Gale

In my one-and-only playthrough of FE6 where you face Murdock (It's quite an epic chapter), Gale appears. However, he would move right beside my units but never attack, the same goes for the Dragon Riders that appeared along with him... Did this happen to anyone else?

Edit: I did not kill Gale, just out of mercy.

Wow, very strange, and I see the irony there. Very nice, but oh so cruel.

Maybe it was because I talked to him with Miledy, instead of attacking him...? I can think of no other reason. Did you talk with him?

It's been a really long time, but IIRC his group's AI is programmed not to attack. However they will attack if you rescue Roy.

Not sure if anything else triggers them to attack.

I was always under the assumption Gale was intended to be recruitable. I mean he is the only NPC that has an affinity and non-generic growths. You can talk to him with your dragon riders. And if I recall the conversation is like a recruitment one, accept at the end he makes up some BS that he can't, which looks tacked on (been while so I may be remembering wrong).

It's just about the only class without a playable pre-promote. There's no Sages, although you do get three Mages.

Also, I remembered I always skip Gale (by avoiding the reinforcement triggering areas), at least until I've beaten Murdoch, so that might be why he didn't attack me.

• 2 weeks later...
In my one-and-only playthrough of FE6 where you face Murdock (It's quite an epic chapter), Gale appears. However, he would move right beside my units but never attack, the same goes for the Dragon Riders that appeared along with him... Did this happen to anyone else?

Edit: I did not kill Gale, just out of mercy.

This is exactly what happend to me.

And why the hell is he not he recruitable?!?!

The most likely reason they went up to you but didn't attack was to become meat shields. You have to waste a turn on killing them rather than him attacking you and dieing and you just being able to advance, giving other units time to set up or something.

However I haven't done the stage myself, just got the game and English patch a few days ago

The most likely reason they went up to you but didn't attack was to become meat shields. You have to waste a turn on killing them rather than him attacking you and dieing and you just being able to advance, giving other units time to set up or something.

However I haven't done the stage myself, just got the game and English patch a few days ago

He goes up to you because he's doing his duty, but doesn't attack because Gale and Miredy are most likely, lovers. In fact, their conversation ON THAT CHAPTER is pretty much that. "Go. I can't attack you" Or something to that effect. Not that he won't, but that he can't. It just might be my translation, though >_>

• 3 weeks later...