New 5th Gen Pokemon Leaked

Anacybele

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think the third game's mascot might be Ground/Dragon?

Well, there's already a Ground/Dragon (Flygon/Garchomp) whereas Fire/Dragon and Electric/Dragon are entirely new combinations. Both Fire and Electric were special types in Gen 1-3 so I'm guessing the third one would either be Ice/Dragon, Psychic/Dragon, or Dark/Dragon (awesomeness). All of those STABs would be walled by Steel types though.

Pretty sure it's going to be Ice/Dragon. Consider that Water/Dragon was already done in 4th Generation with Palkia, so that's frankly doubtful.

Besides Ice completes the usual trinity with the other two being Fire and Electric.

Pretty sure it's going to be Ice/Dragon. Consider that Water/Dragon was already done in 4th Generation with Palkia, so that's frankly doubtful.

Besides Ice completes the usual trinity with the other two being Fire and Electric.

How does it complete the trinity? Ice is the only one being pwnt in that case. i.e. It'd lose the resistance to Fire and take neutral damage. Then again, they're all Dragon types so they'd all be super effective against each other.

How does it complete the trinity? Ice is the only one being pwnt in that case. i.e. It'd lose the resistance to Fire and take neutral damage. Then again, they're all Dragon types so they'd all be super effective against each other.

He said "trinity", not "triangle". You know, with Fire, Ice and Lightning. It has absolutely nothing to do with Pokemon gameplay mechanics.

It was already used before though, for Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.

Edited by Proto

I don't see how Yin & Yang can be a trinity but in order to Nintendo milk this generation, they'll probably find a way. If this comes to be true, the Ice/Dragon is highly probable (trinity stuff already mentioned). This makes a problem however, Zekrom will be weak to both Ice and Dragon and I thought the idea behind them was to be weak to each other but also have their own selling points (individual abilities and typing) and this way Zekrom will be the most ampered.

The only (ex-)special typings that would have to rely on its Dragon part to inflict super-effective damage would be Psychic or pure Dragon. Actually I wouldn't mind a pure dragon since no final evo is pure dragon.

They somehow made time and space a trinity, I'm sure they'll create some stupid concept for the third one. I'd like a Grass/Dragon this gen, but it wouldn't fit in a trio of Fire and Elec, so I'll just go with ice.

Anything/Poison would be awesome as a legendary.

High five! for agreement(pretty much sort of). :D

Though now that I think about it Poison wouldn't really "fit" with the others. OH WELL.

We still don't have a Bug legendary yet either. So maybe that would work?

Just what i was thinking.... A bug pokemon would kind of fit, since there is plenty of psychic legendaries

Imagine how hardcore a Dragon/Bug type would be. B)

Imagine how hardcore a Dragon/Bug type would be. B)

It would feel... squishy. Seriously, I can't imagine a badass legendary bug pokemon. Unless they do it similar to Shaymin, something that just hides in flowers and stuff, I can't even imagine a legendary bug. Now poison definatively needs a legendary (as long it's not Bug/Poison). Rock also deserves a better one other than Regirock.

Edited by Magna

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...