Lord of Azure Flame: Suggestions

Inactive Account

Well,if we are suggesting skills:

Charge - If you roll a [Number] on your skill die,you may choose to launch another attack on the same,or another target.

Charisma - Each round,you may choose 3 nearby allied targets.These targets gain +1 Hit and +1 Avo.

Heavy Strike - Before rolling your attack,you may choose to lower your Skl by X amount,and for that attack,you will gain X Str.

Focused Blast - Before rolling your attack,you may choose to lower your Skl by X amount,and for that attack,you will gain X Mag.

Guard - Up to two times per encounter,you may select a target.Until the next time you launch an attack,any attacks directed at them will be rerouted to you,and you will attack any enemies they enter combat with.You may not launch an attack this phase,and no doubling may occur while Guarding.

(Eg. Damian Guards Tessa,and Tessa attacks a bandit.Tessa attacks,Damian takes the counter,and then Damian counterattacks the bandit.During enemy phase,2 bandits attack Tessa.Instead of hitting her,they hit Damian,and then Tessa and Damian counter them(If applicable).

Stillness - This character may not be targeted during the enemy phase,unless no other targets exist.

Blossom - Exp gained is Divided by 2/3,however,upon leveling up,the character gains an extra stat point.(This may or may not be retroactive)

Lucky Break - This character may make multiple saving rolls,if those prior are effective.

Fortune - The enemy may not land a critical hit on this character.

Counter - Whenever you are attacked,and the enemy rolls a [Number] on their skill die,deal your Str(Maybe Str/2) as direct damage to the opponent

Any thoughts?

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortune and Stillness had better be nerfed, otherwise they're easily the best skills of them all. I have issues with Blossom, as it sort of discourages combat skills early on.

Edit: Uh, this is going to take a while... Maybe someone who was actually in Chapter one could write the recap?

Edited by Snike

Charge - If you roll a [Number] on your skill die,you may choose to launch another attack on the same,or another target.

So it's basically adept? Except better?

Charisma - Each round,you may choose 3 nearby allied targets.These targets gain +1 Hit and +1 Avo.

Three is a bit high... Otherwise fine.

Heavy Strike - Before rolling your attack,you may choose to lower your Skl by X amount,and for that attack,you will gain X Str.

Focused Blast - Before rolling your attack,you may choose to lower your Skl by X amount,and for that attack,you will gain X Mag.

Okay

Guard - Up to two times per encounter,you may select a target.Until the next time you launch an attack,any attacks directed at them will be rerouted to you,and you will attack any enemies they enter combat with.You may not launch an attack this phase,and no doubling may occur while Guarding.

Sounds like it should be a armor default skill.

Stillness - This character may not be targeted during the enemy phase,unless no other targets exist.

Blossom - Exp gained is Divided by 2/3,however,upon leveling up,the character gains an extra stat point.(This may or may not be retroactive)

Lucky Break - This character may make multiple saving rolls,if those prior are effective.

Fortune - The enemy may not land a critical hit on this character.

All four are OPed

Counter - Whenever you are attacked,and the enemy rolls a [Number] on their skill die,deal your Str(Maybe Str/2) as direct damage to the opponent

Really like this one.

So it's basically adept? Except better?

Being the only person who had Adept I'm going to object to Charge as well. Adept is good as it is. Charge would be silly.

Edited by Lightning

Charge: Maybe rework it into massive strength and speed boost, but massive skill, defense, and evasion penalty? As-is, it nulls adept and allows for triples. Not cool.

Charisma: Pseudo-daunt? Might work, but reduce the number effected.

HS and FB:OK, but FB should be renamed Overcast.

Guard: Armor and pally classes would be the ones for this, I would say.

Stillness: Nerf it to only 1 enemy can target the unit, on the enemy phase?

Blossom: Get lost.

Lucky Break: See Blossom.

Fortune: Have it changed to be a sort of saving roll-type crit prevention?

Counter: YES. I like this one.

Guys. Charge works like this.

PC attack

Enemy counter attack

(possible PC or enemy double attack)

PC attack

Enemy counter attack

It's a risky skill to take to up your chance of kills, but it also ups your chance to get KOed in return.

It may or may not be called Duel in some translation patches, and I was thinking about suggesting something similar, actually. I'll look over the rest in a bit.

Edited by Balcerzak

The recap topic is up. Just have to read chapter one now... And I'm currently crying at the walls of text in said chapter. I'll have it up in a few days. >.<

The recap topic is up. Just have to read chapter one now... And I'm currently crying at the walls of text in said chapter. I'll have it up in a few days. >.<

Give me the weekend. I wake up when everyone else is asleep. I'll PM you what I think should go in, you can compare notes with what you think should go in, etc. etc.

