To Import Or Not To Import

So, I think this game looks amazing. It's got the characters from Shadow Dragon, but they actually have personalities now, I love the story, and the maps look great.

However, it's taken longer to localize then any game I've ever waited for.

So, is it worth the Import?

Did you buy Shadow Dragon and loved it? If yes, then it's probably worth it for you if you really wanna play the game and won't mind the possibility of the localization being announced some time after you get it.

Much more content than Shadow Dragon and the "language barrier" for most FE games is exaggerated.

Emulate it to see if it's going to bother you, and if not, import it I'd say. It's been out for a year, so the price should be a bit better. Likewise, the Japanese does not get in the way at all, unless you're trying to read the story. Anything else... is fear of moonspeak.

Well, I did it. Got it from Amazon.

One month wait Wrys.gif

But oh well. It's coming. A few questions if you guys are willing to answer:

1.Any big changes in character usefulness from SD? Are Wolf and Sedgar still Gods?

2. Any of the new characters have potential?

3. Can I make MU have an afro, stache, and monocle? Because that would make my day a thousand times over.

Monocle et Afro, oui. No mustaches I'm afraid. But a month late? What the hell? That's not right...

The story will just get translated on SF's site eventually (likely coinciding with a ROM translation), so yes, I'd strongly recommend importing.

FE1/FE3 has been translated for a couple years now, as a public translation patch. That's the story right there. Roro, Catelina, and those orphans, and then the few side chapters and My Unit contextual events, are pretty much the only new content. And apart from the supports, you can get the gist of the story from around the internet for the orphans/my unit.

If I remember correctly, FE1DS lifts most of its script directly from the original/Super Famicom remake. I don't know about FE3DS, but if it is pretty much a lift, you're not missing much except for the new content.

Well, I did it. Got it from Amazon.

One month wait Wrys.gif

But oh well. It's coming. A few questions if you guys are willing to answer:

1.Any big changes in character usefulness from SD? Are Wolf and Sedgar still Gods?

2. Any of the new characters have potential?

3. Can I make MU have an afro, stache, and monocle? Because that would make my day a thousand times over.

Nothing against you but if the release date is announced for 29 days or something I would laugh so hard.

It is indeed a lift, outside of the new things they put in. For Shadow Dragon it should be noted that while the story was a lift, the translators at least did a nice job of making it look pretty.

Nothing against you but if the release date is announced for 29 days or something I would laugh so hard.

If that happens, I will personally buy it anyway, then run around town, wearing

the English version and Japanese versions linked together as a bra. And recite every notable villain speech(kefka.gif) I can memorize in a Wal-Mart.

So what I'm trying to say is that it would break my brain.

Eh, at least it'll be a nice surprise when it randomly arrives in July. I leave home to go for a drive and HEY, Fire Emblem on my porch :p

Also thanks for answering that question about Wolf and Sedgar.

You might want to cancel that order and just order from overseas. How much did you pay for that?

(and their title reminds me, I still don't know what the hell that DSi enhanced "thing" is for this game)

About 55 bucks (shipping included)

You might want to cancel that order and just order from overseas. How much did you pay for that?

(and their title reminds me, I still don't know what the hell that DSi enhanced "thing" is for this game)

Just the region lock IIRC, which is why it shouldn't be imported by DSi owners that don't also have a Lite or "Fat" DS.

July 28? Wouldn't that be something if you get the game on my birthday? It could be a sign that we'll get the release info in July >.< the game was released in Japan on my sister's bday.

If that happens, I will personally buy it anyway, then run around town, wearing

the English version and Japanese versions linked together as a bra. And recite every notable villain speech(kefka.gif) I can memorize in a Wal-Mart.

Somebody send this to Nintendo, if that's not an incentive to localise this I don't know what is.