[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

So like, I just felt like discussing how, in tale 1, if you kill a rogue with a longbow, I think it actually makes it harder to get the items, because now one rogue will get both weapons (unless you somehow make it in time to stop the second one too), and only one weapon is dropped. So now I feel dumb.

Also, does anyone feel like forming up a list of all the talk conversations? Because I have a feeling I missed some and it's just kind of bleh.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, does anyone feel like forming up a list of all the talk conversations? Because I have a feeling I missed some and it's just kind of bleh.

[spoiler=Convo List]

In Tale 1, I saw these:

Marcus/Lowen

Rebecca/Lowen

Isadora/Harken

Natalie/Ninian

Natalie/Eliwood

Tale 2:

Heath/Priscilla

Raven/Lucius

Raven/Wil

Geitz/Lucius

Tale 3:

Sain/Kent

Sain/Florina

Lyn/Florina

Lyn/Rath

Lyn/Prasad

There might be stuff with Guy and Dayan, but I didn't check.

Tale 4:

Hawkeye/Louise

Hawkeye/Renault

Pent/Louise

Pent/Canas

Pent/Erk

Canas/Renault

Probably not an exhaustive list.

Edited by Astelaine

I love this hack, the stories are very well-written.

It's also amusing to see the bosses taunt their own healers :D

EDIT: Somehow I just unlocked Tale 1x. Not sure how. Do all the tales have Gaiden chapters? (I know Tale 4 does)

Edited by Ephraim225

EDIT: Somehow I just unlocked Tale 1x. Not sure how. Do all the tales have Gaiden chapters? (I know Tale 4 does)

Just Tales 1 and 4, as far as I know. However, it seems that Tale 3 might have one in the future, since Rath appears in the Tale Select menu after the Tale is completed.

Tale 1x freezes two turns after the southern enemies appear. I have to ask, do you even bug-test this? I mean just seeing the several revisions this hack has gone through cause new bugs as old ones get squished is very jarring.

Tale 1x is the best idea ever, though, so that makes up for it.

Tale 1x freezes two turns after the southern enemies appear. I have to ask, do you even bug-test this? I mean just seeing the several revisions this hack has gone through cause new bugs as old ones get squished is very jarring.

I would assume it was bug-tested, but things do slip through sometimes. Also, I did not encounter this problem playing. Was someone on a ruined village tile as it was being rebuilt? Because I would imagine that would cause the game to freeze, since units can't stand on those tiles.

:facepalm:

Dat's kinda rude to ask :/

Yes Arch bug-tests, and has a bug testing group as well.

That glitch was solved a long time ago, but you're saying it's there huh? Do the map sprites get destroyed in the process?

Just Tales 1 and 4, as far as I know. However, it seems that Tale 3 might have one in the future, since Rath appears in the Tale Select menu after the Tale is completed.

Eh? Really? Didn't appear in my game =/.

Tale 1x is the best idea ever, though, so that makes up for it.

You know what? Go make a game, by yourself, and if you come out with 0 glitches, then come be an ass to me all you'd like. Until you do that, don't insult my hard work. I try my best, but at the end of the day I'm only one person.

Also, this glitch should have been fixed quite some time ago. It was never consistent in its appearance though, so it's not something I can definitively solve. If you can provide a better error report then "OMG THE GAME CRASHES U SUCK DICK!!!" I'd appreciate it. And hey, if you've got any ideas on how to fix it, I'd love to hear that too.

Eh? Really? Didn't appear in my game =/.

You have to fulfill the gaiden requirements for 3x which are already programmed into the game.

Try updating your emulator is possible--i.e. use VBA v1.8.0. if not already. I'm curious to know if the problem is emulator-related. If you don't have the latest patch, try that too. If the problem persists, then I'm guessing Arch would appreciate a savestate right before it happened (or as close to before it happened as you can get) so he can fix it, so if you can do that, that'd be a helpful bug report.

EDIT: Whoops, I opened up this window and meant to post in it, but didn't get a chance to until an hour later, and all these other posts come up. Incuding posts without anything meaningful actually said because it's all scratched out =P

just teasing, don't kill me...

Edited by Luffy

Try updating your emulator is possible--i.e. use VBA v1.8.0. if not already. I'm curious to know if the problem is emulator-related. If you don't have the latest patch, try that too. If the problem persists, then I'm guessing Arch would appreciate a savestate right before it happened (or as close to before it happened as you can get) so he can fix it, so if you can do that, that'd be a helpful bug report.

EDIT: Whoops, I opened up this window and meant to post in it, but didn't get a chance to until an hour later, and all these other posts come up. Incuding posts without anything meaningful actually said because it's all scratched out =P

just teasing, don't kill me...

One could also use NO$GBA, which is the other prominent GBA emulator (which most english-speaking people seem to us)--I believe NO$GBA is a bit more accurate in its emulation anyhow.

But hey, at least I didn't call you out for putting Dimebolt in this game, since Dimebolt drives up a rather unpleasant memory of mine.

What does this have to do with anything at all?

*contemplates using above post back on Seph, decides not to*

One could also use NO$GBA, which is the other prominent GBA emulator (which most english-speaking people seem to us)--I believe NO$GBA is a bit more accurate in its emulation anyhow.

Well tbh most people don't use no$GBA so I doubt anyone tests their games for the emulator meaning that other bugs might possibly come up (and while ideally all emulators would run games the same way, that's just not how it is... D=). In fact, it didn't even occur to me to test any of my hacks on no$GBA, and while I'd like to say "thanks for the idea", that wouldn't make much sense since no one uses it, and so I don't have to worry about optimizing for no$GBA. XD

Buuut anyhow, no point to this discussion, since it was an issue with the game, not the emulator. D=

You know what? Go make a game, by yourself, and if you come out with 0 glitches, then come be an ass to me all you'd like. Until you do that, don't insult my hard work. I try my best, but at the end of the day I'm only one person.

Also, this glitch should have been fixed quite some time ago. It was never consistent in its appearance though, so it's not something I can definitively solve. If you can provide a better error report then "OMG THE GAME CRASHES U SUCK DICK!!!" I'd appreciate it. And hey, if you've got any ideas on how to fix it, I'd love to hear that too.

Yeah, I'd like to say that I'm sorry for that outburst. I behaved very immaturely and I apologize for it. I try my best to take the high road and behave properly, but sometimes my emotions can get the better of me (like everyone else). I've been really stressed by this "glitch city," (PMSing as Celice puts it) and having someone not only report something I believed was fixed long ago, but to do it in such a rude manner just set me off.

Anyways, I hope you guys all enjoy the new release. It should be bug-free, but feel free to report anything important. I'll make any bug-fixes required should the need arise. However, I will be taking a break from making new content for Elibian Nights. I'm just going to kick back and enjoy myself for a while, then return to working on this project. My goal is still to finish this project before I go to college next autumn.

Edited by Optimus OVERTROLL

I went to replay Karel's tale, just to try and beat Karmann. Lost again, but defeated the final cyclops. Then his character disappeared from the select screen.

Also found a bunch of typos, but offhand I can't remember and/or don't care.