What to do over the summer...

I.M. Gei

10 members have voted

1. 1. Stay home and enjoy the summer or go to UCI and get some classes out of the way over the summer?

• Go take summer classes so you have a better shot at graduating on time!
    • This could be the last summer you can spend with your high school friends, so live it up. And get a job too.

So I'm considering the draws and drawbacks of each. On one hand, going to UCI's summer program can help get classes out of the way and give me a better shot at graduating in 4 years. But that would mean I don't get to spend much time (including my birthday) with my friends back home.

On the other hand, staying home means I can spend one last summer with my friends in high school and in the area. I also might get a job, meaning I won't be so financially destitute while in college. But then, I might be forced to stay 5 or more years just to get the classes I need in order to graduate.

What to do...?

Tough, what I'd do is take the summer classes so that you can actually graduate. I mean, its not like you wont see your friends again. Tell them to get facebook or something if you really miss them.

Summer classes are worth the sacrifices, IMHO. Spending time with friends is good and all, but you're probably much better off graduating with your friends than hanging out with them for a summer. Depending on what you have in mind for college, financial aid is sometimes an option.

Edited by Isaac55

Well, the only two choices I have are both financially stricken public schools. The one I'm more likely to go to has offered me their honors program, which gives priority in choosing housing and classes.

There's just that part of me that wants to live it up, right now.

Edited by Tiki's Pet Pikachu