[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have Sain talk to every single woman in his available chapters (except maybe Lyn).

Break the Wo Dao.

Have everyone survive.

Turn limits for everything.

Edited by deranger

See, now this is nice. Simple manipulation of existing content to create a new feeling sense. I haven't seen much of that since DahrkDaiz was around. Iggy Koopa was always into cool features like this too. Evolving maps and whatnots.

Edited by Celice

Achievements are a fantastic idea! I had a couple thoughts for things that might be interesting to strive for.

"In Matthew's Name"

In Tale 1, claim every treasure in castle Pherae.

"Hit and Run"

In Tale 2, kill Thorben in less than eighteen turns.

"Sacaen Supremacy"

In Tale 3, defeat Rath and the Kutolah.

"Sins of the Father"

In Tale 4, complete the chapter with less then fifteen Morph casualties.

"The Vanguard"

In Tale 5, keep your entire cadre alive.

Edited by Ghostclown

@ Ghost

1- difficult, considering you only have one or two chest keys and rogues only drop one item max. Also, Matthew has little to do with Pherae.

2- Turn limits are good.

3- Tale three: gameover if Rath's killed

4- Like

5- Not too hard if your talking blue units (ally). Freakin impossible if your counting green (NPC).

@ Ghost

1- difficult, considering you only have one or two chest keys and rogues only drop one item max. Also, Matthew has little to do with Pherae.

2- Turn limits are good.

3- Tale three: gameover if Rath's killed

4- Like

5- Not too hard if your talking blue units (ally). Freakin impossible if your counting green (NPC).

1 - But he'd be proud of you for securing all the treasure, since he's a thief. I couldn't really think of a name.

3 - You'd just have to kill Rath last, then.

5 - If you were to rescue the NPC's, it could be done.

An as Xbox gamer, I love achievements that present great challenges. When you have something that you can't always complete on your first attempt, you get people talking about your game. Exchanging strategies and the like on how to do it. Then, when you finally get it done, you really feel a sense of satisfaction.

From that vid, it looks great, and while this is probably nitpicking, what about extending the Prince's move range? It really sucks to have to take, say, 3 turns just to get to the chapter I want. Something like 15 move could work :XD:

1 - But he'd be proud of you for securing all the treasure, since he's a thief. I couldn't really think of a name.

5 - If you were to rescue the NPC's, it could be done.

1: Most of the treasures are Gold, it should only be the four treasures not gold, because Gold doesn't matter in this game, really.

5: There's more NPC's than allies once the Laus knights join, and not to mention only Hector, Orun, Erik, and Oswin can rescue them.

1: Most of the treasures are Gold, it should only be the four treasures not gold, because Gold doesn't matter in this game, really.

5: There's more NPC's than allies once the Laus knights join, and not to mention only Hector, Orun, Erik, and Oswin can rescue them.

1 - Makes sense to me.

2 - Okay, so the NPC's wouldn't be included.

- Gigais is misspelled near end of tale 6

- If Erik is killed, the game still acts as if though he's alive and betrayed him.

- While I'm at it, I couldn't recruit Erik. What are the requirements?

- While I'm at it, Erik has the same death/battle quote as the original game, which may or may not be intentional.

Just finished the latest patch, it was great. There were lots of other problems (like the power staff freezing the game when animations are off) but I can't remember them and I have better things to do than write them down (no offense...).

This happens in all of the chapters, and besides, he was only taken prisoner anyway as evidenced by his death quote. (Which, unless Rodimus says otherwise, is safe to say that it is intentional).

This happens in all of the chapters

Just because an incongruity occurs multiple times that doesn't make it okay... lol. If he wants to fix it, he can, if not, I can see why he wouldn't, it's a lot of work...

The Bleeding Demon

- Don't use Karel's elixir - ask the player at the beginning if they think Karel should take an elixir (e.g. Karel says "Perhaps I should prepare a little medicine..." or something betterI'm not really sure how you'd do it but it'd be epic, so props to you if you can figure a way

Killing Kin

- Kill the Barbaros' Karla-summon

Long Way to the Top if you wanna rock'n'roll

- Beat chapter 5 by going left and around to the top, while avoiding the middle

First is Last

- Send supplies to the bottommost village in chapter 1x first, rather than the closest village to the castle

It's Me, Nino!

- Recruit Jaffar after having a battle between Nino and Jaffar first (and surviving, obviously)

Hunting the Hunters

- Kill that boss dude with Purge in chapter 4x

Never Too Old

- Have Marcus kill the boss in chapter 1

I stole some of the ideas from an old project of mine which had ideas stolen from other games I played... and some I just came up with off the top of my head XD

^you mean move, lol. speed won't help him much, i don't think... haha.

I personally think it's interesting that it takes multiple turns, then it's like "it takes time to travel through time"... plus he's only a kid and can only run so fast. XD

Erik is alive in FE6 for Roy to fight.

I haven't actually played the game to that point. I want to play it through when it's finished. So, are you saying it should cause a game over if Erik "dies"?

"Laus Pride"

-have Erik defeat Yorick and Dawson

"Serra's Lesson"

-have Serra take on a new attitude :P

"Natalie the Nurse"

-don't use any vulneraries or elixirs

"Weapon Triangllllllllllllleeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!"

-defeat all "reaver" weapon enemies while having a disadvantage (Tale 1)

So, are you saying it should cause a game over if Erik "dies"?

I'm not posing any specific solution (although that one would work), just pointing out the problem. =P

Erik must be kept alive, but the possibility of him not talking to Hector must also be taken account... although, if Arch goes through with the have-Erik-talk-to-Hector thing, it'll be unlikely for Erik to die because he'll probably talk to Hector first... but, there's still the chance. So if you want my 2 cents, I'd say that making it a game over situation would be appropriate, since that'd ruin any unwanted alternate endings...

'For the Funds Rank!'

-Beat Tale 1 with the Lobera, Rex Hasta, and Reinfleche at full uses

-Beat Tale 2 with Berveil at full uses

-Beat Tale 3 with the Sol Katti and Mani Katti at full uses

-Beat Tale 4 with Forblaze and Luce at full uses

... and so on.

'Early Bird'

-Beat Tale 3 before the boss can call for reinforcements

'Is it me, or...?'

-Beat Tale 5 without anyone talking to Serra, including villages

'For the Funds Rank!'

-Beat Tale 1 with the Lobera, Rex Hasta, and Reinfleche at full uses

-Beat Tale 2 with Berveil at full uses

-Beat Tale 3 with the Sol Katti and Mani Katti at full uses

-Beat Tale 4 with Forblaze and Luce at full uses

... and so on.

IIRC it's not possible to do anything with events that reads a person's inventory. I don't know for sure, though, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Not basically. But I'm sure you could do something a little similar, like check and make sure you've swiped a certain item from an enemy or chest (or all items/chests available). I know the GBA games have events which reference encounters like these in the vanilla game, so one only has to emulate said-events.

Not basically. But I'm sure you could do something a little similar, like check and make sure you've swiped a certain item from an enemy or chest (or all items/chests available). I know the GBA games have events which reference encounters like these in the vanilla game, so one only has to emulate said-events.

Well, it's possible to do an event that checks if a certain enemy died (and therefore dropped his weapon). It's possible to check if a certain chest was opened. However, event-wise, there's no way to read if an item still exists in someone's inventory, capiche? Because of this, I could grab the item and immediately drop it, still getting the achievement.