Angelic Devotion Chat

Kanami

Does anyone respect time? I mean I said 30 minutes XD Ah well, no biggie, just found it amusing.

i won't lie, at this point i've completely lost track of whatever timeline we're supposed to be on

it looks like no one is really worrying about that anymore

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I have a post that's not about Hubert burning or wanting to burn something I've gone off off the shallow end and I give permission to kill him.

This seems like a very.... shallow, one-dimensional character.

Also, I sense a magic duel in the future.

i won't lie, at this point i've completely lost track of whatever timeline we're supposed to be on

it looks like no one is really worrying about that anymore

I've noticed XD Ah well, new time correction. Fort Talgusta is now completely aflame, people should now be in that general timeslot.

@Shallow Character

I agree, a character that just wants to set things on fire is very shallow. However Hubert has so far accomodated his "Fire, Fire! FIRE!" ranting with significant indications of the "Superiority" complex alot of Tolmaeans have. So calling him a shallow character isn't something I can agree with. Though that said, I can see how people might think of him at shallow at this stage. He'll most likely develop different characteristics as things progress.

@Script

Where the hell were you in LoAF when we were in Elysimma? XD I could have used an arson buddy back then/

salvaged

more like i leave for an hour, and come back to find that i've been CC'd out of the situation that i wrote myself into and fully intended to address without having my char run away like a sissy

lol, fail

here is purg's post

"Ivan! Get Rakka, leave the soldiers to the new arrivals!" he shouted, climbing back on the horse. He reached down, grabbing Kieru by the arm, breathing out a quick apology as he set her in the saddle again. "Let her do all the work until Andra wakes up, follow me as best as you can!" With that, he nudged the horse's sides suddenly, bolting from the barn, knocking over one knight trying to rise that had gotten in their way.

notice the wording of the passage

laterite states what he thinks ivan should do/wants ivan to do, but nowhere are ivan's actions/responses actually stated or assumed

i agree, purg is credit to team

Right, I was referring to realistic battle conditions. In a controlled one-on-one duel, the sword will be superior, but that's such a specialized case, much like the swordsman having superior "agility/cunning/ingenuity".

I didn't exactly mean a controlled duel, but rather a life or death situation. Also uh, agility/cunning/ingenuity can really apply to anyone, not just swordsmen. I just used it there to say how a swordsman can defeat his disadvantage.

I don't agree with games that have dodgy characters, real life usually means that if someone thrusted a spear at you, you're dead. Unless it missed for some reason, either way "misses" wouldn't happen very often.

Of course, fiction tends to exaggerate a lot of things, but a very fast person is not far from reality. Not at all:

* Lee's striking speed from three feet with his hands down by his side reached five hundredths of a second.

* In a speed demonstration, Lee could snatch a dime off a person's open palm before they could close it, and leave a penny behind.

* Lee could throw grains of rice up into the air and then catch them in mid-flight using chopsticks.

* Lee's combat movements were at times too fast to be captured on film for clear slow motion replay using the traditional 24 frames per second of that era, so many scenes were shot in 32 frames per second for better clarity.

But I'll stop cluttering your topic now.

Edited by Nightmare

Let's see. Fort's burned to the ground and I don't think that anyone is still in there. At least, I don't know if anyone is still there or not.

Huh. From what I saw, I think Shizunai is still there. And Bullet, obviously.

This is why I shouldn't go off with the school band until 8:00

Clarification on what's going on would be nice, Where are we all?

*Bad sign when the RP Leader doesn't know what's going on*

Sounds like some of are at the barn, others seem to still be in the fort, but the events are occuring simultaneously in the same place. (EG Arias and Beatrice) Beatrice seems to be at some sort of barn throwing farming tools around, while Arias is leaving the fort with Beatrice.

Is the barn inside the Fort? I figured the barn wasn't considering how only five guards turned up.

And here I go, continuing to ruin this RP... Try not to be too hard on me... :/

Also, Beatrice and Arias just had a run in with guards. They fought off the guards, and now their trying to hightail it out of there before things really get bad (and more guards show up.)

Edited by Cocytus

Of course, fiction tends to exaggerate a lot of things, but a very fast person is not far from reality. Not at all:

////

But I'll stop cluttering your topic now.

Being "fast" doesn't have much to do with dodging attacks, Unless trying to get from one spot to another. It's more reflex and perception. Assuming that's what you meant under normal circumstance one 'seasoned' warrior isn't going to be able to defeat several others, not head on at least anyway. Dodging attacks isn't easy by any means. Using real-life examples when two people fight, most of the punches and kicks will hit their target. Even moreso if it's 3~5 people against one.

You could argue that your character is alot more.... battle-hardened then the typical brawler in real life, however the opposite is also true and the guards/bandits/soldiers would be faster, more accurate and skillful with a weapon then an average person in real life.

@Cluttering Topic

Chat topics are never cluttered XD It's pretty much an all purpose discussion thread anyway :P

@Cocytus

Don't worry, that's what the experienced writers are here for, to cover up our mistakes XD So with the exception of a few, we're mainly near or at the barn? Probably best for those who aren't there to head towards the barn or meet up with others. *Bullet, Shizunai, Hubert etc*

Edited by Kanami