Danved

I actually think he's decent.

I find him kinda underrated when people think he sucks because of his mediocre bases. But they just seem to judge by looking at Neph & Aran's stats, seeing as Danved is an in-between of both. He is the balanced Halberdier.

His offense is pretty nice. He gets to double and 1RKO tons of enemies at 2-3 with a Steel Greatlance. And he does come pretty close with an Iron Greatlance as well.

And he's not doing at all bad in the durability department either. His Avo is higher than Neph's for a longer period of time considering his byorythym usually being high.

His Def is alright. It's about the same as Neph's with a higher growth and kinda average at a high level, but that doesn't mean it's bad when he's taking many hits, even in 3-9.

His Res is pretty good. It's slightly lower than Neph's but way better than Aran's.

So he's doing similiar to Nephenee in the offense deparment. And certainly, his concrete durability never matches Aran's.

He isn't at all bad really. If you think of it well, he's at least average by 3-9.

Oh yeah, he has a pretty funny personality as well. In my opinion, the best Halb character-wise

Edited by The leaving song II

Thing with Danved is he's unreliable. His growths just aren't good enough. At best he's serviceable. Neph has reliable spd and skl, Aran has reliable str and def. He can handle himself in the CRK, chapters but I don't trust him in NM and even less so in HM.

Sorry to say this but your PEMN.

Thing with Danved is he's unreliable. His growths just aren't good enough. At best he's serviceable. Neph has reliable spd and skl, Aran has reliable str and def. He can handle himself in the CRK, chapters but I don't trust him in NM and even less so in HM.

Sorry to say this but your PEMN.

And see what I mean? You base yourself and average growths.

I don't base myself on my personal experience. There's a reason why I said he's average on 3-9, and not great.

He does pretty well on HM as well.

His AS is higher than Nephenee's for quite a while.

Aran takes forever to raise, and only really pays out by a small part of Part 3.

Nephenee starts being reliable by half of Part 3, assuming her Str growth.

His problem isn't his stats, or his growths. It's his availability. I don't really want a level 12 Halberdier running around in my army in 3-10 when the rest of my army is borderline 3rd tier.

His problem isn't his stats, or his growths. It's his availability. I don't really want a level 12 Halberdier running around in my army in 3-10 when the rest of my army is borderline 3rd tier.

The man speaks the truth.

He really needs BEXP and/or crown to do much...

EDIT: @soul, neph could be 3rd tier by 3-11 when danved joins.

Edited by Fenrir

You could always give him Geoffrey's/Astrid's Paragon...

Isn't it safe to assume Aran is at a lower level than Danved, and Nephenee slightly higher on HM?

Aran is already doing more that Danved in his chapters. 1-3 (half), 1-4, 1-5, 1-6-1/2, 1-7, 1-8, 1-E, 3-6, 3-12, 3-13, all of which he's decently levelled in. After that, sure, drop him, he's been helping in 9 chapters, four of which are some of, if not, the hardest in the game. Danved has, what, 2-3, 2-E (half), 3-9. 2 1/2 chapters. Then he becomes underlevelled and can't do a whole lot more. Sure, he can catch up easier than Aran, but even after that, all that'll be left is 1/2 P 4 chapters and endgame. So Aran being underlevelled (compared to Danved etc.) doesn't matter much.

Edit: Paragon only lasts for 1 chapter until he joins underlevelled - --/14 is still a fair bit weaker than --/20 units.

Edited by I Eat Tables

The man speaks the truth.

He really needs BEXP and/or crown to do much...

EDIT: @soul, neph could be 3rd tier by 3-11 when danved joins.

I don't see that in HM unless you give her an early promotion. I had a lvl 17 Neph by then given she had Part 2 favoritism.

But it's true. Paragon really does fix him, seeing as the only good candidates are Marcia & Danved. Maybe Makalov.

@IET: Aran isn't really useful in Part 1. He's most likely training by getting kills others get to feed him. He's not reliably tanking until at least Part 3.

Not to mention he is more of a hindrance than of use. You know, consuming BEXP for characters that desire it more, only to be useful by little time and later on.

