Extra HP when Aether-ing?

So is there a reason that Aether seems to first use Sol, and then Sol AND Luna? I just Aether-ed an enemy with 15 HP left. Ike had 8 HP when the battle started. He left with 38 HP. This means that Sol counted twice. This only happens, however, when battle animations are on. I've tested it. Can anyone help explain this phenomenon?

Haven't played PoR in a bit of a while, but I do seem to remember some oddness with Aether killing enemies on the first shot.

I'm going to do some more tests with it. If only i had the ability to hack my game to give me Aether like every time I attack someone. I'll figure it out. I might post a video if I can. But I have experienced this phenomenon numerous times. The last one was last night as I was playing the "Strange Turn" Trial Map. Ike Aether-ed a swordsmaster with 1 HP left, but left the battle regaining back 2 HP... I'm about to go do more tests....

It's a glitch in the way Aether works. If the enemy dies to the first hit of Aether, the second hit will recover the same amount of HP as the first.

So, Enemy has 15 HP and Ike has 8. Ike Aether's and would do, say 20 damage. First hit connects and Ike recovers 15 HP. Enemy is now dead, but Aether keeps going and (for whatever reason) the second hit will also recover 15 HP.

So why does the glitch only occur when battle animations are on?

I think it always works like that. Simply because in FE9, there's only full animations or map animations. Not sure, but I think the answer is that it always does that.

Maybe it is that I'm just not paying attention to the HP bar during the map animations. I'm going to keep trying to get a video of the phenomenon. I just haven't had time yet to do it.

I'm pretty sure it works when the battle animations are off too. Basically its like Fayt Zelpher said. When the enemy dies from the first hit the second hit recovers the same amount of health. This only happens with Ragnell though. Any other weapon it works like astra and just doesn't count the second hit thus not using a weapon use. FE9 full of silly little glitches like that.

I'm pretty sure it works when the battle animations are off too. Basically its like Fayt Zelpher said. When the enemy dies from the first hit the second hit recovers the same amount of health. This only happens with Ragnell though. Any other weapon it works like astra and just doesn't count the second hit thus not using a weapon use. FE9 full of silly little glitches like that.

@Bold: No. It will work with ANY weapon. I've seen it done with steel and silver swords as well. So it's definitely not limited to Ragnell.

I can confirm the rumor.

For some unknown reason, Aether just heals twice when the enemy would die in the FIRST strike, Sol, the second one still goes on and heals you (the normal damage it would do).

How do I know it? I played it a while ago and noticed the same thing. Many generic enemies would die, bu Ike still recovered much HP with Aether if he was low on HP.

Also, it works on the Black Knight and Ashnard. I saw it with my eyes, but it's useless in this cases because the battle ends with your victory (unless playing hard mode, but I don't feel like testing it yet).

Edited by Light Lord

@Bold: No. It will work with ANY weapon. I've seen it done with steel and silver swords as well. So it's definitely not limited to Ragnell.

I know it doesn't happen with iron swords. I've seen Ike aether an enemy and kill them with the first hit and he doesn't heal on the second hit. Steel and silver, not sure though.

I'm going to start testing it more using my Ike from my Ike-Only playthrough in Trial Maps. I have some random swords stuck in convoy, so it should be easy to see if it's only Ragnell that does it. I'll go ahead and start doing that now =P