The Reaper's Mugs/Sprites/Trash

TheReaper

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've noticed with your hair shading that it's really chunky. Like, it looks more like thick clothing than it looks like hair.

Maybe look at Gale, Guy, and maybe Saleh for how hair should look coming out of a headband. The face needs more shading, as his hair and that headband are covering it, so, it shouldn't be so light.

As for the cloak, just smooth it out. Again, chunky.

For the half body part, look at Vamp's 1/3 bodies and go from there. He's probably got the best ones on this site.

any better Seph? i tried to reference my sketch more than my brain. I couldnt see any of Vamp's half bodies with capes like Vinnie. And Vamp hates me so he'd never let me even look at his sprites.

So..I re did his cape and stripped his hair. Top of face is also darker to try and give him a more darker look.

haldbody.png

cantbedenied.png

Dontclickifyoudontlikeyaoi

Edited by TheReaper

Face where the hair covers it needs shading, and needs a little more shading on the left (OPV)

And, why does Vamp hate you? And, even if he does, that doesn't mean you can't reference his sprites.

Vince is too thin and his arms are extremely wonky.

ugh i dont wanna reference that idiots sprites. he thinks hes better than everyone else. im being so serious, vamp doesnt know im saying any of this

thanks for the anatomy critique seph. time to fatten vincent up

Edited by TheReaper

Gosh R[a]per you're such a meanie.................................

*runs off crying*

[spoiler=] [/size]Gosh reaper you're such a smelly poo bum head!

HAETHAETHAETHAETHAET /nerdraegggg!!!111one!1

Reapers silly and she doesn't know im typing any of this

*snickers*

... like the chocolate

(this is not spam)

[spoiler=Cranky Ronald McDonald lady!!!] 52263da9384ca3a7ad4aae0c5e9f0cff.png

Here's the updated version and the arm down, I also made closed eyes ;)

Edited by Vampire Elf

The show down :P

Vamp!!!! Im meant to be sleeping... XD I love my iPod

Ofcourse I don't hate Vamp, he's too awesome :D *huggles Vamp*

now please can you give me some advice on Vinnie Vampy

I figured this wasn't serious as soon as I saw technicolor Vamp comment.

And, one more thing for Vince, I think you should make more strands of hair instead of those long clumps he has. I think it would make the hair bettah.

AND, DAMMIT, VAMP, YOU'VE MADE ALL MY COMMENTS ITALIC!

Edited by seph1212

So ...sirius our fighting was. I'm working on his hair now, well before I was told oi sleep girl, you've got school tomorrow /rage*

When I made him wider he looked abit too fat XD* or maybe that's just 'cause I like super skinny bishies * XD

Edited by TheReaper

Loool why are all the comments italicized and bold, quite funny.

Syrene's hair might be an ok point of reference when shading Vincent's, the whole long strands coming from a headband thing is a common feature between the 2.

His face is quite well done, but your cloth shading belies that of the overall appearance of the sprite, it's like it gets lost under the rough cloth shading, first and foremost with the hair I'd suggest trying to get a smooth clean outline and block colours before continuing onto shading it.

I dno, this thing is probably too thin but I was just trying to mess around and get the pose a bit more natural and have things a bit more in proportions, possibly failed a bit at it haha cause as I said he's like manorexic. But you kinda liked the ano Karel so i dno hahaha.

fec403b91708f12c64810804cdf60c1b.png

Edited by Vampire Elf

* stares at Vamp * :D thank you sir mentor XD ...sorry if I sounded demanding btw. So his cloth needs smoothing, hmmm I think Matthew or Renaud could be good references.

@ the body drawing, lawl manorexic. I'll see what I can do with poses. I was gonna have him more with arms quite straight with his hands more clenched, like he's angry or something like that. So thank you Vampy. Am I alright referencing your body sketch?

Fubinna_Vincent_by_Kitchigai_Koji_2.jpg

Edited by TheReaper