Danved on the other hand can actually pay off well, and is sorrounded by characters that really aren't worth giving BEXP when they're doing pretty well and won't actualy pay off by Part 4.

Yes. Finally a Danved thread!

I remember fielding him in 4-P on NM. He most certainly wasn't brilliant, but he could hold his own reasonably well. I imagine he remains usable on HM, then, especially if you give him a significant quantity of the kills in his earlier chapters.

Yes. Finally a Danved thread!

I remember fielding him in 4-P on NM. He most certainly wasn't brilliant, but he could hold his own reasonably well. I imagine he remains usable on HM, then, especially if you give him a significant quantity of the kills in his earlier chapters.

a good amount of kills, and a speedwing, to help him on 3-11 along with a paragon for 3-9 and 3-11 to get him on track with mercs

@IET: Aran isn't really useful in Part 1. He's most likely training by getting kills others get to feed him. He's not reliably tanking until at least Part 3.

Not to mention he is more of a hindrance than of use. You know, consuming BEXP for characters that desire it more, only to be useful by little time and later on.

Danved on the other hand can actually pay off well, and is sorrounded by characters that really aren't worth giving BEXP when they're doing pretty well and won't actualy pay off by Part 4.

Danved isn't doing much better himself. 2-3 is a rush chapter, and since it's generally better to get the BEXP than combat exp, he won't be doing much fighting anyway. 2-E he joins half way through and has time to get maybe two-three kills, not more. Then comes 3-10, and in fact Danved can't really get above about level 10 before this without eating into lots of BEXP (and if he does, bye bye decent stats - he'll be gaining HP, LUK, SPD/DEF or occasionally HP, LUK, STR about 90% of the time). Then he goes to the GMs so he can continue trying to get chips and kills for exp until, what, the start of part 4? Aran doesn't need that much training to do some decent stuff - unlike the CRKs and GMs, the DB lack decent tanks, so being able to tank well in part 3 and in fact the end of part 1 is well worth him doing what most DBs have to do anyway - only really Sothe and Zihark don't out of the ones who aren't disappearing.

I guess you're right.

Avaibility is indeed a problem for the CRKs.

I stated I find him underraated because people that aren't well-known to debating or "PEMN" tend to say he's bad because his growths are. And that's about it usually. They don't consider how actually well he performs in his chapters before 3-11.

But I don't think using a Crown on him by 3-9 is a bad idea. I mean, most of the GMs are high-leveled, so it appears not most need it. Danved could use it to actually do pretty great, with a decent chance of activating Impale and double with 23 AS. Add with that Paragon for easy levels.

I guess you're right.

Avaibility is indeed a problem for the CRKs.

I stated I find him underraated because people that aren't well-known to debating or "PEMN" tend to say he's bad because his growths are. And that's about it usually. They don't consider how actually well he performs in his chapters before 3-11.

But I don't think using a Crown on him by 3-9 is a bad idea. I mean, most of the GMs are high-leveled, so it appears not most need it. Danved could use it to actually do pretty great, with a decent chance of activating Impale and double with 23 AS. Add with that Paragon for easy levels.

Yeah, his growths aren't actually that terrible, 40% STR, 45% SPD, 45% DEF isn't a bad spread - could be better, but it's enough. And actually, Crowned 14/1 Danved might do... acceptably in the GM chapters. 25.25 AS with 21 STR probably isn't 2RKOing even on normal, though, and 19.25 DEF, 46.25 HP and 86.5 avoid is... actually, that's not too bad, but I can't remember how that would compare to enemies in 3-10. I think it might be about 4RKOed at decent hit rates? Maybe 3RKOed.

The main problem with Danved is that he doesn't really get to do much. You can raise him up, but by the point he's a decent level, he joins the GMs and he's behind again. Nephenee might start a little behind the GMs, but at least she's able to take kills and dodge well (73.8 avoid at 5/0, which seems fair in 3-2 IIRC, and an avoid growth of 1.7), and once she catches up she's doubling reliably, a pro dodger, and has good skill for Impale, while Aran at the other end, just gets good defence - 2-3RKOed by all of the tigers and cats in 3-6, I think, which is... actually, what's that really worth? Aren't most people 2RKOed there anyway? I don't even know <_<. I'm not a fan or Aran, personally.

