Why is final destination so popular?

Blue Knight

I like to play all the stages, but playing Final Destination every so often isn't so bad. Just as long as every match isn't played there.

Edited by Desdemona

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play all serious matches either there or battlefield. I have really bad luck with bio-hazards >_< Though I like the Zelda levels because of that's my favorite series of music in the game.

That is why most 'prof.' people like Battlefield and Final Destination. They're simple fields that provide minimal natural hazards (compared to other stages).

Whenever I have a duel with one of my friends, I always pick Final Destination regardless. (As the last match of course).

Well, it is pretty fun, though...

I mean it's just like the actual game, which is pretty cool. Even the secrets.

Not really. Reflecting characters are very cheap on that stage.

Not really. Reflecting characters are very cheap on that stage.

Yeah but it's also a great place to learn how to floor tech in the game. Since the crabs and turtles produce enough power to put you on your back

Yeah but it's also a great place to learn how to floor tech in the game. Since the crabs and turtles produce enough power to put you on your back

What do you mean by floor tech?

What do you mean by floor tech?

The one that where you get sent flying horizontaly when you shield about 20 frames before you hit the floor, you roll in the direction of the way you are tilting the controller.

The one that where you get sent flying horizontaly when you shield about 20 frames before you hit the floor, you roll in the direction of the way you are tilting the controller.

Oh, that. It still doesn't help much when getting back.

Smash Brothers is not a fighting game. Therefore, Final Destination fails. It's unbalanced and items are overpowered there.

If you want a serious hardcore match against me, Battlefield >>>>>>> Final Destination.

Final Destination is off my random map rotation. I don't think we've played it multiplayer a single time, my group of friends and I. One of them was a tournyfag back in Melee and used to ONLY pick that stage, and we all got sick of it, especially because he couldn't beat us without wavedashing. I'm so glad they fixed that exploit.

That said, I think my favorite stage is Shadow Moses Island.

Smash Brothers is not a fighting game

Does anyone else agree with me that there is something wrong with this statement?

So, smash bros is a skill game? You just have to have the right skills to hit the buttons at the right time? And the fighting brawling meleeing characters movements... are the result of the button pushing?

(sorry to be so blunt and upfront, but seriously, you kinda had it coming...)

I think, he is being a asshole.

I'm just saying that it's kinda hard (more like impossible) to picture the smash bros series as NOT being fighting games

Shit, no not you CGV, i am talking about sandmancci.

oh right, well anyway, I like FD because the stage can't screw anyone up so it's an even and fair match. A little change is good though, but not for tournaments