First-time HHM Playthrough (stolen)

Scooter

All of this is stolen :D

Okay, so here's the scoop. I'm going jump into my first playthrough of HHM, and I want you guys to pick the characters I use. I'm thinking that I'll get a good list of 12 characters you all draft and hope for the best. Now, I've played through the other modes many, many times, but I've never worked up the nerve to challenge the horrors of HHM. Note that I'll go through LHM beforehand, so I ask that you please give me at least a few units from that group. I'll use the standard drafting rules with meatshielding enabled (I figure that enemies in the early Hector chapters will kick my ass unless I throw an unarmed Marcus in their paths, since I'm sure he won't get picked). It should also be pointed out that since this is my first try on HHM, this playthrough will focus neither on rank nor on low-turn efficiency--I just want to finish this thing with as many characters as possible recruited and none of my drafted guys dead. I also threw in the necessary lord(s). I'm essentially throwing myself at the mercy of my fellow forum-goers; I hope you'll be gentle.

As I'm playing the cartridge and not a ROM, I'll post updates each chapter in the standard text format.

1. Hector

2. Priscilla

3. Marcus

4. Dorcas

5. Louise

6. Isadora

7. Wallace

8. Kent

9. Farina

10. Nino

11. Rebecca

12. Rath

13. Matthew

14. Heath

Thanks for picking, and thanks for letting me steal your topic Dig.

Please pick me 12-14 units. I get the first pick too, cause I'm a jerk.

Hector! I choose you!

Edited by Scooter

Rebecca, because some really cool and awesome guy already called Isadorable.

EDIT: rd you troll giving him wallace and geitz. you are a hero.

Edited by Integrity

I asked two of my friends to pick characters for me too, they picked Rath and Matthew. I have quite a bit of Lyn Mode characters. Anyway, I want someone to pick me one more please!

*Shurgs* Unfortunately, I seem to have been ignored (probably for the best, I suppose).

Come on RD give me a real character. Even if it's like Renault

Alright here begins my adventure!

Prologue:

Name: Scooter

Birth Month: December

Cruise through this using only one vulnerary. Lyn gains decent stats, but I'm not using her anyway. Finish in 6 turns

Chapter 1:

Commence Kent solo. Cruise through it using only 1 vulnerary and utilizing forests. Kent gains 2 levels His stats look like this:

LVL HP STR/MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES 
3  22    6    6   9   2   7   1

7 turns

Chapter 2:

Took me a little longer than I hoped due to enemy AI, but I finished in 10 turns.

5  23    6    7   11   3   7   1

Kent is getting very speed blessed.

Chapter 3:

Pretty simple. Recruit Wil and send Florina to get the 2000 gold from the village. Kent continues to stomp everyone. Sain buys an extra Iron Sword in case I need it

8 Turns

7  22    6    8   12   3   8   2

His speed is ridiculous. His Strength is starting to be a bit of a concern though.

Chapter 4:

Enter Dorcas

This was a little tough. Defense chapter with only 2 usable characters. Nonetheless, it was done with relative ease.

Kent

9  27    8    9   13   3   10   2

Dorcas

4  31    8    7   6   4   3   0

Chapter 5:

Simple little chapter. Sent Kent around the mountains taking out all the units in the way, and sent Dorcas through them.

5 Turns

Kent didn't level

Dorcas

5  32    9    7   6   5   4   0

Chapter 6:

Got Rath and Matthew. Huzzah!

Sent Sain to grab the Door key, and had Kent clear the way bottom. Sent Dorcas toward the treasure room.

Had Lyn Recruit Matthew, opened the door, and pressed the switch with Rath.

Got the Angelic Robe, followed by killing the soldier and getting the armorslayer. Hit the next switch and killed the boss in 1 turn with Rath and Dorcas.

Used Florina to hit the final switch triggering the end of the map.

5 Turns

Kent

10  28    8   10  13   3  10   2

Dorcas didn't level.

Matt and Rath are at base level stats.

Edited by Scooter