53 members have voted

1. 1. who is excited for this

• yes
    • no

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am too, personally I can't wait to see the first tactician made to resemble a penis

Fortunately I have matured very little since I played Blazing Swordbring on all the prank names again :D

I guess I'm kind of excited about unit customization. It sounds like it would be a fun gimmick to mess around with. I already have a few ideas in mind from what I've heard so far.

I think that this is awesome!

*Looks forward to getting the game, making a sucky light magic user and naming her "Failcaiah"*

I know its the wrong forum but +1

I wonder if the eye-patch will be shown in the battle animations

I am not really excited about it, but I am looking forward to seeing how I can abuse this custom character to trivialize the game. There must be some class/background combination that is particularly broken and/or useful.

*Looks forward to getting the game, making a sucky light magic user and naming her "Failcaiah"*

Cool. I'm planning on a run-through where I name my custom unit "PirateBaboon", I hope I have enough spaces for the whole thing. I'm going to give him an eyepatch (obviously), peg leg, class him into a Cavalier, and then only use him to fight with weapon triangle disadvantage against enemies that have effective damage on him. I am pretty sure this means that Cavaliers are terrible.

I'm gonna be controversial. It looks pretty cool, but I bet it'll be severely limited - like SSBB's stage builder. So I'm not really that excited at all.

As much as I agree with the "will probably be limited" thing, I am swayed by the shininess of the concept. (I know, it's not even a new concept in games, but it's new for FE, and I'm interested to see how it turns out.)

This pretty much sums up my opinion :awesome:

Makes me wonder if this custom character will have Lord status or is just another durf in the army. If he is Lord status, does this mean he can get Lord weapons? If so, it'll be nice to see the Wolf Biel and Thani return....

Still, pretty nifty IMO. Wouldn't say I'm excited exactly, but it is pretty interesting.

Quite honestly, this concept is ust nintendo catering to the little whiners who want to make their own characters(along with the "casual players" who complain about permanent death). The limitations, as has already been said, are going to make any fun one may get from making your own character void. I hate how nintendo has gone casual friendly. If they make a remake of Genealogy of the Holy War I bet they'll give veryone one infinite movement, have you recruit claud in the first chapter, and give the valkyrie sttaf infinite uses! All in all, this new system is going to suck.

I've always loved creating something based on my own strategy. I've loved the ability to forge weapons, and I welcome a unique character I can customize.

Quite honestly, this concept is ust nintendo catering to the little whiners who want to make their own characters(along with the "casual players" who complain about permanent death). The limitations, as has already been said, are going to make any fun one may get from making your own character void. I hate how nintendo has gone casual friendly. If they make a remake of Genealogy of the Holy War I bet they'll give veryone one infinite movement, have you recruit claud in the first chapter, and give the valkyrie sttaf infinite uses! All in all, this new system is going to suck.

Wow... that is just absolutely retarded. You came up with that because of a single character you can customize?

Edited by Super Mecha Death Christ

Right, because it's MUCH better to only have options that attract veterans but drive away new players instead of giving choices that appeal to both. Yup, I want Fire Emblem to die, when instead it could continue and offer me the exact same experience.

Edited by Slize

I'm not only reffering to the addition of a customizable character but the addition of so many "casual friendly" engines while practically ignoring players who enjoy a challenge and providing them with meager pittances(like the socalled "Lunatic" mode.)

And another thing, your laying your claims on the basis that A.) this new game actually has anything good to attract veterans and B.) that nintendo will not make any good innovations but provide us with this garbage or nothing at all. Just look at the past games if you want to see my point.

A beter marketing tactic would be to make a sort-of-easy mode ( like in radiant dawn) that is just easy enough not to be disheartening. That way, nintendo does not have a nearly as great possibility of losing their veteran fans. And, they can raise the price a little bit to make up for the abscence of the hoard of yipping "casual players".

Edited by Sophius