Return of The Emblem Information & Signup

Phoenix

Team Valcyn's got a challenge coming up (Challenge being an optional fight that unlocks one or two things when completed). It'd be a bit rough trying to slip Cless into that, and he'd need his stats worked out (current system version) to participate in the battle. Just want to note that really quick here. It's doable if you'd rather join sooner than later, but otherwise the group will be preparing to head east afterward ... assuming nothing tragic happens.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright then. If you've got any questions in the meantime, let me know. Since you're waiting til post-challenge, you don't need to worry about most of the current rules in the opening post other than leveling and stats. You can look over the update files in my sig/chat thread to get a better idea of how the update's actually going to look, though.

Alright then, I'll send you some information on that in a pm later today. Anyone else interested in joining Team Sanctuary as one of the ship captain's hires, let me know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Veronika "sells" her Iron Sword (iron filings?) +20 points

Veronika "buys" Crippling Sword(DEF) -75 points

4 points remaining

--

Lysandra has joined the party!

Name: Lysandra(surname unknown)
Nickname: Miss Lysandra
Class: Level 3 Warlock
Affinity: Light
Weapon proficiency: Anima
Weapon of Choice:
Inventory:
Weapon 1: Advanced Shield Tome (Anima, Earth)
Weapon 2:
Special Item: Plate Mail
Consumable: Revival Potion
Book:
Raw Stats: HP: 10 STR: 0 MAG: 12 SKL: 8 SPD: 7 LCK: 1 DEF: 3 RES: 2
Simplified Stats: HP is 30, MT is 12, Hit is 10, AS is 7, EVD is 8, Defense is 7, Resistance is 11.
Nature/Disposition: Curious, nosy, sometimes cryptic
Hometown: Ursentius
Connections: Gabriel (adoptive son), Reina Valcyn (student), The Organization?

Backstory: Lysandra has been a private magic teacher for young students for several decades. She is vague about her life beyond this.

Intended Team: Team Valcyn

Edited by -Cynthia-

• 5 weeks later...

Yep. Signups are always open. We're in the middle of a big overhaul though, and roll20's required for future battles, so bear that in mind. Update details are linked in my signature.

Name: Ray

Nickname: N/A

Class: Tactician (Lv. 8[Tier 1])

Weapon Pro.: Sword and Anima

Wea Of Choice: One-handed swords, and lighter tomes.

Inventory: Thunder, Rune Edge(Iron Sword)

Raw Stats: HP: 3(+4) Str: 4 Mag: 8 Skl: 6 Spd: 6 Lck: 7 Def: 4 Res:4

Sim Stats HP: 21(12 from skill) Mt: 4+(Sw)/8+(Tome) Hit: 7 AS: 6 Evade: 13 Def & Res:4

Skill: Robust

(Edit)Backstory: Ray, as a traveler, has seen many lands; yet call none his homeland. His parent taught his the arts of blade and magic, before the succumbed to illness. As he was raised form a human-Avian couple, he can feel the emotions of those around him. Always trying to look for inspiration of a great story of his own.

App: Green eyes, Shortish spiky black hair, Lightish skin, Niether fat nor skinny; more of lean, A red robe on top of a white long-sleeved shirt, tan trousers(Pants?), white thin glasses, and brown shoes.

Team: Sanctuary.

Edited by Malfaria
Decided to up level.

More importantly hybrids between humans and avians are impossible, so you'll have to scrap that part altogether. Being raised by a human/avian pairing is fine since that does happen, but they couldn't both be the parents. Also I highly recommend reading the avian article before signing up any avian characters. I wouldn't be comfortable approving avian characters from rpers new to the setting otherwise, even if everything else in the signup was fine.

OK, so a couple things aside from lore:

You are entitled to a free Skill, with any other skills costing 100 points to acquire. Take note of the level requirements, however. Here is the skill list, for reference:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E-l5NhuFcKqg4ctSwjctwyiLW_o1hPfUz0P1LAEykYA

You might want to indicate what tier your character is (1,2,or 3) by using the appropriate title. As it stands, a Level 3 Tactician is only tier 1, so you would have base stats + 6 points to work with, which is way below your raw stats. Alternately you could indicate the exact level you are, counting up from 1. In that example, a Level 1 Strategist would be a Level 6 Tactician, and a Level 1 Grandmaster would be a Level 11 Tactician.

As it stands, your current simple stats amount to 50, which is an erroneous amount. Depending on whether you want to be a Level 3 Strategist (tier 2 or Level 8) or a Level 1 Grandmaster (tier 3 or Level 11), you are either 8 points over (42) or two points short (52). In addition, your MAG is at 12, which is either 4 points or 2 points over the cap at those respective levels, so those points need to be cut/moved, respectively.

If you opt to take the lower level, you could simply drop your MAG to 8 and take the Robust skill, which grants 4 raw HP while equipped. Your raw line would look like this:

HP: 7 Str: 4 Mag: 8 Skl: 6 Spd: 6 Lck: 7 Def: 4 Res:4

While your simplified might would be 8 for your tome and otherwise unchanged.

Incidentally, your HIT simplified is 7, not 8, as it is a 25% bonus rounding down, not up.

Hope this helps.

Just a couple more corrections, Mal:

I take it you're meaning to start at Tier 2 Level 3, so you should note that instead of Tier 1 Level 3 (only 26 points+the 12 HP from robust otherwise lol). Assuming it's 2-3 then only the HP needs correcting, so the stats should be ...

Raw Stats: HP: 3(+4) Str: 4 Mag: 8 Skl: 6 Spd: 6 Lck: 7 Def: 4 Res:4
Sim Stats HP: 9(+12) Mt: 4+(Sw)/12+(Tome) Hit: 7 AS: 6 Evade: 13 Def: 4 Res:4

You can make as many changes as you want prior to your character partaking in a stat battle, so don't feel like you're locked into anything just yet.

Ray's still listed as a tier 1 but I'm just going to assume that's a typo. Should still fix it for posterity, though. Anyway, no other problems I'm seeing. Ray approved (sorry for the long delay). Besides PM and the chat thread on SF, the rp also has a channel on IRC and on skype. I recommend using at least one of these to stay on top of things.