The main problem with Danved is that he doesn't really get to do much. You can raise him up, but by the point he's a decent level, he joins the GMs and he's behind again. Nephenee might start a little behind the GMs, but at least she's able to take kills and dodge well (73.8 avoid at 5/0, which seems fair in 3-2 IIRC, and an avoid growth of 1.7), and once she catches up she's doubling reliably, a pro dodger, and has good skill for Impale, while Aran at the other end, just gets good defence - 2-3RKOed by all of the tigers and cats in 3-6, I think, which is... actually, what's that really worth? Aren't most people 2RKOed there anyway? I don't even know <_<. I'm not a fan or Aran, personally.

That's what I was saying, basically. Aran isn't very good, when in relation to the team, he gets 2RKO'd by most enemies. He's only 3RKO'd by the weaker Tigers. His offense is pretty average, as he never doubles.

Also, reguarding the posibility of a 14/1 Danved: It's possible with Paragon.

Why use Danved when you have a plethora of other lance users that outshine him, mainly Nephenee, Gatrie, Oscar. I'd much rather make the most of Marcia than Danved in their chapters. Even in 2-3 and 3-9, He isn't as good as Geoffrey or Kieran, maybe he's a bit better than Makolov and Astrid, and Marcia has mobility.

Why use Danved when you have a plethora of other lance users that outshine him, mainly Nephenee, Gatrie, Oscar. I'd much rather make the most of Marcia than Danved in their chapters. Even in 2-3 and 3-9, He isn't as good as Geoffrey or Kieran, maybe he's a bit better than Makolov and Astrid, and Marcia has mobility.

Not using a character because there are better than them is a poor excuse.

It's the same as to say why use Nephenee when she has worse offense and defence than Gatrie.

And the fact the rest of the CRKs having better Mov isn't saying much past 2-3, where the rest are pretty average, much like Danved. And include the fact they aren't really worth using past that, even if they are thrown Paragon. I'll give you Marcia though, since she isn't a Loladin.

Not using a character because there are better than them is a poor excuse.

It's the same as to say why use Nephenee when she has worse offense and defence than Gatrie.

And the fact the rest of the CRKs having better Mov isn't saying much past 2-3, where the rest are pretty average, much like Danved. And include the fact they aren't really worth using past that, even if they are thrown Paragon. I'll give you Marcia though, since she isn't a Loladin.

It would be a poor excuse if it was Danved's only problem, which it is not.

It would be a poor excuse if it was Danved's only problem, which it is not.

But you said it as if you're restrained to use him just because there is someone better. You weren't considering the fact that the Paladins pretty much suck and aren't worth training.

Using Marcia isn't stopping you from using Danved really. They can both get Paragons and trio 3-9 with Geoffrey or Kieran's help.

But you said it as if you're restrained to use him just because there is someone better. You weren't considering the fact that the Paladins pretty much suck and aren't worth training.

Using Marcia isn't stopping you from using Danved really. They can both get Paragons and trio 3-9 with Geoffrey or Kieran's help.

Because the Paladins are better during 2-3 and 3-9, excluding Mak and Astrid, of course. Marcia doesn't restrain me from using Danved, I was more looking at the BEXP situation, which was mentioned previously. Also, I can only use those three to trio the chapter if I don't care about BEXP, but apparently, I do. Basically Danved has availability, and growths against him, and it wouldn't be as beneficial for me to field him rather than somebody else in the GM chapters he is available.

Edited by Core

Also, reguarding the posibility of a 14/1 Danved: It's possible with Paragon.[/font][/color]

I don't know much about hard mode, but I got him to --/14 in 3-9 without any favoritism but Paragon and only a couple of levels of BEXP. And without even fielding him in 3-11 and 3-E, he was still able to be of use in 4-P. Especially if you've got a horseslayer.

Note to all: Bring a horseslayer to 4-P.

Edited by Fayt Zelpher