The Survivor Thread

Life

Well in Vanuatu they make good points, and Eliza's is just funny. I'd watch it. It was a fairly decent season. Before the merge it was a bit boring IMO, but postmerge the game got interesting.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris puts on an absolute spellbinder of a show during the second half of Vanuatu.

Watch the season from Chris's point of view and pay close attention to the vote at F9. At F9, the game completely changes (I mean F9, not F7).

Vanuatu is a good season to watch.

I liked Africa, Outback and China. Africa and Outback because after that they just kept doing like Islands and watery places and it got too similar for me.

Haven't watched it in a long time though I used to be obsessed with it.

Chris was one of my favorite winners. Without spoiling too much, the man knew how to work the jury very well. He's smarter than he looks.

Chris's FTC performance is something I can only describe as "BULLSHIT UP TO YOUR EARS".

On the Vanuatu DVD, they took a revote and Chris actually ends up winning that one 6-1. Guess who flips.

Wow, really? I wouldn't expect that. The thing is, the ones who voted for him

Scout and Ami

were the only ones who were able to see through his ruse. The others fell for him, or at least didn't like Twila enough.

So I just finished Vanuatu last night, and it was a really good season. I wasn't disappointed.

I liked the final tribal council a lot too, I didn't really feel like anyone was super butthurt over losing to the final two. Although I probably would've picked Twila to win (Scout and Ami were totally right in calling out Chris's COMPLETE bullshit the entire time), Chris was able to convince everyone else he was sincere so hats off to him.

So what season should I watch next? Should I just hit up Palau next since I haven't seen that one yet? The whole military kind of theme bores me though.

So I just finished Vanuatu last night, and it was a really good season. I wasn't disappointed.

I liked the final tribal council a lot too, I didn't really feel like anyone was super butthurt over losing to the final two. Although I probably would've picked Twila to win (Scout and Ami were totally right in calling out Chris's COMPLETE bullshit the entire time), Chris was able to convince everyone else he was sincere so hats off to him.

So what season should I watch next? Should I just hit up Palau next since I haven't seen that one yet? The whole military kind of theme bores me though.

Palau's decent if you want to see one of the best challenge dominaters of all time (the Koror War Machine) but as a season, I find it meh.

About Vanuatu. When the DVD aired with the commentary, the jury did a revote. Apparently a fight broke out at some point. But the revote was 6 for Chris and 1 for Twila with Scout switching sides. Mind you, Scout was a female Chris. She was a HUGE jury threat since she was such a great bullshitter herself.

Hope you enjoyed the storyline of "Chris gets screwed so he vows revenge".

Palau's decent if you want to see one of the best challenge dominaters of all time (the Koror War Machine) but as a season, I find it meh.

About Vanuatu. When the DVD aired with the commentary, the jury did a revote. Apparently a fight broke out at some point. But the revote was 6 for Chris and 1 for Twila with Scout switching sides. Mind you, Scout was a female Chris. She was a HUGE jury threat since she was such a great bullshitter herself.

Hope you enjoyed the storyline of "Chris gets screwed so he vows revenge".

I did enjoy Chris's whole revenge plot. And Scout was definitely a great bullshitter. I think she was probably even better at it than Chris because she seemed way more subtle about it (although maybe that was just the editing of the show).

Do you know what the fight was about? I'm gonna have to see if I can find that somewhere, I'd like to see it for sure.

Any season you'd recommend next if Palau is just meh?

I did enjoy Chris's whole revenge plot. And Scout was definitely a great bullshitter. I think she was probably even better at it than Chris because she seemed way more subtle about it (although maybe that was just the editing of the show).

Do you know what the fight was about? I'm gonna have to see if I can find that somewhere, I'd like to see it for sure.

Any season you'd recommend next if Palau is just meh?

Scout was fantastic at needling people. Everyone hated her but respected her game a ton. I'd call her Sandra 2.0 if Chris didn't turn out to be such a good player.

As for seasons that you want to watch... depends. What have you seen recently?

Scout was fantastic at needling people. Everyone hated her but respected her game a ton. I'd call her Sandra 2.0 if Chris didn't turn out to be such a good player.

As for seasons that you want to watch... depends. What have you seen recently?

I've seen seasons 1-6, Vanuatu, Cook Islands, Fiji, Gabon and Redemption Island.

Ugh. I've wanted to watch it for a long time, but they don't have it on itunes. Eh, I'm sure I can find an alternative method to seeing it.

Yeah. There is.

In addition, this season teaches you to respect Fairplay. Sure he lied about his grandmother dying. But he was one of the best strategists known to play this game (and he followed Cesternino, mind you).

Edited by Kitty Admiral

I'm going to do a watch of PI. Been a long time since I've seen it. One of the best theme songs in Survivor history. Makes me want to be on Survivor so badly.

Edited by Kitty Admiral

One of the best theme songs in Survivor history.

Right up there with Thailand, HVV, China, and All-Stars (even though this one is just a remix of the first seven, it's still really good)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm pretty sure Colton lost every fan he may of had after that horrible terrible speech and that everyone on that island is an idiot. Seriously. Anyway, Colton needs to go ASAP.

I'm predicting a tribal switch next week.

I'm pretty sure Colton lost every fan he may of had after that horrible terrible speech and that everyone on that island is an idiot. Seriously. Anyway, Colton needs to go ASAP.

I'm predicting a tribal switch next week.

Agreed on the tribal switch. Colton has been getting so much screen time though that I'm predicting he's gonna make it pretty far, he's definitely this season's major villain.