[FE6] [Draft Round 2

Radiant Dragon

The first FE6 draft hasn't seen much activity for a while, so I wonder if there will be enough interest in another one. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Credit goes to Oval for the idea, etc.

5 participants (4 + myself), everyone gets Roy, Marcus(for the entire game this time, because I think that makes more sense), Merlinus, Fa + 10 draftees.

I don't think Rutger is necessary for boss-killing, since Marcus is good enough for early game, and when he starts to slow down your other draftees should be able to handle them. If I'm wrong though, feel free to correct me.

Rules:

1. Normal Mode, unless everyone wants Hard Mode.

2. Undrafted characters can NOT be used to meatshield or enter battle in any way(unequipped or otherwise). They may only: trade, visit shops(but not villages), recruit other characters, and rescue other undrafted characters. Four turn penalty for breaking this rule, per unit per chapter.

3. Pick order will be randomized, and will be a snake draft (1,2,3,4,5,5,4,3,2,1... etc.).

4. No RNG abuse or cheating, obviously(yet it needs to be said).

5. Thieves can be used to pick stuff up in the desert.

Chapter 20x(both routes) no longer counts toward your turncount. Do not spend a ridiculous amount of turns here to boss/support abuse.

Participants and drafting order:

1. Silvercrow

2. Radiant Dragon

3. Former Guest

4. Ezra

5. Aquilae

Parties:

Silvercrow: Alan, Saul, Chad, Gonzales, Fir, Klein, Treck, Hugh, Bors, Wendy

Radiant Dragon: Dieck, Lugh, Zealot, Tate, Echidna, Lalum, Sue, Igrene, Barth, Dayan

Former Guest: Geese, Lot, Ellen, Oujay, Astohl, Lilina, Elphin, Garret, Bartre, Dorothy

Ezra: Lance, Rutger, Thany, Ray, Shin, Cecilia, Ward, Wolt, Yunno, Sophia

Aquilae: Clarine, Miledy, Noah, Percival, Cath, Niime, Zeiss, Yodel, Douglas, Karel

Edited by Radiant Dragon

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll do it, so long as I can find the time, I'm busy Wednesday, Thursday and Friday but I'm fairly fast when it comes to playing fire emblem so I can probably make up for lost time no problem.

I like Normal mode when I do draft playthroughs.

I'll sign up, since FE6 is at least a good cut above most other installments on normal difficulty. Randomizing the draftees......probably more constricted than everyone including myself thinks due to those route-specific characters.

Edited by Former Guest

If you're already down to picking between Yuno and Dayan, I somehow don't think you'll be hurt too bad if you pick the wrong route. Echidna, Bartre and Lalum/Elphin are chosen purposefully, so...

Perhaps Lalum/Elphin should be combined?

Edited by Silvercrow

Randomizing the draftees......probably more constricted than everyone including myself thinks due to those route-specific characters.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, unfortunately... If you're talking about Rule 3 in the OP however, I meant that the order in which we pick the characters will be random(no picking slots), not that everyone's getting random characters.

Speaking of the Rules list, I just realized it goes from 3 to 5... Fixed.

As for Lalum/Elphin being combined, I'm not sure. Being separate lets two people have refreshers(which are great units), and it's not like Ninils, where they switch with each other and share stats.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

I'd opt in because I'm a junkie, but I'm the only one working on the previous draft and these levels are taking willpower to make myself do.

If there's still a slot in a few days, though...

With Aquilae joining, we can start drafting. This will be the order:

1. Silvercrow

2. Radiant Dragon

3. Former Guest

4. Ezra

5. Aquilae

The first post will be updated to show the order. Silvercrow, go ahead and pick. If anyone has any questions, ask them now.

Ah christ I'm picking first? Bleh...

Alan, I suppose... prolly gonna regret that!

EDIT: what's your stance on thieves? I'm guessing you probably can't loot chests or doors with them, but what about desert treasures?

Edited by Silvercrow

If we do go on to Idoun (I sorta assumed we would), Fa should be free use since she's forced for the last few chapters.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that, we're going to Idoun. And I agree with making Fa free, so unless anyone has any objections...

Added everyone's picks to the OP, and added Yodel to the list of draftable characters, because I forgot about him.

It's easy to forget about a promoted unit who has a base attack speed of 10. Suffice it to say a raised Ellen generally throttles Cecilia in offense and durability.......I can picture her firing off Aureola more often at the end than Cecilia with Forblaze. She's mostly reduced to this far-reaching staff crutch even on normal.