• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zak Something

• CrashGordon94

• Robert Stewart

• Ein

What do you think of free will?

I never thought too much into it to be honest. But I do believe that it's ever present. I don't think we'd be what we are right now if it weren't for it. Especially since the phrase does imply that we're able to make our own choices. Granted, said choices might not always be the right ones. But even so...

An ode by a Welsh? Gentleman named Iolo Morganwg(sp?) who "rediscovered" the Druid beliefs, that somehow were very similar to the Universalist religion he was a part of, and tried re-establishing the bard/druids in the 18th/19th century or so.

My classmates and I were very amused how his name could sound like YOLO when he believed in an idea similar to reincarnation called Metempsychosis. :)

Part of a Bards and Ballads English course I am taking... Been very interesting, and fulgence was also a word I did not know, so once I found out the meaning I decided I'd like to try to use the word. :p

Didn't know words like that could be learned in a Language Arts and Literature Class. (At least, that's what's coming to my mind when you say "Bards and Ballads English".) But then again, there's quite a few words one might not know about at first that he/she can learn in such a class.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Any interests besides what you have on your profile?

Off the top of your head, what movie quotes can you recall that you find funny?

I guess that question applies to both Al and gabethegreen since Al didn't get a question.

Opinion on the MLP IDW comics? Assuming you've read them that is.

I've never read them. I don't even know what IDW stands for.

Edited by Randoman

Gonna redirect your own question back at you. Because I can't really think of anything better to ask for now.

Off the top of your head, what movie quotes can you recall that you find funny?

Well, there's Gimli's "Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What're we waiting for?" quote. Especially considering how his personality is. There's also Han Solo's "No reward is worth this" quote. Seeing as it helps establish the eventual Slap-Slap-Kiss between Han and Leia. A potentially more classic one would be Tony Camonte's "Okay. She's mine" line from the original Scarface film. And there's also Scotty's "I like this ship!" line from the first J.J. Abrams Star Trek film. And The Hulk's "puny god" line from The Avengers.

I've never read them. I don't even know what IDW stands for.

Idea Design Works. And it's primarily a a comic book publishing company. They've published quite a few comics. Some of which are based off of Hasbro properties including MLP: FiM.

So who are some of your most favourite fictional females?

Gonna redirect your own question back at you. Because I can't really think of anything better to ask for now.

From Fantastic Mr. Fox:

"I don't want to live in a hole anymore. It makes me feel poor."

"You're supposed to be my lab partner."

"I am."

"...no you're not. You're disloyal."

and most importantly:

Idea Design Works. And it's primarily a a comic book publishing company.

Ah. I never heard of them until now.

So who are some of your most favourite fictional females?

(In no particular order.)

The mane 6 (especially Twilight Sparkle, as you already know) + Celestia and Luna from MLP: FiM.

Lady Amalthea from The Last Unicorn.

Tima from the 2001 Metropolis film.

Yoko Littner and Nia Teppelin from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

Dierdre, Julia, Lucina, Jill, Mist, Lyndis, Ninian, Lilina, and (especially) Idun from the Fire Emblem series. (I might not be listing all of them, however.)

Clarisse from Fahrenheit 451.

Arcee from Transformers Prime.

Black Widow and Peggy Carter from the Marvel Movieverse.

Lain Iwakura from Serial Experiments Lain.

Jeri Katou and Rika Nonaka/Ruki Makino from Digimon Tamers.

Rachel Roth/Raven and Koriand'r/Starfire from Teen Titans.

Chii, Yuzuki, and Yumi Oomura from Chobits.

Jinmay and Nova from Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go.

Alicia Melchiott, Brigitte "Rosie" Stark, Lynn, Jane Turner, Selvaria Bles, Cordelia Gi Randgriz, Cosette Coalhearth, Aliasse, and Franca Martin from the Valkyria Chronicles series. (May be subject to change.)

Supergirl, Hawkgirl, Wonder Woman, Annie, and Inque from the DCAU.

Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood, and Molly Weasley from Harry Potter.

Monica Raybrandt from Dark Cloud 2 a.k.a. Dark Chronicle

Princess Zelda (specifically the ALttP, OoT, TWW, SS, and ALBW versions + Hilda), Malon, Anju, Marin, Aryll, Romani, Cremia, and Karane from The Legend of Zelda series

Will Vandom, Irma Lair, Teranee Cook, Cornelia Hale, Hay Lin, and Elyon Brown from W.I.T.C.H.

Synthea from the webcomic on DeviantArt that bears her name. (If fanfiction counts.)

And that's it from the top of my head for now.

From Fantastic Mr. Fox:

"I don't want to live in a hole anymore. It makes me feel poor."

"You're supposed to be my lab partner."

"I am."

"...no you're not. You're disloyal."

and most importantly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5hZnkzMxQA

Man, I haven't seen Fantastic Mr. Fox in so long, that it's no wonder why these didn't come to my mind yesterday.

Ah. I never heard of them until now.

I'm actually kind of surprised that you didn't hear of them before now.

-----------------------------------

Favorite book then?

EDIT: Thought of a few more examples.

Edited by Just call me AL

Guess I will answer Al's question as Gabe asked none...

Interests besides what I list on my profile of "...stuff and things? ...sprites and fire emblem..."?

