• Replies 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zak Something

• CrashGordon94

• Robert Stewart

• Ein

Have you ever read anything by Shel Silverstein?

5 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Favorite video game console?

That's a tough one. I think the winner would be 3DS because it's portable and I use it a lot more than everything else, but I also really love GBA, PS1, N64, GCN, and Wii. And everything else that wasn't made by Atari, Sega, or Microsoft.

That's a tough one. I think the winner would be 3DS because it's portable and I use it a lot more than everything else, but I also really love GBA, PS1, N64, GCN, and Wii. And everything else that wasn't made by Atari, Sega, or Microsoft.

46 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

I am pretty sure you quad-posted.

But to answer your question: Yes, I read Where the Sidewalk Ends and liked it a lot. My favorite poems were the Unicorn Song and Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout.

Have you ever read anything by Rabindranath Tagore?

2 hours ago, Ottokar said:

I am pretty sure you quad-posted.

But to answer your question: Yes, I read Where the Sidewalk Ends and liked it a lot. My favorite poems were the Unicorn Song and Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout.

Have you ever read anything by Rabindranath Tagore?

Oh wow! I was wondering why it was taking so long to load. Well, yet another innocent bystander is introduced to Serene's Forest's infamous double-posting epidemic!

I've never heard of him. Why don't you tell me what's so great about Rabindranath Tagore?

Rabindranath Tagore was a poet, writer, social activist, and Nobel laureate from the Bengal region. He is known for having influenced (Mahatma and Indira) Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru, to name a few. He is also responsible for the national anthems of India and Bangladesh.

Here are a few facts about him.

Here's a poem of his.

So what do you think?

How many languages do you know?

8 hours ago, Clarine said:

How frequently do you utter colloquial terms such as "y'all"?

... Often enough, I suppose. I have cousins who live in Texas, and so when I meet them they bring their "slang" with them, and some of it such as "y'all" and "howdy" have stuck with me. I don't talk like that too often, but still, such words do exist in my vocabulary.

11 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

How many languages do you know?

Fluently: English

Conversationally: French, Bengali, Mandarin, German

A few words: Polish, Latin, Hungarian, Japanese, Turkish, Greek, Italian, Spanish, Czech, Slovak, etc.

You could say that I am somewhat of a polyglot.

How many languages do you know, and what languages do you want to know?

Edited by Sigismund of Luxemburg

33 minutes ago, Sigismund of Luxemburg said:

Fluently: English

Conversationally: French, Bengali, Mandarin, German

A few words: Polish, Latin, Hungarian, Japanese, Turkish, Greek, Italian, Spanish, Czech, Slovak, etc.

You could say that I am somewhat of a polyglot.

How many languages do you know, and what languages do you want to know?

Wow... that's... quite an accomplishment!

As for the question, I know English... and that's it. I took Latin in school years ago in an attempt to use that knowledge to learn other Romance languages... but that never happened. I've still retained some knowledge of it at least; though not much. I don't even know if "Rex Glacies" is grammatically correct!

As for what I wish to know... everything you listed! I would love to learn nigh every language, but I suppose what I would want more than others would be French, Russian, German, and Japanese.

And for your question: If you could live anywhere in the world, still with access to food, running water, Wi-Fi, and electricity, and ignoring any possible language barriers, where would you live?

1 hour ago, buttmuncher.ops said:

how often do you do the "ohohoho" laugh

To state this simply, I essentially never utter such a laugh. In fact, one would rarely find me ever laughing. If I am to say, I do sometimes cover my mouth if I am ever to laugh in a similar manner. Mind you, such was present even before I discovered the concept of Japanese animated television series.

Might I ask, what inspired you to choose such a... curious username?

Favorite season and why?

On 8/30/2017 at 8:39 PM, Clarine said:

Very well, and just what do you deem to be the best aspect of the United States?

Trump lol.. Nah I like how there is a lot of culture in the US. I live in New York so whenever I go into the city, there's a lot variety with fashion, customs, FOOD, that you could get introduced to. Also there are a lot of interesting people to meet and learn their ways of life.

15 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

If you could live anywhere in the world, still with access to food, running water, Wi-Fi, and electricity, and ignoring any possible language barriers, where would you live?

There are a lot of places in my mind; some of which would be:

• Poland, especially Warszawa/Krakow
  • Rome
  • Naples, especially the suburb of Castiellammare 'e Stabia (I like that name)
  • St. Petersburg
  • Vilnius
  • Dhaka
  • Kolkata
  • New Delhi

In essence, I would look for historical attractions and cultural significance.

Have you ever worn iron gloves, armor, anything?

15 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

If you could live anywhere in the world, still with access to food, running water, Wi-Fi, and electricity, and ignoring any possible language barriers, where would you live?

There are a lot of places in my mind; some of which would be:

• Poland, especially Warszawa/Krakow
  • Rome
  • Naples, especially the suburb of Castiellammare 'e Stabia (I like that name)
  • St. Petersburg
  • Vilnius
  • Dhaka
  • Kolkata
  • New Delhi

In essence, I would look for historical attractions and cultural significance.

I've had it with this double-posting glitch!

Edited by Sigismund of Luxemburg

If you could witness any moment in world history, which event and why?

1 hour ago, Sigismund of Luxemburg said:

Well in fencing I wear something equivalent to armor, the lamé is made of a metallic fabric so its kinda similar

On 9/3/2017 at 11:18 AM, Clarine said:

Might an individual such as yourself wish to "blend in" with society or be perceived as truly unique?

I don't think it matters if you blend in or stand out... if you have genuine character and care for others, I suppose among other virtues, then you have the means to have a healthy place in society. 

Favorite meat dish?

1 minute ago, Sigismund of Luxemburg said:

The Indian subcontinent has this wonderful thing called tandoori chicken. You should try it!

Your favorite cuisine?

Haha, looks tasty~

I think it would have to be... pork belly bowl. 

When is the last time you sent a hand written letter in the mail?

Just now, Gemma said:

When is the last time you sent a hand written letter in the mail?

To my understanding all the hand-written letters I've made are lying around unsent at home or else in the recycling. 

Do you prefer printed or cursive handwriting?