Hey everyone

spralwers

Hey everyone!

Anyone who was on FESS might remember me. I was a vet there and while my account name was this, I went by Fei Long.

Just due to stuff happening in life I kind of disappeared from those forums, and then recently I wondered how everyone was doing. I went to the most recent FESS, frowned that the place closed down, but was pretty happy to read that people have been relocating here.

I don't really play fire emblem anymore because I don't have the systems the games come out on, but I've had so much playtime with the SNES and GBA ones that they've become a permanent part of me. So naturally I want to be around people who have similar feelings. I've just gotta have a place to go to thats filled with fire emblem lovers, you know?

The most relevant you thing you should know about me though is that I am a ROM hacker. In fact I got into ROM hacking 5-6 years ago when I was at FESS. I stopped because I wasn't interested in devoting the necessary time. Recently though, after taking a class on hardware design and computer architecture and learning ASM, my interest in ROM hacking has shoot through the roof. If youre curious about the ASM I learned, I learned MIPS, which is the ASM that the processors in the N64, GCN, PSX, PS2 and PSP use. So theoretically I can program all of those systems :D If you're curious about what major I'm in which would force me to take that class like that, I'm in electrical engineering.

I am fully devoted to learning how to hack the SNES. I've spent the last few days learning its ASM and its been going good. I actually wouldn't mind doing a hack for the SNES FEs somewhere down the road, but I am currently working on revamping Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie, because the Power Rangers series actually needs a good game.

Anyway, its great to be back on a board full of fire emblem people. Looking forward to meeting some new fans of the games and reconnecting with old friends.

Edited by spralwers