Aum staff and Casual mode?

Now I know you can bring back one character after they fall with Aum staff, but if they don't really die in Casual mode then what's the point of the staff?

Edited by JosefLior

Now I know you can bring back one character after they fall with Aum staff, but if they don't really die in Casual mode then what's the point of the staff?

Perhaps if they were defeated the chapter you use it, it brings them back? It may just be replaced by a vulnerary lol.

Maybe it'll be replaced by another staff. Or maybe it won't and you end up with something you won't use...can't really be the first time.

Maybe it'll be replaced by another staff. Or maybe it won't and you end up with something you won't use...can't really be the first time.

I guess but it feels kinda dumb. What's next? Infinite use of Hammerne and Aum staff? Again staff plus dancer giving you double movement? Might as well. Also playing Lunatic mode with Casual will have an odd feeling.

Yes, the Aum staff will be useless, but it wasn't that great in the first place, so not a lot changes.

Yeah true. All I care about is selling it :D

CASUAL MODE IS COMMUNIST

You know the world is already communist as it is. There isn't really much freedom, but taking away the pleasure of games is just wrong.

In FE3 book two it actually had 5 uses, but you couldn't sell it like in book one. However, since you couldn't sell it in FE11 I doubt you can in FE12. I hope though that you have to wait a few chapters to get your characters back in casual mode so it could be used to bring them back early.

Optional feature which is a choice to use calls for the end of the world and the rise of nazi dictatorship.

Damn now my people will go through even more suffering ! 2012 is happening now.

In FE3 book two it actually had 5 uses, but you couldn't sell it like in book one. However, since you couldn't sell it in FE11 I doubt you can in FE12. I hope though that you have to wait a few chapters to get your characters back in casual mode so it could be used to bring them back early.

i like that idea. To make more realistic they need time to recover.

It could bring back the person on the map instead of at the end chapter or it could be used to get rid of a person forever

Um how would casual mode and Aum staff get rid of a person forever?

Edited by JosefLior

Thunderman, can I flame the troll? Please please pretty please?

In all honesty, here's why casual mode is not a slippery slope, Because it contradicts the whole purpose of having it in the first place: to make more people of different skill levels happy.

Edited by SaltyWongIsSalty

They could keep the death quotes. All it would require is that they have mini-cutscenes for Casual mode -- similar to the ones in Shadow Dragon, between chapters, when the generic replacements joined the army -- where someone is resurrecting dead units, and calling Marth an idiot for letting them die in the first place.

The presence of a casual mode somehow makes me believe that FE3DS's gaiden requirements will not be based on unit sacrifices.

But who knows.

They could keep the death quotes. All it would require is that they have mini-cutscenes for Casual mode -- similar to the ones in Shadow Dragon, between chapters, when the generic replacements joined the army -- where someone is resurrecting dead units, and calling Marth an idiot for letting them die in the first place.

I approve of all easier mode options that passive-aggressively imply the player is an idiot or wimp for picking them.

At that point, does anybody CARE that it'd be useless on casual? Just beat the damn game already.

True. Here's a question: if the character doesn't die, then if they lose a match and I want to revive them during end game, how will that work if they're not dead?