Favorite Holy from FE4

If you could make a random character with any kind of Holy Weapon, except for Narga and Loputousu, from FE 4 what would be the top three?

I think that my number one choice in Holy Weapons is the Mistolteen because that Weapon can give a ridiculous amount of critical, which by the way it helps give you a lot. What I mean is that the critical percentage in FE 4 are calculated by skill + weapons kill bonus. The Mistolteen gives a +20 boost in skill, so not only does it give the skill it increases the percentage by 20.

The next Holy Weapon I'd choose would probably be the Falaflame. That weapon is the ultimate tanking weapon, not the Swanchika. The first reason why is because it weighs less than the Swanchika (the Swanchika has a weight of 20, the Falaflame has a weight of 15,) so it doesn't reduce A.S. as much as the Swanchika. The next reason why is because it gives a +10 boost in Magic, Defense, and Resistance, all of the perfect stats to boost in for a magic user, so it helps with any magic user having low defense, it makes that magic user even more resistant to other magic users, AND gives it an offensive bonus, something the Swanchika doesn't do.

The next weapon would be the Balmunk. It was a close tie between Balmunk and Holsety, which there is only one difference, which is that the Balmunk has a weight of 3 while the Holsety has a weight of 5. Other than that they are the same in terms of base accuracy, might, and stat boosts.

Edit: I think this should move to NES and SNES Era's board.

Thor's Hammer, because it's graphics look cool on the world map (and there is no dodging that thing, plus it doesn't lower your speed unlike Fala Flame and stuff).

That weapon is the ultimate tanking weapon, not the Swanchika

Actually the Swanchika is better as far as sheer tanking goes, the 5 speed is of little use since they both weigh you down by quite a bit, and the extra defense beats out Fala Flame's, and Fala Flame is just better because Alvis (or the emperor class) has higher personal defense/magic defense then Langbart or Brian. Plus you have things like Charisma and Leadership on your side to also increase the tanking capabilities of one via evasion.

Fala Flame holds +10 extra evasion

Swanchika holds +10 raw defense

I suppose it comes down to play style, but if you only talk about the tanking aspects, then the Swanchika is better in my opinion. Although factoring all aspects (attack included) then I would have to agree Fala Flame outclasses the Swanchika.

The next weapon would be the Balmunk. It was a close tie between Balmunk and Holsety, which there is only one difference, which is that the Balmunk has a weight of 3 while the Holsety has a weight of 5. Other than that they are the same in terms of base accuracy, might, and stat boosts.

Holsety has +1 range which more then makes up for the +2 weight in my opinion (and it also attacks magic defense, which most enemies have less of).

Edited by Izuka

Since all of them are capable of one-rounding most enemies, I base which ones are my favorites based on the people who use them. According to that, my favorite usable ones are the Holsety, Mistoltin and Tyrfing, Gae Bolog being an honorable mention.

Holsety, AKA "Can't touch this" gets my vote, because I love it when someone become's completly unhittable. I would say Balmuk too, but the character wo gets it isn't quite as amazing as those who get Holsety. My opinion is: If Ayra's children could get Balmuck, there would be almost no reason to use Shanan.

Mistolin is my other favourite, massive crit bonus, plus its invaluable against Alvis and Ishtar. It's also one of the few ways you can realistically beat Yurius in chapter 10 (it needs to be combined with Holsety and Balmuk users here, though.)

It's possible for one of the wonder kids to get the Balmung if Holyn is their dad and Shanan gets offed in a kinda specific way.

Welcome to the Holy War. Anybody with a character-specific blessed weapon here is a previously undiscovered level of awesome.

Edited by Dr.Dorian

Mistoltin for obvious reasons.

Falaflame always had a very cool animation.

I also really like Thor's Hammer. Too bad we don't get two out of the three fire/wind/thunder holy tomes.

• 7 months later...
I know it's FE4, but Sety with Holsety in FE5.

Same kind of deal, but +20 speed AND skill. :D.

Otherwise, I'll take Lolsety

Uh, Shiva? This topic has been dead since July 1st of last year. That's a good deal past the two month necroposting limit. :(