Best/Worst in the Series: Round 48 (Take Two!)

NinjaMonkey

That's exactly what Myrmidons with 12 base skill need, is hit. I'm sure their 11 might will break through all foes.

Let's face it, if you're going to use a rubbish weapon, take a rubbish weapon with like 5% more chance of a kill.

W-What...-___-

I'll just let it go from here, most likely.

Well done sir.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly what Myrmidons with 12 base skill need, is hit. I'm sure their 11 might will break through all foes.

Let's face it, if you're going to use a rubbish weapon, take a rubbish weapon with like 5% more chance of a kill.

That's a poor defense of the Slim Sword, really. I'd rather take 2 extra MT over an insignificant boost to crit as far as swords are concerned. Also, there's the fact that Slim Swords are more expensive than Iron Swords despite having the durability of a steel weapon. I don't see 5 extra crit as worth the tradeoff for 3 Mt and steel sword durability.

Edited by Ein Lanford

Best weapon: Steel Greatlance (great overall, 1 more MT and 5 more uses than the Silver Lance for a lower price/Hit and higher Wt that all your 3rd tiers wouldn't care about). But really, Steel weapons in general, since they give you more WEx than Iron in the English games. The Steel Axe's purpose is to get paladins/heroes/generals to raise that Axe rank faster so they can use the Brave Axe/Tomahawk/other cool axes. Honourable Mentions: all iron weapons and basic tomes excepting Tellius, for their big uses, cheapness and versatility. I've found Bronze weapons to be useful for Ike/Titania to weaken enemies, and the Shinon-disarm/Heather-steal combo.

Worst Weapon: Iron Longbow, the steel one is at least more powerful/useful and the Silver one is just too expensive. Mentions unworthy of honor: FE9 Light, because of things mentioned by Fayt Zelpher, and its FE10 counterpart Ellight (forged Light can be stronger and cheaper, making Ellight epic fail).

-I nominate Best/worst Skill combos

Edited by Silent Mercenary

Best weapon: Steel Greatlance (great overall, 1 more MT and 5 more uses than the Silver Lance for a lower price/Hit and higher Wt that all your 3rd tiers wouldn't care about). But really, Steel weapons in general, since they give you more WEx than Iron in the English games. The Steel Axe's purpose is to get paladins/heroes/generals to raise that Axe rank faster so they can use the Brave Axe/Tomahawk/other cool axes. Honourable Mentions: all iron weapons and basic tomes excepting Tellius, for their big uses, cheapness and versatility. I've found Bronze weapons to be useful for Ike/Titania to weaken enemies, and the Shinon-disarm/Heather-steal combo.

Worst Weapon: Iron Longbow, the steel one is at least more powerful/useful and the Silver one is just too expensive. Mentions unworthy of honor: FE9 Light, because of things mentioned by Fayt Zelpher, and its FE10 counterpart Ellight (forged Light can be stronger and cheaper, making Ellight epic fail).

-I nominate Best/worst Skill combos

Except for Steel Lances in the GBA FEs, since most non-Knight lance users get weighed down by them. Also, I'd use a Bowgun for having Shinon disarm instead of a Bronze Bow since the Mt isn't affected by levels.

I'd say that Longbows in general were rip-offs and not worth using at all in RD. Also, Marksmen made them obsolete.

Edited by Ein Lanford

You're right about the GBA Steel Lance, although its +2WEx is useful until your units can use better lances (Killer Lance B) ). I used Bowguns too, but he sometimes criticaled early in the game and killed them.

Edited by Silent Mercenary

You're right about the GBA Steel Lance, although its +2WEx is useful until your units can use better lances (Killer Lance B) ). I used Bowguns too, but he sometimes criticaled early in the game and killed them.

I'd rather just use an Iron Lance until I hit C rank because unless you're a Knight, it's not worth being weighed down by a Steel Lance; it's not like WEXP is that hard to get in the GBA games, after all. (Well, other than FE6.)

Edited by Ein Lanford

So? Silver weapons have even worse hit, so I fail to see your point.

FE GBA silvers have 5 more hit than FE GBA steels. If you were following the flow of the discussion, I was referring to those games.

EDIT: Yeah, what RF said.

Edited by dondon151

Steel weapons have terrible hit, too.

And that's especially true in FE6.

So? Silver weapons have even worse hit, so I fail to see your point.

That's not true in most FE games.

EDIT: I got doubled...

Edited by Ein Lanford

I come back, and this topic is running off in three different directions.

My RNG luck makes it so that I'm blessed with a bunch of glass cannons. I'll clean up after my units once the enemy's done, rather than wonder where my units went because I didn't use my enemies as a wall.