Change and development

Hero

In life we get a lot of mixed signals.

One of the biggest goals, for almost everybody, is self-improvement. And even among those who see no flaws in themselves, who doesn't wish to go back and redo some earlier stage of life with a more current value-set?

We all look for improvement and see it in ourselves, but at moments this all breaks down. Ideas and emotions from a long time ago make themselves heard again, and we realize we've been the same person at the core of it since early childhood.

For a lot of people, these moments make them give up their goals, at least momentarily. If nothing ever changes, what can be accomplished?

I say those people are full of shit. Things do change. You just have to think about it for a moment, and you'll know it's true.

I'll even give you an example from my own life.

Yesterday, my favorite Pokemon was Marshtomp. This had been my favorite Pokemon for years, and it seemed like things would never change. At that time, Marshtomp to me embodied all that a Pokemon should be right down to the single fin on its head, and no other Pokemon could fill that space more completely.

But today, everything changed. That place where Marshtomp was before, that crazy pants-lizard from Pokemon Black and White is now.

Who else thinks pants-lizard is pretty cool?

24gt6rt.jpg