Has anyone tried beating Fire Emblem Thracia 776?

I find it tough to go on with a story-based game if I have no practical way to tell what's going on. I stopped a couple of chapters in when I realized the text wasn't getting any less japanese.

I'm on the chapter before the final one, an I personally don't think the game is as hard as everyone says.

The chapter with Cyas as an enemy is pretty insane, and getting Xavier is a nightmare, but other than that its not too bad.

Yeah, finished the game once, playing it again right now (and going route B, so that'll make it harder :x). Prison chapter, what many claim to be the hardest, was a complete pushover. Machyua pretty much took the whole chapter on by herself. Felgus I had risen to a B-Rank in Swords, so he equipped an Armor Killer along with a Fire Sword from Eyvale. Him and Dalshein kept the guys at the top from doing much. Chapter right after was sad-short, and not because of Sety D:

Eh, hopefully it picks up soon. The chapter I remember hating most was the one where Selfina and her knights join and you have to defend a house--I always had a hard time getting over there in time :/

I still think Maniac Mode in Souen is the hardest. This one just was really wonky mechanics, and almost bad gameplay--you can tell this was the sort of game you wouldn't see commercially, as it seemed, in all aspects, kinda... rushed, or at least low in quality, compared to the other games. Other Nintendo Power games weren't the same, too much; Super Famicom Wars seemed a bit thicker than this, and that's all about gameplay >.>

• 3 weeks later...
Once you barely start raising Othin and Halvan, you see heads fly too. Othin especially. Hicks isn't so bad himself, either~

Well, of course. But since you're using Othin and Halvan in the beginning and better be leveling them up anyway...it's more of a gimme. Perhaps Machuya is, too. At least Shiva requires a little tactic to get past him first, then recruit him...

Well worth it.

Dalshein...I think I killed him because it was too much of a bother to recruit him with all those armors that didn't like my units that much :/

I've finished it once. I don't know how many times I had to restart the final chapter, but at least Asvel two-hit-KO'ed Beldo. Fatigue wasn't a big problem though, since I rotated out characters in chapters I deemed less challenging.

And stuff Leaf with the Sety Scroll or something. He needs the speed.

Edited by Cephas