Etrian Odyssey

General Spoon

So I finished the main story today, beating the boss of floor 25. Then I went and looked at what some of the postgame floors look like. Warp maze hell :(

I can't wait for my copy of Etrian Odyssey II to get here, though I'll likely want to finish the postgame from EO1 first.

I can't wait for my copy of Etrian Odyssey II to get here, though I'll likely want to finish the postgame from EO1 first.

The post game for EO1 is, while harder, not particularly long. Advice? Have a protector that DOES NOT have it's element protections up to "Absorb" level. They'll need to be at "Cancel."

Still playing the first game. It's mind-numbingly great, like I don't even understand. It's really, really basic and simple, but it somehow manages to be amazing!

I've gone as far as the 5th floor with my guys around 16-17. Started it a long while ago too, just playing really slow for some reason. I'll be sure to get back to it, what with Etrian Odyssey III coming out. I'll need to beat II after this too, so...

Still playing the first game. It's mind-numbingly great, like I don't even understand. It's really, really basic and simple, but it somehow manages to be amazing!

I've gone as far as the 5th floor with my guys around 16-17. Started it a long while ago too, just playing really slow for some reason. I'll be sure to get back to it, what with Etrian Odyssey III coming out. I'll need to beat II after this too, so...

Part of the immersion is definately the music. I suggest checking out the super arranges if you haven't already.

Oh yeah man, I forgot to mention that, but Yuzo Koshiro does an amazing job with the soundtrack. It's about on the same level as Streets of Rage and Revenge of Shinobi. I can't play this game and not feel blissful just from hearing the soundtrack. The synths are really appealing to me, too.

I'll listen to the super arrange later on, once I can actually beat the game. I've usually a rule for myself where I don't get a game's soundtrack or listen to it before actually beating a game, unless I don't care about the game.

You get bonuses for carrying passwords from one to two. In the form of items here and there.

I'd say start with the first. EO2's better in a few respects, but you'll get the full experience going from one to the next.

Huh... I was going to make an EO tonight.

EO1 is slightly less polished than EO2. They are few but very much needed mapping tools added to the second game that make life easier.

Overall EO1 is definitely the more difficult of the two.

Also no love for the character designs?

Oh yeah. The 6th stratum is the most evil thing ever created. Do NOT bother trying to get to the final floor unless you've defeated the three dragons. I learned that the hard way...

Edited by Ein Silver Rose

Also no love for the character designs?

True enough. I swear by the Loli Healer and the Blond Protector.

Although... I love some of the EO3 designs, but it screws up my whole team design. :/

Edited by Furby

I liked the character design for EO3 right away... Except for the 'female' Androids. Although fan art changed my mind.

Oh, I like the designs, but the class changes make me need to redesign my team that I use for the two games. Though, that's not a bad thing.

Also, I agree, the "female" andriods are horrible looking.