Well... I obviously quite enjoy creativity and art in general... I also love reading, stories, drama, singing, music and playing guitar... That would be some of my interests... I guess my main interest is Learning, as I always love learning new things and growing and developing my own skills and abilities. :)

----

Have you ever identified as Brony in public? What was the reaction if so? Positive, ambivalent, hostile?

Have you ever liked a series/character quite a lot, despite not even watching/playing the series or the character the series is from?

The mane 6 (especially Twilight Sparkle, as you already know) + Celestia and Luna from MLP: FiM.

Lady Amalthea from The Last Unicorn.

Man, I haven't seen Fantastic Mr. Fox in so long, that it's no wonder why these didn't come to my mind yesterday.

Heh, so you like all the mane six? Nice. Most people (including myself) usually have one or two among the mane six they dislike or are neutral to (I'm personally neutral to Rainbow Dash, since I generally don't like arrogant and show-offy characters much).
And you've officially raised up on my ranks of awesome SF members for your apprecation of Lady Amalthea, The Last Unicorn, and Fantastic Mr. Fox. (I don't actually have an official list of awesome SF members, but you get the idea).

Have you ever liked a series/character quite a lot, despite not even watching/playing the series or the character the series is from?

Yes... sometimes it feels like that is all I can do with anime and video game series these days. >.<

...same question to you.

Have you ever identified as Brony in public? What was the reaction if so? Positive, ambivalent, hostile?

It was a few occasions. On here, it it counts, there was at least two other users that didn't appreciate bronies, so it was a little negative. (One of the aforementioned users wasn't exactly the easiest of people to get along or reason with.) In real life, most people that I came across didn't even care. One of my r/l friends was all like "oh no, him too?" when he found out though, but otherwise doesn't say anything about it. Another found it pretty cool that I was one. And there were also a few acquaintances that I met at one point or another in the theaters that were bronies themselves. I even walked around with a group of them one time in New York during the day I was preparing to go see The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses Second Quest. (I'm not afraid to admit that particular fact.) So...

----------

Did liking a particular character from a series make you want to watch/read/play said series?

So looks and personality wise, what are your preferences for women? I have a feeling long, straight hair is one of them looks-wise.

...same question to you.

Yeah. Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western and Takamaru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle are my main ones, I actually have played Dillon's Rolling Western recently, so that probably doesn't count anymore. I'm enjoying it, though it's really stressful with how much you need to balance out resources and turret fire around the map (especially since even if you go all out on towers and turrets, you can't even cover half the map with them or completely protect even one path to the town from Grocks), and it's especially stressful when Grocks actually reach the town and take down your Scrog count (since even if you're at the town gates, you can't even fight the the Grocks in the town anymore).

Why did you make this thread?

I realized I forgot to answer this question so I'll answer it now.

I figured it'd be a really nice way to have SF members get to know each other and become SF buddies. I mean, it's kind of hard to figure out which SF members would respond to conversations or would be interested in letting others learn about them and learning more about others, so I figured a thread like this would be the ideal place for that.

Edited by Randoman

So looks and personality wise, what are your preferences for women? I have a feeling long, straight hair is one of them looks-wise.

You're kinda right on that part, though wavy hair could be considered an appearance factor as well, as is a cute face. Personality-wise? Cute, kind, honest, has a good sense of morality, considerate, patient, tolerant, and funny would be the most desirable traits. It also helps if she happens to share some interests similar to mine. Sluttiness, or anything resembling it, be it either in appearance or personality, is kind of a turn-off for me. I'd rather a woman rely on her natural charms.

What about you?

Would you still fall in love with those same personality traits if your lover was of the opposite gender?

Why did you chose the name shockmaster?

I needed a UN and then i remembered this old in-joke of my high school friends b/c of a huge wrestling blunder of a character called the Shockmaster

Would you still fall in love with those same personality traits if your lover was of the opposite gender?

As in would I fall in love with those same traits if the person that has them is a guy? Possible? Maybe. Likely? Probably not. Though I would be friends with him. I wouldn't exactly call any guy "cute", personally.

What's your favorite stuff to draw if I may ask? (And if you do have an art thread on here, I apologize for not seeing it sooner. I'm not exactly on here as often as I used to be.)

my drawings aren't really good, man

i just draw little doodles of things, like characters mostly

idk how to explain it

i've drawn some stuff and left them around, but there's no way in hell i'm making a thread for my "doodles"

not even in the same league compared to people that actually know how to draw and stuff

>~>

what are the kind of things that you would say would like to help calm you down if you're in a bad mood?

If you could pick one movie that'd suddenly increase in popularity and would become well known to the public (let's say... Frozen or Shrek level popularity/well-known-ness), what movie would you pick?

@ Al:

Looks-wise: Long hair, sincere looking eyes and face, natural looking appearance (eg: little to no make-up, hair dye, eye shadow)

Personality-wise: kind, considerate, patient, tolerant, gentle, shares similar interests and hobbies as me, strong sense of morals

what are the kind of things that you would say would like to help calm you down if you're in a bad mood?

Take walks, play some video games, read something, or watch TV or a movie would be my go-to activities for blowing off steam. Drawing would be a thing too, if I had better conditions to draw in that is.

What do you do if inspiration hits you, but can't seem to do anything to act upon it?

If you could visit any place (real or fictional) which would it be and why?

I'm also going to answer Al's question above (as I think I need to put information down??). I have a pretty good memory, so I just store it in my brain, before finding a piece of paper and writing the thought down.