If, of course, you're looking for help.

I feel for you Snike.

And yeah, that's what I thought Charge was. Heavy Strike, Focus Blast, and Counter are the best ones so far. In fact, let me add Counter to Alferis, you know because of the free skill thing.

Guys. Charge works like this.

PC attack

Enemy counter attack

PC attack

Enemy counter attack

It's a risky skill to take to up your chance of kills, but it also ups your chance to get KOed in return.

It may or may not be called Duel in some translation patches, and I was thinking about suggesting something similar, actually. I'll look over the rest in a bit.

Thats how it works in FE4 and i'd be super OP'd here. Imagine if Chase had Charge. That'd be like him activating Adept twice but only having to roll for it once. And no counters. Now, if we do approve Charge I'd like to trade in Adept for it. Point is, I think it's too good... and if we use it I'll take advantage of that.

@Sage: That's not in effect yet.

Edited by Lightning

Thats how it works in FE4 and i'd be super OP'd here. Imagine if Chase had Charge. That'd be like him activating Adept twice but only having to roll for it once. And no counters. Now, if we do approve Charge I'd like to trade in Adept for it. Point is, I think it's too good... and if we use it I'll take advantage of that.

@Sage: That's not in effect yet.

Only because Bow Users don't get countered. So there clearly need to be tweaks. Which is why I hadn't recommended it myself yet, but I think with work it can still be a valid skill.

Give me the weekend. I wake up when everyone else is asleep. I'll PM you what I think should go in, you can compare notes with what you think should go in, etc. etc.

If, of course, you're looking for help.

Alright.

@Sage: Admittedly, I only read chapter 3, before jumping in. So this is all new, at least, for the first two chapters.

Edit: Charge is alright, but we'd have to make it so that archers get countered. I'd put it on Derek, actually.

Edited by Snike

That's another problem. Changing a skill just because a certain class would be broken with it would be a bad idea. We've already been through this. If we use Charge bow users should get the same version as everyone else.

That's another problem. Changing a skill just because a certain class would be broken with it would be a bad idea. We've already been through this. If we use Charge bow users should get the same version as everyone else.

Isn't that what I just said? Maybe I was unclear because I didn't specify the kind of 'tweaks' I was considering, but yeah. It's not going to be an 'x if y class, w if z class' kind of thing. Don't worry about that.

Alright.

@Sage: Admittedly, I only read chapter 3, before jumping in. So this is all new, at least, for the first two chapters.

Edit: Charge is alright, but we'd have to make it so that archers get countered. I'd put it on Derek, actually.

Actually I'd love to help out, but I don't really want to miss the RP. I guess we can put it on hold for awhile, this is a pretty major subplot for Eric and Dani.

More like recruiting tool. I have an idea, but I need either one of the party members in their teens, or Viveka, to accompany Eric against his will. >.>

Let's hear it.

Oh thats not fair. If he has those caps then i am going to have Helios be a wind mage and give him thunder mage caps <_<

I dont have a problem with it, i just think that the STR cap should be lowered

I thought archers only avoided the counter on the first attack?

Even if Chase activated it on the first hit,Charge becomes a second combat,so he gets countered.Charge is more or less the High Risk/High Reward Version of Adept.

As for Charisma,I was originally thinking 2 targets,but put 3 just in case.Would 2 be better?

Guard would likely be limited to certain classes,yeah.Obviously Magic or Non-Melee classes wouldn't use it.Thieves and Bandits would be unlikely to use it,Myrms as well.Most likely users are Soldier/Wyvern Rider/Armour Knight,maybe Mercs/Fighters.

Blossom was iffy,but I wanted to know what you guys thought of it,consider it gone.

Fortune and Stillness could be randomly activated.How about if the opponent crits,roll your skl die,and maybe have 2 or 3 activation numbers due to the limited use opportunities?Like maybe even avoids the Crit?

Stillness could be something like: If you roll a [Number] on your Skill die,no enemy may target you during the next enemy phase?

Edited by Ether

Charge would count as the same combat if it's the same target. I think that really doesn't work at all TBH.

Archers don't get countered every other combat.

Stillness should be you can only be attacked by one enemy, Fortune should be to roll a d6 w/ same activation rate as Saving Rolls. To make luck better.

Charisma should be 2 targets.

Guard sounds pretty iffy.

Also. I think all Crits should deal at least 1 damage.

Edited by Lightning

That's OP.

Better to go with this:

Half STR

Increase SPD by 50% (double is just too much)

Unless the character has low speed, and high strength, it's just a bit too much. Does it break caps? If not then I guess you wouldn't be going overboard with double speed. If it does break caps then no.

Edited by Phoenix