1 off max Luck, 1 off max Skill on every unit.

Clause # 11 (swarmcaps)

swarm may not be forged

-Redundant, forged swarm is only possible by hacking

-Wow! I love this rule. I can have a max HP, speed and def Xane, warp him to the opponent on Map 1 (or 2, whatever) on turn 1, completely blocking in the opponent. They cannot attack by Xane. On turn 2 I can attack them with the rest of my units, and they still can't attack my Xane. Finally, on turn 3, I retreat my Xane and attack with the rest of my units once more. Invincible Xane ftw.

3 supports may be used

-How will this be enforced? Supports are invisible, it would be very difficult to see if someone is actually using more than 3 supports

-RNG abuse vs Clock abuse in particular? Technically, everything that is possible with clock abuse is possible with RNG abuse. This is 100% impossible to enforce.

-No forged weapons? or no brave weapons? Or no forged brave weapons? Depending exactly what this rule is changes the game a lot.

1-random

2-No they can't

3-I know which units support together so I will know

4-Let me rephrase: No forged or braves can be used. The exception is 1 hand axe w/out critical

I hope this clarifies a bit

HP

Str

Spd

Def

The basic stats you need, with one leftover, most likely you'll cap Skill if anything.

Hp is excluded, and def doesn't need to be capped, especially without forges. Granted, I'm sure the Legendaries are going in full force, but max def is still a little overkill.

Anyway, by the rule, you could max Hp, Str/mag, skl, spd, lck, and def/res on all characters and still be within the rules. Yeah. Why bother with this rule if you can't clock abuse? It's not like anyone's going to reach that otherwise.

I also didn't think 7 and 11 needed to be removed. I was just wondering if they applied with (then)16.

Edited by Prince of Ravens

LOL no thanks. Too many rules, and Sylvan pointed out some major flaws. Also, what percentage of people who play have a team competitively built for no forges/braves? I'm guessing few, which gives them a tremendous advantage over people who have more than 1 random-ass forged Hand Axe.

LOL no thanks. Too many rules, and Sylvan pointed out some major flaws. Also, what percentage of people who play have a team competitively built for no forges/braves? I'm guessing few, which gives them a tremendous advantage over people who have more than 1 random-ass forged Hand Axe.

That is why the date is not determined: to give people time to train a special team for this tournament AND to forge a hand axe(lol)