Confused About Eirika!

I just finished FE Blazing Swords : Hector mode today and I decided to start FE Sacred Stones. All was fine for a while, but around chapter 2, the one where you get Ross and Garcia, I realised my Eirika was getting weird. When i ask her to attack enemies, she would just raise her sword. No damage will register while in combat, but they'll die once out of the combat screen. (I also noticed her Str stat has changed to Mag) I looked around for a long time and it seems people says this problem stems from hacking the game, but I've never hacked the game at all, I don't even know how I would go about that.

So my question is, why is this happening and how do i solve it?

Looks like she's using her magic animation. Did you use the dark magic glitch? (Make any character able to use dark magic)

No :( I have no idea how to do that. I dont even have a dark magic wielder yet. Only -just- got Colm and niemi.

I wouldn't suggest trying the same save. Most of the time, it's not an issue with small bugs like this, but it seems like, since Eirik suddenly and magically changed from a strength-based combatant into a magic-based on, something mucked with how she enters during that chapter or otherwise adjusted her data that isn't stored directly from the game. Its been recorded into your save file. And the way Fire Emblem does its saves, it's not going to fix itself going into a new, correctly-working game. But you never know.

If it doesn't, you only have about ten minutes to breeze through back to chapter 2