Moving On: LP Heroes 3!

Integrity

Whole lotta nothing today, but there was a good point to stop.

Incidentally, magic skills DO improve spells of that school by some factor, not just make them cheaper.

[spoiler=today's lotta nothing]

Heroes3-080.jpg

We start our new week next to a SIGN! Signs serve no purpose other than exposition. Let's see what it says?

Heroes3-081.jpg

:(

Oh well. At least we read it.

Heroes3-082.jpg

Our newfangled Resource Silo over the Marketplace gives us extra resources every day. Also, I break our budget buying everything I can then decide to leave the Pikemen home for mobility.

Heroes3-083.jpg

Let's fight some Troggos!

Heroes3-084.jpg

You can guess how this ends.

Heroes3-085.jpg

mmhmm

Heroes3-086.jpg

Halon doesn't level up, but Christian does from unrelated activities. Resistance gives your units a 5/10/15% chance to deflect spells. It's not my favorite skill.

Heroes3-087.jpg

Pit Fiends are the diciest enemy we've fought yet, but this is Christian. We'll poke their eyes out!

Heroes3-088.jpg

Yeah, we got this.

Heroes3-089.jpg

Heroes3-090.jpg

UTTERLY blew taking the picture, but our Marksmen procced a remove. Score!

Heroes3-091.jpg

Heroes3-092.jpg

Halberdiers eat the counter, then our melee brigade tears the Pit Fiends to little pieces.

Heroes3-093.jpg

Didn't even bother to picture the aftermath of this. Pewpew!

Heroes3-094.jpg

Found another Observatory! Hey now, Brown Castle!

Heroes3-095.jpg

It's not sturdily defended. CRASH COURSE IN SIEGE TIME

Unless your hero has the Ballistics skill, the catapult acts of its own accord. Each shot can be glancing or solid (usually solid), and two solid hits knock off a section of wall. You can't pass except over the drawbridge (which can only be opened from within) or through a wall breach. Upgraded walls give you archers atop towers (who do asdf damage) and a moat which damages any unit who steps in it. Fliers can just zing over the walls and lol. No archers, no ranged units, no moat. This is going to be a pushover.

Heroes3-096.jpg

AND THEN HE WALKS OUT TO FIGHT ME.

Incidentally, that drawbridge opens when a unit comes out and closes when they step off it. If a unit dies on the drawbridge, the drawbridge sticks in the open position. Very useful, sometimes.

Heroes3-097.jpg

Heroes3-098.jpg

Melee mobs are fun to take pictures of.

Heroes3-099.jpg

AW GAY

Heroes3-100.jpg

WISDOM WISDOM WISDOM

So let's see what's in our new castle..

Heroes3-101.jpg

...fuck-all. Base level hall, base level castle, a Guardhouse and a Market.

Heroes3-102.jpg

Heroes3-103.jpg

Heroes3-104.jpg

Heroes3-105.jpg

Heroes3-106.jpg

Halon does some conquering.

Incidentally, on ranged units: every range unit can attack in melee (for half damage, *usually*) and cannot shoot if any enemy is next to them. The Hellhounds in the middle shots attacked my Marksmen, removed, and MOVED AWAY FROM MY MARKSMEN to attack my Griffins, letting me shoot them to death. Ponder that.

Heroes3-107.jpg

Heroes3-108.jpg

Halon levels TWICE from that. Archery is Offense for shooters - INCREDIBLY useful - and Scholar lets a hero teach other heroes spells. Not so great.

Heroes3-109.jpg

Christian hits up a Witch Hut for Water Magic and then I reload because no.

Now we're left with a choice! Christian can go southwest, northwest or northeast. Halon is pretty much pigeonholed into his path, but Christian has options! CHOOSE WISELY or don't

Edited by Integrity

Northeast it is. I think we'll just do this one campaign, because this is proving to be a lot of work.

[spoiler=today!]

Heroes3-110.jpg

Hey, look, it's that Witch's Hut we're not visiting!

Heroes3-111.jpg

Anyway, a picture of the northeast. That shimmery shiny stuff is ...some special kind of terrain that ...does something. I think it improves Morale?

Heroes3-112.jpg

Heroes3-113.jpg

Heroes3-114.jpg

Victory results in us finding our first ARTIFACT!

Heroes3-115.jpg

Heroes3-116.jpg

oh that is just straight ballin'

Remember, move speed determines combat initiative. Now our Marksmen ALWAYS act before other peoples' Marksmen. This is incalculably good.

Heroes3-117.jpg

Also, freeish stats. After we've pinned the enemy to his last breath, I'll take an aside to make sure all our Heroes hit all these houses.

Heroes3-118.jpg

Now Halon's turn! Let's go find out what the Lighthouse does!

Heroes3-119.jpg

...that's it? Fine. Back to Christian.

Heroes3-120.jpg

Heroes3-121.jpg

Heroes3-122.jpg

Trying is overrated.

Heroes3-123.jpg

Heroes3-124.jpg

Free stats for Halon, and a sign for Christian! ...wait a minute.

Heroes3-125.jpg

OWNED BY TAN PLAYER. OH GOD HAVE MERCY.

Heroes3-126.jpg

I don't remember what Scholars do.

Heroes3-127.jpg

Aw, REALLY? And I didn't save before this.

Heroes3-128.jpg

...autosave :awesome:

Heroes3-129.jpg

Week 3 comes with good things. Most notably, Level 4 Mage's Guild! That's as far as we can build in a Castle. That's out of 5, by the way.

Heroes3-130.jpg

Looks impressive, don't it? Each scroll represents one spell, but there's a single obvious winner here:

Heroes3-131.jpg

These are permanent resurrections, so if I take a few losses in a battle I can just pick them back up and trololol. As long as I do it in-battle.

Heroes3-132.jpg

Harpy Hags SUCK. They have high MOV, they cannot be counterattacked, and they return to their original position after they attack. I fucking HATE them.

Heroes3-133.jpg

So we shoot the FUCK out of them.

Heroes3-134.jpg

Heroes3-135.jpg

And get an axe :D

Now, we need a new hero. Let's go visit the Tavern and --

Heroes3-136.jpg

ASDF HOT STUFF

This leads us to her recruiting everything she can, which leads us to another special day of New Units Get!

NEW UNIT GET: MONK

monks.jpg

Monks are the Castle Tier 5 unit and one of the better ranged units in the game. Solid stats combine with hefty health for a great ranged platform. There's one better, though.

NEW UNIT GET: ZEALOT

zealots.jpg

Not to be confused with this hunky guy, Zealots are Monk upgrades. Notice the doubled shot reservoir, the improved defensive skill, and the special ability.

Yeah.

No melee penalty.

Heroes3-139.jpg

So anyway, next time we venture into the black! This has been like an hour of playing so far. ;_;

EDIT: ha ha end tags

Edited by Integrity