Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Which Characters do you want in?

Dark Sage

Marvel: Obviously Spiderman, Rogue, Psylocke, Iceman, Punisher, Ghostrider, Venom, Magneto, Luke Cage, Nick Fury(the Samuel L. Jackson verson), Ms. Marvel, Bullseye, Ronin, Hawkeye, and Cyclops.

Capcom: Ken, Seth, Juri, Cammy, C. Viper, Rufus(ROFL), Seth, Guile, Blanka, Megaman, Zero, Jill Valentine, Leon S. Kennedy, Vergil, Viewtiful Joe, Frank West, and Phoenix Wright(I'm not kidding...)

Edited by Namie Amuro

THOR! Also Red Skull and Black Panther for the Marvel side.

For Capcom, King Arthur and Haggar would be nice.

For characters Marvel-wise, I don't have a huge roster of desired heroes. They're all based on shit I want to see that haven't been in the series before, though. Carnage, Thor, and Sentry would be somewhat neat.

Capcom-wise, however, there is a massive slew of characters I would love to see, some of which have already been seen. Chun-li and Ryu are must-haves, and if Mega Man were to stay in the game I would want him to be X since that would be better. Also, I'd totally like to see Ryu from Breath of Fire (either 3 or 4) in there. Arthur from Ghosts n' Goblins (or Maximo from his game) would be pretty sweet, and Jubei or Sanosuke from Onimusha would be cool. Also, even though it would be completely impossible to do, the idea of Phoenix Wright being in the title sounds pretty awesome.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

I remember reading that Thor is confirmed, and that's all I really want from Marvel.

For Capcom, I want Ryu and/or Rei and Garr (all from III), Gene (God Hand), Phoenix Wright and maybe Edgeworth too, Sigma and Jon Talbain. I'm not sure who else, but Wesker is allegedly confirmed, among others, so I'm fine for now.

For Marvel I definitely want Gambit, JUGGERNAUT BITCH and Venom in. The Silver Surfer would be a nice addition as well.

On Capcom's side, bring in at least Akuma, Dan the Man and a grappler from Street Fighter (not very picky between Zangief, Alex or even Hugo) and maybe Sagat. Street Fighter aside, Frank West and Saki are also welcome in my eyes. Add a couple of Mega Man characters, maybe a Ryu/Nina from a Breath of Fire, Arthur, Demitri, Viewtiful Joe and someone from Onimusha. Finally, maybe a return of Cyber-Akuma as well.

There's no such thing as "worst" characters when it comes to fighting games. It depends on the users and how they play the characters, so no Spiderman does not suck.

Also seeing as Spiderman has always been one of Marvel's figure heads, you can easily guess that he'd be in.

Edited by Namie Amuro

There's no such thing as "worst" characters when it comes to fighting games. It depends on the users and how they play the characters, so no Spiderman does not suck.

This is a poor theory and is so overplayed it's ridiculous.

Even in the perfect fighting game where you are choosing one fighter as your 'main', characters would be designed to have bad match ups and good match ups against others. In a game where you're asked to choose 3 characters, chances that one of those bad match ups pops up is far more likely.

So in a game with just theoretical perfect balance(where each character's total advatanges and disadvantages among all matchups is even, not really possible in fighting games), even if the character were well balanced by, say, being far best against 10 of 30 characters but being bad against 15, they'd still be one of the worst characters in the game unless every character were designed the same way, simply because of the amount of teams that could take him out.

And, of course, the balance was bad in the last game on top of that.

Spiderman was bad. His best player likely would only redeem him with an otherwise stacked team. Chances are he still couldn't compete well. He's so bad that, when players go to use a low tier character for shock or some utility vs. certain high tier characters, his name STILL doesn't come into play.

Edited by bunny: Now with Pancakes

Phoenix Wright and someone from Breath of Fire (seriously, what's with their non-appearances? SE owns the US distribution rights for BoF1, but what stops the other 4 3 games?)

Also seeing as Spiderman has always been one of Marvel's figure heads, you can easily guess that he'd be in.

I can easily see how objectively be the worst (die in 1 hit with a huge hit box and do no damage?)

Edited by deuxhero